Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 am I'm guessing Plugin Alliance are in financial trouble. The sales this year have been uncharacteristically frequent compared to historical activity. Seems like they're desperately trying to maintain turnover. They wouldn't need to increase sales if people were buying. Looks like they realise their only recourse is to hope large numbers of deeply discounted sales will keep them afloat
I quit trying to understand / guess the business model behind Waves or PA's strategy a while ago

v1o wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:32 pm Even more saturated markets is the key challenge for the developers.

You either have to be a market leader (such as the Fabfilter), very innovative products (e.g. Sugarbytes), high-end (e.g. X )or low-cost, one man boutique company (e.g. Valhalla).

Otherwise you compete with the price.
Waves, Izotope and PA are high-end plugins - probably the best of the best in certain effect categories. But they still compete on price.
Well, both Waves and iZotope have (most likely) rather high fixed costs, but the product portfolio as a total aren't perhaps considered high-end (Waves once was, 1998-2008) . Both have some (3-5 % of the portfolio) high-end products in their portfolio, even some market leader products (such as the iZotope RX Pro). But the high fixed costs are the challenge, while the average price point is decreasing.

PA operates more as a dealer.

Of course there are different combinations of competitive edge with the companies, I just tried to point out some main trends in the markets.

El°HYM wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:17 am BOOM! 💥 Your $20 Voucher can be used AGAIN!

:party:
2 AM this morning my vision was getting blurry and I thought I should put off using the voucher until after I slept, but I forced myself to use it just in case this happened again.

Just noticed that De-Verb Plus is apparently free with voucher. Does it have any advantages over Rx 7's De-Reverb? What about Mo-Verb Plus in comparison with Neutron 3's transient shaper?

of course I held off on using my $20 voucher. oh well. looking to grab something outside of my essentials bundle.. I figure I can use my subscription stuff for the year in it seems like everything will go on sale again at some point. now to figure out how to use this bundle before they reset it again tomorrow..

SolarAxix wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:01 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:23 pm Freebies possible at Plugin Alliance. The code MEGA-SALE-20-OFF can be used once per account without minimum, so products for 20 bucks from the current sale are free.
Which ones are $20?
I got Dent 2 (using a second account) for free with the voucher. Awesome plugin!
Also, got Sandman Pro using for $10 with my main account.

Got 2 sibling freebies with them as well, so total 4 plugins for $10. Sweet!
If it wasn't clear to some, you can get 2x $10 plugins like the Lindell Audio 7X-500 73-style compressor and PEX-500 Pultec-style EQ for free with the coupon (or 4x $5 bx_tuner plugins :) ).

I'd use the $20 voucher now in case Dirk decides to reset the coupon so you can use it a second time.
And the coupon was reset...

I think there's a very high probability during these special week-long sales that when a voucher is sent for the sales event, it will get reset before the end of the sale. It's happened at least 4 times over the last year or so.

hotmitts wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 am I just love this quaint little idea that you should only stick to buying the plugins you need hahaha that's a good one
but, of course, we're all involved in a creative endeavor which is more likely to be rewarded when innovation happens. The tools to accelerate innovation may not be apparent but its what we seek. In that sense , who's to say what you need.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:25 pm
El°HYM wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:17 am BOOM! 💥 Your $20 Voucher can be used AGAIN!

:party:
2 AM this morning my vision was getting blurry and I thought I should put off using the voucher until after I slept, but I forced myself to use it just in case this happened again.

Just noticed that De-Verb Plus is apparently free with voucher. Does it have any advantages over Rx 7's De-Reverb? What about Mo-Verb Plus in comparison with Neutron 3's transient shaper?
I have successfully used NI's Transient Master (based on SLP's transient designer plus plugin) to tame reverb by turning the "sustain" to the left. So if you have a transient control plugin, you could try it and compare with De-Verb's demo.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:07 pm
hotmitts wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:49 am I just love this quaint little idea that you should only stick to buying the plugins you need hahaha that's a good one
but, of course, we're all involved in a creative endeavor which is more likely to be rewarded when innovation happens. The tools to accelerate innovation may not be apparent but its what we seek. In that sense , who's to say what you need.
On the whole..
We're mostly involved in producing amateurish shite. 😬
That's hopefully getting better 🤞😀

frackermak wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:55 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:07 pm
On the whole..
We're mostly involved in producing amateurish shite. 😬
That's hopefully getting better 🤞😀
Polishing our turds one cell at a time :hihi:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Someone needs to come out with the Bidet plugin.

Well at least it's easy to tell if it's a hit

Quick question... Which one: Bx_Oberhausen or DS Thorn?
I write mostly downtempo, LoFi and hip hop.
Last edited by simmo75 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DS Thorn does much more, but its a specific synth.
Oberhausen is a decent emu of Oberheim SEM.
They don't really compare imo.
i'd take Thorn in this shootout.

Yeah, I don't really think they compare either. Frankly, for me, Thorn is unfortunately one of those synth which catch virtual dust on my harddrive (TBH, it's not my cup of tea, sound and feature wise). Oberhausen on the other hand gets a lot of use here at the moment, simply because it sounds SO sweet. Which isn't at all helpful for you. :)

I'd demo both, and see which fits better in my arsenal. It seems like you have a very definite use case (downtempo, lo-fi and hop hop (whatever that is...)).

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 pm Yeah, I don't really think they compare either. Frankly, for me, Thorn is unfortunately one of those synth which catch virtual dust on my harddrive (TBH, it's not my cup of tea, sound and feature wise). Oberhausen on the other hand gets a lot of use here at the moment, simply because it sounds SO sweet. Which isn't at all helpful for you. :)

I'd demo both, and see which fits better in my arsenal. It seems like you have a very definite use case (downtempo, lo-fi and hop hop (whatever that is...)).
Hop Hop is a favorite amongst me and my fellow dyslexic friends.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”