Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1889 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 am

agharta wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:12 am
telecode wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 pm
If a SL 7 sales happens, it will be probably 50% off, so it will run you $75 for the upgrade. i don't recall if there was a intro deal for SL last year when steinberg started selling it.
if you get the SF13 deal, let us know if you get an activation code you need to use on Steinberg site.
SL6 via Magix is a Steinberg code that you register with Steinberg.
The regular upgrade price for SL Pro from the previous version is currently $100.
If you have a version that is 2 or more older the upgrade is a lot more.
Steinberg have only owned it for just over a year so no guarantee that they will upgrade it soon.
How often do they upgrade other products excluding Cubase?
when you got the code, was it a serial or a activation code you could sit on and wait until a new version comes out?

i agree with you. SL6 is too new. i think they is speculation about a new version just because of all the issues people are having with 6.

agharta
KVRian
669 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:09 am

telecode wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 am
when you got the code, was it a serial or a activation code you could sit on and wait until a new version comes out?

i agree with you. SL6 is too new. i think they is speculation about a new version just because of all the issues people are having with 6.
It's an 0240 Activation Code so is that type eligible for a grace period free upgrade?

With Magix offering a free upgrade to version 7 with some bundles, that does imply that a new version may be due soon!

User avatar
ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1826 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:12 am

Just noticed the £9.75 deal in plugin boutique for Phoenix Verb, I know it's old but that seems like a good deal for a "natural" sounding reveb, there seem to be less options for that kind of thing than the "effects" type of reverbs. I only have today to decide, are there other options other than convolution reverbs?

User avatar
ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1826 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 am

this is odd, from the No Chat thread
Ceej wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 am
UVI's "Synth Legacy" - 50 sampled/programmed vintage analog and digital synths for UVI Workstation or Falcon - $4.99!

Some of this content ended up in UVI's Synth Anthology, I believe, although I don't know that for sure.

Important note: Physical product, has to be shipped. Free shipping in the US, no idea about elsewhere.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... nth-legacy
When I click on it I get a Korg Triton page. When I search for UVI, I get the same page. Maybe it's because I'm in the UK?

Vleker
KVRist
309 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:19 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 am
this is odd, from the No Chat thread
Ceej wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 am
UVI's "Synth Legacy" - 50 sampled/programmed vintage analog and digital synths for UVI Workstation or Falcon - $4.99!

Some of this content ended up in UVI's Synth Anthology, I believe, although I don't know that for sure.

Important note: Physical product, has to be shipped. Free shipping in the US, no idea about elsewhere.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... nth-legacy
When I click on it I get a Korg Triton page. When I search for UVI, I get the same page. Maybe it's because I'm in the UK?
GuitarCenter and this site seem to be buggy from the EU for some reason.

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
1730 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 am

Vleker wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:19 am
ChamomileShark wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 am
this is odd, from the No Chat thread
Ceej wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 am
UVI's "Synth Legacy" - 50 sampled/programmed vintage analog and digital synths for UVI Workstation or Falcon - $4.99!

Some of this content ended up in UVI's Synth Anthology, I believe, although I don't know that for sure.

Important note: Physical product, has to be shipped. Free shipping in the US, no idea about elsewhere.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... nth-legacy
When I click on it I get a Korg Triton page. When I search for UVI, I get the same page. Maybe it's because I'm in the UK?
GuitarCenter and this site seem to be buggy from the EU for some reason.
I found the same deal at Guitar Center
https://www.guitarcenter.com/UVI/Synth-Legacy.gc
But, it isn't clear if this is downloadable or a shipped boxed product. Also some of the reviews say the serial numbers don't work.

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1889 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:13 am

agharta wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:09 am
telecode wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 am
when you got the code, was it a serial or a activation code you could sit on and wait until a new version comes out?

i agree with you. SL6 is too new. i think they is speculation about a new version just because of all the issues people are having with 6.
It's an 0240 Activation Code so is that type eligible for a grace period free upgrade?

With Magix offering a free upgrade to version 7 with some bundles, that does imply that a new version may be due soon!
i am not sure. i placed a query on Sten forums. is the email from Steinberg/Yamaha or Magix?

szurcio
KVRian
811 posts since 25 Nov, 2005

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:16 am

There is also FXpansion Strobe 2 for only $19.99 there:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... 8000000000

elxsound
KVRAF
6000 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 am

szurcio wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:16 am
There is also FXpansion Strobe 2 for only $19.99 there:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... 8000000000
:tu:

Nice one... Just purchased. This is still cheaper than the price to upgrade on musiciansfriend for Strobe 2.

medienhexer
KVRian
910 posts since 16 May, 2007 from At home. Good bye city ways!

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:29 am

scarlettsroom wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:10 pm
Hey for all the ones who did not know. Neural DSP is doing a flash sale of Parallax at 50% with code PARALLAX50.
Curse you! And thanks 😅
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

GoldieK
KVRist
120 posts since 30 Jul, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:51 am

adding to the Musicians Friend/Guitar Center list of sales, They have the boxed version of UVI Vintage Vault I (first version) for $99. I bought this same deal a number of years ago, an absolute steal if you don't own many UVI products.

agharta
KVRian
669 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:56 am

telecode wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:13 am
is the email from Steinberg/Yamaha or Magix?
When you buy direct from Magix you get a single email from them with all the serial numbers.
The iZotope stuff you register with iZotope.
Melodyne you register with Celemony.
SL6 you register with Steinberg.
The Magix stuff you register with Magix.

SL6 was released after Steinberg purchased it so Magix have never handled registration AFAIK.

Magix give you a Steinberg Serial No. so the only question is whether it's eligible for the Grace Period where Magix don't promise a free upgrade to SL7.
The only people who can definitely confirm that is Steinberg, so why not open a formal support request with them?
I doubt people on the Steinberg forums can confirm that unless they've asked the same question.
Go straight to the source if the info is that important to you.

Vleker
KVRist
309 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:08 am

Not sure if this is a good deal but for those interested Superior Drummer 2 for $99 (also shipped I guess)
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Toontrack/ ... mmer-20.gc
(Be aware you can't upgrade to 3)
Last edited by Vleker on Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrufino1
KVRist
171 posts since 18 Jul, 2003 from NJ

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 am

elxsound wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 am
szurcio wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:16 am
There is also FXpansion Strobe 2 for only $19.99 there:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... 8000000000
:tu:

Nice one... Just purchased. This is still cheaper than the price to upgrade on musiciansfriend for Strobe 2.
Wow, it’s 79.00 for the upgrade to full on the roli site. I just ordered, had some musicians friend points so it wound up being $5. I guess they ship a box with a download code in it, but worth the wait for that price.

elxsound
KVRAF
6000 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:30 am

mrufino1 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 am
elxsound wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 am
szurcio wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:16 am
There is also FXpansion Strobe 2 for only $19.99 there:
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... 8000000000
:tu:

Nice one... Just purchased. This is still cheaper than the price to upgrade on musiciansfriend for Strobe 2.
Wow, it’s 79.00 for the upgrade to full on the roli site. I just ordered, had some musicians friend points so it wound up being $5. I guess they ship a box with a download code in it, but worth the wait for that price.
:dog: I forgot about using my points. I have until 7/11 to use my points. I have to order various cables and adapters, but they always seem to not have the specific ones I need. This would have been a perfect time to use them.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”