Unloved synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 Aparillo ArcSyn BioTek 2 Carbon Electra Codex Wavetable Synth Cypher2 Hybrid 3 Strobe2 TAL-Mod

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:01 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:27 pm
ccDuckett wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm It makes me think of pretty powerful but NLA stuff like White Noise Audio's synths, or ConcreteFX Kubik.. just because it's no longer available doesn't mean they no longer work.
doppelmangler! :o
Hideous GUI but a classic synth!
indeed.

we where spoiled even then, now look at it and yet still people complain :o

tony10000 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:53 pm Two of my faves are ArcSyn and BioTek 2. Not much discussion on either one lately. What are yours?
Mine would be Pull My Finger. :P

ArcSyn for sure.

I'd add Phonec, though "unloved" is probably the wrong term; just a bit under the radar.

Also, for all the talk about "me love analog sound!", not a lot of yammering about the older XiLS stuff, which still sounds fantastic. Matter of fact, if Oxium were a desktop module it wouldn't be so fugly and would probably do quite well :)

Arcsyn is my go-to synth. It just sounds good to me. I seriously start out with some quirky inspiring instrument and then decide that I want the sound quality I'd get with Arcsyn.

DDSP Vertigo. Very surprising and unique Sounds (Partial Frequencys can be freely defined) possible, less is more and it is a really great Tool for Analysis: Resynthesis lets you see all the Frequencys in the Sound as Partials (1, 1.267, 1.867, ...). Great Playground: copy the Spectrum of a resynthesized Sound and paste it into an INIT Voice again. The Amplitudes get lost on the Way (they are in the File/Image) and you can do what ever you want to with the remaining Wave-Monsters ;-)

Forget about all those Bass Enhancers, Vertigo delivers all you need!
Last edited by GRUMP on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eirikur wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 pm Arcsyn is my go-to synth. It just sounds good to me. I seriously start out with some quirky inspiring instrument and then decide that I want the sound quality I'd get with Arcsyn.
ArcSyn indeed sounds amazing but the provided skins are IMO horrible :?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:19 pm Wiggle. A real gem but rarely see any comments. And when I do, it's mostly whining and complaining.
i loved wiggle, seems innovative and is fun to use. also it was on sale for 19$

however last update was few years ago, seems abandonded.

ccDuckett wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm It makes me think of pretty powerful but NLA stuff like White Noise Audio's synths, or ConcreteFX Kubik.. just because it's no longer available doesn't mean they no longer work.
WNA Zerovector still gets used around here. :party: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:19 pm Wiggle. A real gem but rarely see any comments. And when I do, it's mostly whining and complaining.
yeah it's great. been going on sale recently for very cheap too.
its definitly one of the easiest fm synths to use but has a lot of depth, and nice built in modulations.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:04 pm I don't believe in conspiracies, so when most people don't like a synth, there are probably good reasons for that.
There doesn't have to be a conspiracy for something that is good to go unnoticed for whatever reason.

It's kind of like the opposite phenomenon of something going viral.
Let's call it 'going bacterial.'

Vortifex wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 am
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:05 pm Xhun LittleOne
I demoed it. The sound was great but the workflow was horrible.
I agree inasmuchas the developer seems to want to keep strictly to the original workflow/interface of the Little Phatty, for better or worse. If you can get beyond that (or just happen to like it), it's totally worth it.
A well-behaved signature.

I agree about Phonec and Biotek.

Harmor for me.

I always thought that Oxium would be a bigger deal than it ended up being. Maybe if they had added a wavetable oscillator people would have gone bananas for it, as is the fashion.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

0degree wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:56 pm
Eirikur wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 pm Arcsyn is my go-to synth. It just sounds good to me. I seriously start out with some quirky inspiring instrument and then decide that I want the sound quality I'd get with Arcsyn.
ArcSyn indeed sounds amazing but the provided skins are IMO horrible :?
It’s not going to win any beauty contests, but it’s clear and well laid out.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”