ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

Yea when it works it just does and also loads up pretty fast. But sometimes (quite often) it doesn't respond at all. When that happens, it usually does again in a few minutes. And since I'm not the only one with issues, there could be something.

Maybe it happens when several people download their plugins at the same time.

Possible, though I think it may have something to do with which part of the world one is trying to access it from. Anyway it's not such a big deal as the installers are pretty small and don't take long to download when it does work.

Finally bought Reelbus4. Was waiting for a sale, but unfortunately no sale in last 12 months :)
In my opinion the best tape plugin when it comes to bass bump and high frequencies smoothing. You can change the ips and look at which speed the bass bump really adds something useful. Usually around 15 ips. It cuts a lot of highs, but with the EQ drive function you can bypass this partly.

Already had Hornet Tape which sounds nice, but is boosting high frequencies in all modes. Also Ozone 9 Vintage tape, but this bass bump is way too low for use in electronic music. Waves Kramer Tape also in my collection and is really nice sounding, however it won't load in Ozone 9 standalone application (no waves plugin will).
Last edited by Dark Fiber on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can't be the only one who wants to see a V4 compressor. We're on a roll with V4 otherwise.

DeathByGuitar wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:00 pm I can't be the only one who wants to see a V4 compressor. We're on a roll with V4 otherwise.
Hmmm, another compressor. Don't know...
What are you looking for in another compressor?
There are so much, even free compressors out there.

DeathByGuitar wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:00 pm I can't be the only one who wants to see a V4 compressor. We're on a roll with V4 otherwise.
Barricade v4 has an extremely flexible standalone compressor, just check the "Compressor" checkbox and uncheck the "Limiter" checkbox.

Yeah I have Barricade V4 and I think the comp in there is cool but I figured having the V3 compressor updated with a V4 scalable interface would be really nice. Sure there's a bajillion compressors on the market but that was true with EQ's before EQ4 was released and that thing is awesome.

TB Bus Compressor 3 is great. I just want more detailed documentation on all the features.

It is nice seeing the the compression curve visualized as you turn knobs in TB Bus Compressor 3, love those kind of compressor UIs.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:37 pm It's a decent compressor, but I wouldn't call it extremely flexible. It's actually pretty basic, with no highpass or mix control, pretty standard features on compressors nowadays.
The reason I do consider it extremely flexible is because of the input modeling section. You can get a much broader range of colors than an average compressor.

The compressor has a fixed release hold time and fixed hard knee. From that I'd suppose it is more designed for light transparent peak catching/leveling before the limiter and I wouldn't rely on it for general compression duties.

Bouroki wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:40 pm The compressor has a fixed release hold time and fixed hard knee. From that I'd suppose it is more designed for light transparent peak catching/leveling before the limiter and I wouldn't rely on it for general compression duties.
From the manual: "The compressor is a soft-knee compressor and therefore subtle compression can occur for peak levels below the threshold."

https://www.toneboosters.com/manuals/TB ... Manual.pdf

When combined with the various input models such as the hard clipper or soft clipper, you can do a lot.

The problem is Jeroen packs SO MUCH into the v4 plugins that it's easy to take stuff for granted or miss stuff. Like it took me a while to realize the compressor has TWO separate threshold sliders 😂 one for the input model and one for the compressor.

Return to “Effects”