ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:20 am all information will be fully there before release, so dont worry
Me? I couldn't give a monkeys
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Every new product you have to sought through seemingly endless price complaints without the full list of improvements even known yet and "usually" a ton of ilok complaints before getting to the good stuff of what the product is about.
As for the marketing drips and drabs of info coming out to get people excited.It's been many years since the Nexus 2 release. Why not build it up to generate interest? That's just marketing.
On the other hand, I'm just glad car manufacturers don't do that, "This week on the upcoming 2020 Ford Slowdown,we learn they'll be new improved mufflers and tie rods on the under carriage, Next week, we learn about the stereo and gps improvements. lol
Last edited by dblock on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dblock wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm Every new product you have to sought through seemingly endless the price complaints and "usually" dongle complaints to get to what the product is about. As for the marketing drips and drabs of info coming out to get people excited,
I see it as marketing plain and simple. Build it up. That's their choice. I'm just glad car manufacturers don't do that, "This week on the upcoming 2020 Ford Slowdown,we learn they'll be new improved mufflers and tie rods on the under carriage, Next week, we learn about the stereo and gps improvements. lol
In a way car manufacturers do this -- https://www.ford.com/powertrains/batter ... allery-bev

Same thing happened with the C8. Not a per week build up with little fragments of info on the corporate site. But there are 'leaks' of info here and there until the final release. Usually pricing is one of the last things to be announced. :hihi:

VitaminD wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:52 pm
dblock wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm Every new product you have to sought through seemingly endless the price complaints and "usually" dongle complaints to get to what the product is about. As for the marketing drips and drabs of info coming out to get people excited,
I see it as marketing plain and simple. Build it up. That's their choice. I'm just glad car manufacturers don't do that, "This week on the upcoming 2020 Ford Slowdown,we learn they'll be new improved mufflers and tie rods on the under carriage, Next week, we learn about the stereo and gps improvements. lol
In a way car manufacturers do this -- https://www.ford.com/powertrains/batter ... allery-bev

Same thing happened with the C8. Not a per week build up with little fragments of info on the corporate site. But there are 'leaks' of info here and there until the final release. Usually pricing is one of the last things to be announced. :hihi:
Good point VitaminD. Now back to Nexus2. Still waiting for hat browser info.

dblock wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:49 pm Every new product you have to sought through seemingly endless price complaints without the full list of improvements even known yet and "usually" a ton of ilok complaints before getting to the good stuff of what the product is about.
The funny thing is that it's merely two handful (at best) of (usually the same) people who complain, creating loads of posts and big discussions about their always same-ish political views. Which leads you to believe that it would be a huge outburst, and loads of people who share those views. I think most companies are well capable of seeing it realistically, and they actually know what their general customer base really wants and is after. Which also explains the diversity of the opinions of those people here, and what the companies do with their products, and how successful they are doing so. Nexus is a evergreen for the respective styles, and will remain that, regardless of the two handful (if even) of people complaining here.

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:16 am they think more emotional than we men, which is a good thing

she wrotes herself
I am a woman, so this should explain emotional attachment and response.
so my response is, well, yes she is right, this explains it
I do have to point out that I am female because certain statement coming from guy would sound weird.
I had very awful experience with ReFX back in a day. I made a mistake to ask for Easter discount, because I missed Christmas discount and the owner was "over the top". Then- they have/had some female representative- not sure if she is someone's wife or just works there- she had super bad attitude. They got me crying (guy would probably not write this). I know what you thinking- that I am unstable. What ever. They have some serious customer service issues. And then, even later, when I ask something else, that woman would look up my support history and write something like, "You were explained the previous time..." I am glad I can buy on line and don't have to talk to anybody.

I contacted the support several times without any problems.. ..not that this make your experience somehow better but.. ..just sayin'.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Astralv wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:00 pm
msvs wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:16 am they think more emotional than we men, which is a good thing

she wrotes herself
I am a woman, so this should explain emotional attachment and response.
so my response is, well, yes she is right, this explains it
I do have to point out that I am female because certain statement coming from guy would sound weird.
I had very awful experience with ReFX back in a day. I made a mistake to ask for Easter discount, because I missed Christmas discount and the owner was "over the top". Then- they have/had some female representative- not sure if she is someone's wife or just works there- she had super bad attitude. They got me crying (guy would probably not write this). I know what you thinking- that I am unstable. What ever. They have some serious customer service issues. And then, even later, when I ask something else, that woman would look up my support history and write something like, "You were explained the previous time..." I am glad I can buy on line and don't have to talk to anybody.
I wrote to reFX multiple times, and I found them very friendly. Support was quick too. However, I remember reading many posts on their Twitter account where they were complaining about some of their customers. I found that a bit disturbing because without us, their customers, they would not be in business anymore. I guess that’s one reason why their Twitter account is no more.

I don’t think you made a “mistake” by asking about an Easter discount. It’s a very legitimate question. In my opinion, customer support staff should always be friendly. As a customer, you deserve to be treated with respect.

That said, I love Nexus and can’t wait to see what’s new in version 3! I’ve been asking for an improved vector-based UI for years and I’m glad they listened. I don’t mind paying the upgrade fee, which I think is reasonable. I see your point though, that old customers have to pay unlike new customers... but that’s the way most software companies work.

Please don't get me wrong, but there's something I'm a bit confused and worried about.
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:56 am
I would give you $100 on top of what I already paid if you, please, get rid of stupid "dangle."
can I send you my paypal for the $100?
What's the catch?
I mean, wasn't it you who said not relying on eLicenser for Avenger turned out to be the wrong decision? (announcing Avenger 2 with eLicenser protection as a paid upgrade in the next breath)
So, is non-dongle considered safe again? Or are you guys going to play the same game again (to release a dongled N4 next year or something like that)?
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am then its your lucky day: Nexus 3 won't use the elicenser dongle any more. And you have 2 activations
Well not as portable as with eLicenser unfortunately. Also, what happens when those two activations are used?

refx use an own developed copy protection method where much time went in to make it secure.

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:26 pm refx use an own developed copy protection method where much time went in to make it secure.
May I ask why Avenger doesn't use it too?

I expect or would hope for there to be new stock presets for N3, of course keep the N2 library separate but it’d be weird to just have the same old factory presets from what seems like 10 years ago on the new 2019 N3.

The quality of their newer expansions have come along way from the first ones and it’d be nice for N3 to have a new fresh and updated library

BennyLucassi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:45 am I expect or would hope for there to be new stock presets for N3, of course keep the N2 library separate but it’d be weird to just have the same old factory presets from what seems like 10 years ago on the new 2019 N3.

The quality of their newer expansions have come along way from the first ones and it’d be nice for N3 to have a new fresh and updated library
it be do

I don't use Nexus much anymore but I liked some of the electro expansions and I was using them in the past when electro was big. What I like about Nexus is that the sounds are pre-EQed to some extent which saves time mixing. What I don't like is you can't tweak them that much. Omnisphere blows it away to be honest. You can tweak way more in Omnisphere. So I wonder if version 3 will be more Omnisphere like?

currentsound wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:57 am I don't use Nexus much anymore but I liked some of the electro expansions and I was using them in the past when electro was big. What I like about Nexus is that the sounds are pre-EQed to some extent which saves time mixing. What I don't like is you can't tweak them that much. Omnisphere blows it away to be honest. You can tweak way more in Omnisphere. So I wonder if version 3 will be more Omnisphere like?
I hope not more Omnisphere like. I have Omnisphere and Nexus and they compliment each other. If they become too much alike, they go from being complimentary to being redundant.

Return to “Instruments”