Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Does it support more grains now too?

This update, and the upgrade options are really weird... obviously, Padshop 2 is part of Cubase 10.5 anyway, as i read on the Steinberg site. AND, Padshop 2 isn't compatible with anything older than Cubase 10.5, because it is incompatible with the built in Padshop. So, the only upgrade path i see is for someone who owns Padshop Pro (i think they also stopped selling the "regular" Padshop (non-pro) at some point).

Really confusing. I don't even know if i can upgrade my single Padshop Pro license to Padshop 2. Because, i only have the Pro license, i don't have the regular Padshop license, or a Cubase license anymore, so, Padshop won't even activate on my system anymore. Hope they can shed some light on how the upgrade is supposed to work.

courtjestr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 am
dandezebra wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:02 am Really, please implement a resizable GUI. I thought it would happen on the PSP update from last year. Especially on this synth!
GUI is resizable...sort of. From the manual

If High DPI Mode is activated, the plug-in uses high-resolution bitmaps when
it is displayed with a scaling of 150?% and higher on a high-resolution monitor,
such as 4K (UHD), 5K, etc. This allows for sharper images on high-resolution
displays.
NOTE
Windows systems currently only support scaling factors that are multiples of
100. For example, if you use a scaling factor of 150?%, in Padshop, the scaling
factor used is 200?%.
High DPI Mode may not be compatible with some combinations of software
and hardware. If you experience display issues with your setup, you can
deactivate High DPI Mode.
If High DPI Mode is deactivated, the native monitor resolution is used.
The High DPI mode was actually added in version 1.2.10.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:43 am This update, and the upgrade options are really weird... obviously, Padshop 2 is part of Cubase 10.5 anyway, as i read on the Steinberg site. AND, Padshop 2 isn't compatible with anything older than Cubase 10.5, because it is incompatible with the built in Padshop. So, the only upgrade path i see is for someone who owns Padshop Pro (i think they also stopped selling the "regular" Padshop (non-pro) at some point).

Really confusing. I don't even know if i can upgrade my single Padshop Pro license to Padshop 2. Because, i only have the Pro license, i don't have the regular Padshop license, or a Cubase license anymore, so, Padshop won't even activate on my system anymore. Hope they can shed some light on how the upgrade is supposed to work.
I would suggest to write to info@steinberg.de or call them.

I was facing some reactivation issues, so I called the support yesterday. The guy on phone was really supportive and solved the problem in a minute.

I wonder why you think the upgrade won't work for you. If you have Padshop Pro and it is not linked to Cubase, you can update to Padshop 2, right?

courtjestr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 am GUI is resizable...sort of. From the manual

If High DPI Mode is activated, the plug-in uses high-resolution bitmaps when
it is displayed with a scaling of 150?% and higher on a high-resolution monitor,
such as 4K (UHD), 5K, etc. This allows for sharper images on high-resolution
displays.
NOTE
Windows systems currently only support scaling factors that are multiples of
100. For example, if you use a scaling factor of 150?%, in Padshop, the scaling
factor used is 200?%.
High DPI Mode may not be compatible with some combinations of software
and hardware. If you experience display issues with your setup, you can
deactivate High DPI Mode.
If High DPI Mode is deactivated, the native monitor resolution is used.
Indeed! :clap:

Anyone tried it yet? Is there a demo?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

How did you guys get it? I purchased it but can't download it as SDA doesn't open for me.Tried turning antivirus off and my firewall, all compatibilty modes on Win10 and it still doesn't start. Do you guys know if there is a manual file I can download or is it all through the SDA?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:53 am
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:43 am This update, and the upgrade options are really weird... obviously, Padshop 2 is part of Cubase 10.5 anyway, as i read on the Steinberg site. AND, Padshop 2 isn't compatible with anything older than Cubase 10.5, because it is incompatible with the built in Padshop. So, the only upgrade path i see is for someone who owns Padshop Pro (i think they also stopped selling the "regular" Padshop (non-pro) at some point).

I would suggest to write to info@steinberg.de or call them.

I was facing some reactivation issues, so I called the support yesterday. The guy on phone was really supportive and solved the problem in a minute.

I wonder why you think the upgrade won't work for you. If you have Padshop Pro and it is not linked to Cubase, you can update to Padshop 2, right?
I hope so. I'm just not sure, because, my Padshop Pro license doesn't work on it's own, because the "base Padshop", which comes with Cubase, isn't present anymore.

nope. i am running both cubase 10.5 as well as 9.5 in parallel. padshop 2 works fine in 9.5. basically the cubase 10.5. install upgrades both padshop and retrologue to version 2. i cant voucher for any version of cubase before 9.5 as i dont run it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Ok, then the person who claimed that it wouldn't work on the Steinberg forums was obviously wrong. :)

P.S.: Actually it's even stated by Steinberg... https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeve ... -5312.html
It may be important to note that the available update to Padshop 2 is incompatible with the Padshop included in Cubase. For all of you running Cubase Pro and Artist: we recommend updating to the Cubase 10.5 to use Padshop 2.

Actually, the high-DPI GUI for Padshop Pro was already demonstrated here on KVR: viewtopic.php?p=7274637#p7274637
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am Ok, then the person who claimed that it wouldn't work on the Steinberg forums was obviously wrong. :)

P.S.: Actually it's even stated by Steinberg... https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeve ... -5312.html
It may be important to note that the available update to Padshop 2 is incompatible with the Padshop included in Cubase. For all of you running Cubase Pro and Artist: we recommend updating to the Cubase 10.5 to use Padshop 2.
yeah. hes an idiot. it works perfectly fine. see attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:09 am Actually, the high-DPI GUI for Padshop Pro was already demonstrated here on KVR: viewtopic.php?p=7274637#p7274637
How does it actually work? I mean is there anything else I need to do apart from enabling the high-DPI mode in Padshop itself? I am using FL Studio in case it matters.

Validation of Padshop 2 failed on MacOS Mojave and LogicPro.

Calenberger wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 pm Validation of Padshop 2 failed on MacOS Mojave and LogicPro.
Not sure that'll help since I'm under HS but it failed too at first try.
Went to Plug-in Manager/selected/reset and scan again to finally validate successfully.

nordickvr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:58 pm
Calenberger wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 pm Validation of Padshop 2 failed on MacOS Mojave and LogicPro.
Not sure that'll help since I'm under HS but it failed too at first try.
Went to Plug-in Manager/selected/reset and scan again to finally validate successfully.
Yes, normally that works, but not now, it's a pity.
Just opened a support ticket.
We'll see...

Return to “Instruments”