Zebra 3 feature suggestions

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:28 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 pm -vector graphics ( runs for cover ..... )
ZebraHZ is mostly or entirely vector based if I remember correctly.
I don't think so , they are still bitmap based .
What am I new to plugins? :lol: I know what a vector based UI is, I know other U-he are not, but I *believe* at least parts of 2.8+ ZebraHZ were said to be vector based/procedurally drawn. Maybe I'm wrong. It's certainly happened before. But open up the Panes folder...you see a bunch of bitmaps for various panes...looks like proof that it's bitmap-based right? Look a little deeper. Where are the background Panes for the HZ modules that match up with the current version's GUI? I don't see any. They are there for the old skins. Nothing that looks like the new ones. Why? I think they're procedurally drawn. And that's not the only reason I believe that, I think it came up during the beta from someone at U-he.

Maybe someone from U-he can clarify and say I'm making stuff up, or confirm that at least parts of the new skin are procedurally drawn.

o.k. Fair enough , I don't have zebra HZ
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:04 pm Maybe someone from U-he can clarify and say I'm making stuff up, or confirm that at least parts of the new skin are procedurally drawn.
Can confirm.

Howard wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 pm Can confirm.
Thanks Howard. I was pretty sure I wasn't making that up, but wouldn't be the first time it happened where I had.

Not sure if someone already suggested being able to put more than two oscillator effects on an oscillator, but sometimes I just wonder what might happen (let me know if there is a workaround for this already).

A granular effect might be nifty.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

More than this module and that effect (well, I have a hunch there'll be plenty anyway), my biggest wish for Zebra3 is about the basic sound.
Sure, Zebra2 sounds good, but what blew me away when I first tried Hive was how great the sound feels. I can make a burpy patch, but it still sounds like a better burp than any other.
Not to mention Repro (especially 5). Of course I'm able to make a dull patch, but dull has for sure never sounded better.
And to get this feeling in Zebra3, with all the possibilities Zebra provides - that would be my dream.

Idk, i at first thought so as well but then i heard some insanely good patches. I guess the issue with zebra (unlike repro and hive and diva) is that its not a character synth. But thats also its strength:)

Ploki wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:53 pm Idk, i at first thought so as well but then i heard some insanely good patches. I guess the issue with zebra (unlike repro and hive and diva) is that its not a character synth. But thats also its strength:)
For sure!
Some of the best sounding synth I've heard turned out to be Zebra2 (that one's for you, Cliff Martinez).

And you may be right about the character synth difference. Still, I just really hope for that feeling of the sound core sounding mysteriously good, the same way I can feel when playing Hive. "Wow, it's just a sine with a tad of delay. And yet so beautiful."

I'm not at all complaining about the sound quality of Zebra2 (it really can do magic), I just think the later u-he synths sound so impressively good. So my point is that my biggest wish for a new Zebra is to have this level of amazing sound core.

Sorry, if it was already mentioned and I couldn't find it: Is there any recent estimation, when Zebra 3 is planned to arrive? I think I read that priority still are other things to do, mainly around macos catalina? Is this still true? Thanks.

BTW. I wouldn't bother if the update price was higher, if this would lead into a higher priority/motivation for the U-He team.

P.S. I might repeated myself. :hihi:

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:07 am Sorry, if it was already mentioned and I couldn't find it: Is there any recent estimation, when Zebra 3 is planned to arrive? I think I read that priority still are other things to do, mainly around macos catalina? Is this still true? Thanks.

BTW. I wouldn't bother if the update price was higher, if this would lead into a higher priority/motivation for the U-He team.

P.S. I might repeated myself. :hihi:
Not this year is what I remember being mentioned.

I would love to see improvements (More options on the feedback behaviour) regarding Karplus synthesis.

-Visual Feedback (best on Knob with on- off in Settings for Performance )
-Maybe Spectral Synthesis (like Iris 2.0, Drawable SpectralFilters or something)
-More "Ways" then 4 (8 Lines would be nice)
-Bigger Wavetabels
-Physical modelling synthesis
-Vocoder
-speech synthesis (Ala All your base .... would love that)
-Zebrify 2.0 (The Biggest wish on my list )
-

Polomo123 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm -Visual Feedback (best on Knob with on- off in Settings for Performance )
-Maybe Spectral Synthesis (like Iris 2.0, Drawable SpectralFilters or something)
-More "Ways" then 4 (8 Lines would be nice)
-Bigger Wavetabels
-Physical modelling synthesis
-Vocoder
-speech synthesis (Ala All your base .... would love that)
-
Don't you mean Zebrify 3.0?

pdxindy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:07 am Is there any recent estimation, when Zebra 3 is planned to arrive?...
Not this year is what I remember being mentioned.
:roll:

I won't live forever, just that you know. :hihi:

NAD wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:53 pm
Polomo123 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm
Don't you mean Zebrify 3.0?
1.Zebra 1.0 got no Zebrify (as far as I know) , Zebra 2.0 got Zebrify 1.0 , and so Zebra 3.0 would get Zebrify 2.0 :D
2. Even in my DAW it´s just Zebrify not Zebrify 2 but Zebra2 not only Zebra
3. So the up to date Version is Zebrify 1 (Version 2.91) :lol:
So it would be Zebra 3.0 (Version 3.0) with Zebrify 2.0 (Version 3.0)
(Naming and Version don't match in Zebrify just because Zebrify was one generation later than Zebra )
But I'll understand what you'll mean. This can get very confusing .
And we will see if Urs make it match in the next version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “u-he”