Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

I just picked up AL 4 about 2 months ago, but this sale on V7 is very tempting. The "new" synths do sound really good, although Synthi V is so CPU heavy. If I get V7, How many additional presets do the new synths add to AL?... is it worth the $200 upgrade?

Cartwheel wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:07 am I just picked up AL 4 about 2 months ago, but this sale on V7 is very tempting. The "new" synths do sound really good, although Synthi V is so CPU heavy. If I get V7, How many additional presets do the new synths add to AL?... is it worth the $200 upgrade?
Def worth the upgrade. The synths are infinitely fun to play with plus layering them in AL is amazing.

Stefken wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:31 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:45 am Yeah, but I would be surprised if they release V Collection 7 in the next couple of months.
You mean 8, but when the current version goes on sale, the new version is not far off. Maybe around summer.
And most likely they'll have 3 new vst's for us in the new version.
Oops, yes, that was a typo. Too many version number typing! :dog:

Hmmm, would be really interesting to see if VC8 comes out in the next two months. Looks like Arturia has a strong and efficient (possibly big too) software team. :)

If that happens, I would be a bit sad having upgraded to VC7 only a few months ago. :(

rlared wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:43 am
Cartwheel wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:07 am I just picked up AL 4 about 2 months ago, but this sale on V7 is very tempting. The "new" synths do sound really good, although Synthi V is so CPU heavy. If I get V7, How many additional presets do the new synths add to AL?... is it worth the $200 upgrade?
Def worth the upgrade. The synths are infinitely fun to play with plus layering them in AL is amazing.
Agree. It can be a little overwhelming, but having AL4 means things are easier to manage. You probably will never need to open any instrument on its own. Always used AL4 and then if needed to tweak something outside of macros, open the instrument from there.

However, you would be distraught if VC8 comes out in the next two months. So, if you can wait, I would suggest waiting, because when VC8 comes out, the upgrade price will still be $199 and you will get even more value than VC7 upgrade.

For now, just go through the presets in AL4. IIRC, I have 10,000+ (!) presets in AL4 with VC7 and Pigments 2 installed along with some extra preset banks (free + paid). This includes the additional 800+ presets of Synthopedia collection, which is a part of VC7.

Website says AL4 is "over 6500" sounds and V7 is "8000+". So somewhere around 1500 presets more? Of which Synthopedia consists of around 800 of those.
(My AL4 w/Pigments 2, and additional sound sets totals about 9725 - but no V collection.)

Perhaps I'll wait for V8 - I have Pigments 2, as well. For some reason I use to overlook Arturia, but there are so many "usable" sounds in AL. And, they just seem to sit in a track nicely. The new stuff is another level, imo - I would really like to dabble with Mellotron, full version and samples, like I can with Pigments. I don't quite get their pricing, though - I mean, Synthi V or CZ sell for $200 on there own... guess they are steering you towards the V Collection.

Cartwheel wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 pm I don't quite get their pricing, though - I mean, Synthi V or CZ sell for $200 on there own... guess they are steering you towards the V Collection.
Just this past summer they had a 50% off sale, so hopefully they will do that again this summer/2020:
https://www.arturia.com/company/press/p ... summersale

Cool, nice to know that.

Haha, I think you want VC7 badly. I guess you could wait until the next similar sale, which would happen twice again this year. This way you could directly get VC8 if it is released. It's difficult, but you can do it.
i unsuscriped from many newsletters
I did too, but being on KVR does not help the cause much. ;)
there were 2 factors for not upgrading to v7; bought many synths (many is not 10 or 20 or 30.. but enough), and i learned them, used them, got deeper into them etc. and the prices i paid, also for mastering software (not the very known stuff...) and sounddesign software.
so i didn't need other synths.

so jumped in, the sale, no regret, even if v8 comes along, in a month... yes perhaps, for some hours, at that time.
but the synthi, aaaah, great, i love it. the CZ, yeah! and even the mellotron.... it will be very usefull in my kind of music. love the sound, my samples (from synths, or from loops, with synths and manipulated effects, or field recordings, re-edited, transformed, via all kinds of software i have) tend to sound lo-fi, although they are high quality..., but the way i treat them... not always of course.

but, i can wait for the sale of v8, i have 3 synths to discover... and with every step you take (aaaah), with a synth, opens new possibilities, that you also must learn to control.

but i like them!

i never install analog lab, maybe an oversight. or it works not within my workflow.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Cool, nice to know that.

Haha, I think you want VC7 badly. I guess you could wait until the next similar sale, which would happen twice again this year. This way you could directly get VC8 if it is released. It's difficult, but you can do it.
i unsuscriped from many newsletters
I did too, but being on KVR does not help the cause much. ;)
there were 2 factors for not upgrading to v7; bought many synths (many is not 10 or 20 or 30.. but enough), and i learned them, used them, got deeper into them etc. and the prices i paid, also for mastering software (not the very known stuff...) and sounddesign software.
so i didn't need other synths.

so jumped in, the sale, no regret, even if v8 comes along, in a month... yes perhaps, for some hours, at that time.
but the synthi, aaaah, great, i love it. the CZ, yeah! and even the mellotron.... it will be very usefull in my kind of music. love the sound, my samples (from synths, or from loops, with synths and manipulated effects, or field recordings, re-edited, transformed, via all kinds of software i have) tend to sound lo-fi, although they are high quality..., but the way i treat them... not always of course.

but, i can wait for the sale of v8, i have 3 synths to discover... and with every step you take (aaaah), with a synth, opens new possibilities, that you also must learn to control.

but i like them!

i never install analog lab, maybe an oversight. or it works not within my workflow.
Congrats! Hope you have a great time with the new instruments. :tu: :phones: :party:

Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm Just this past summer they had a 50% off sale, so hopefully they will do that again this summer/2020:
If you recall, were the update prices also 50% off? Can't find this info on the mentioned page
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:26 pm
Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm Just this past summer they had a 50% off sale, so hopefully they will do that again this summer/2020:
If you recall, were the update prices also 50% off? Can't find this info on the mentioned page
The updates to the collection are 50% now but not the individual instruments. In summer it might be the reverse.

Obviously, if they release Collection 8 in summer, it will be full price.

If you already have a prior version of V-Collection, you get the most bang for your buck if you ignore the new releases until the upgrades are $99 (like now). You'll end up maybe 9 months behind the latest and greatest, but you can consistently upgrade for $99 once a year, around the same time, by waiting.

I upgraded last night: first impressions are that the CZ is what I hoped for (I dig CZ synthesis - like less sh*tty sounding DX-7-style FM), and Synthi is pretty neat, and the Melotron is incredibly disappointing if you already own M-Tron, but probably a nice addition if you don't. But I HATE, HATE, HATE their GUI's. So much tabbing, so much awkwardness, so much resizing, so much wasted space. I'm sorry Arturia, you get a D- in the GUI department from me. You have pretty GUI's that suck in terms of usability. If V-Collection 8 was a total redesign to try to get things on a single page and not look like the originals sitting in a room, with weird panels that pop in and out, I'd pony up the full $199 on day 1 just to have that!

Also, I really don't like most of the effects on the Arturia synths, and only a small selection of presets. I think the effects and the presets drowned in them are a big driver of the "Arturia sound" I hear. That said, it does seem like the newer synths sound pretty darn good in particular.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:48 pm If you already have a prior version of V-Collection, you get the most bang for your buck if you ignore the new releases until the upgrades are $99 (like now). You'll end up maybe 9 months behind the latest and greatest, but you can consistently upgrade for $99 once a year, around the same time, by waiting.
Alternatively, skip one version.

I have Collection 6 now and can upgrade to 7 (3 extra instruments) for 99 euro.
--> 33 euro per instrument 8)
OR skip collection 7, wait another 4-6 months and upgrade to 8 (3 extra instruments + probably 3 extra instruments) for 199 euro.
--> 33 euro per instrument 8)

OR :) for the very patient, wait yet another year for the sale on Collection 8 and upgrade to 8 for 99 euro.
--> 16 euro per instrument 8)

Too much math, brother... I just want to sequence some bells and mallets :hihi:

I’ll wait until they include Pigments.

Return to “Instruments”