Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D

Thought it might have been a typo, but, you never know... I haven't paid much attention to the more recent musical genres. :)

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 pm :D

Thought it might have been a typo, but, you never know... I haven't paid much attention to the more recent musical genres. :)
I haven't either since that whippersnapper came along moving his pelvis in a suggestive manner, it's been all downhill since then
:clown:

Eclectus wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm Relab Development Summer Sale: Get 50% off reverb effect plugins

https://relabdevelopment.com/relab-store/
Hi,
there is no 50% off on their site. The plugins are reduced, yes, but not at 50%. That would have been great...
Where did you get that message?

paolostylo wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 pm
Eclectus wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm Relab Development Summer Sale: Get 50% off reverb effect plugins

https://relabdevelopment.com/relab-store/
Hi,
there is no 50% off on their site. The plugins are reduced, yes, but not at 50%. That would have been great...
Where did you get that message?
Yes its inaccurate, it should say UP TO 50%, only Goldplate is 50% off, the rest around 33%

monomox wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:21 pm

I haven't either since that whippersnapper came along moving his pelvis in a suggestive manner, it's been all downhill since then
Yeah it’s been a while since This Is America

Back on a toilet tip, mostly into plip plop

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm DS Thorn does much more, but its a specific synth.
Oberhausen is a decent emu of Oberheim SEM.
They don't really compare imo.
i'd take Thorn in this shootout.
I used to own an OB-1 (basically an SEM with a keyboard) and the sound was much rounder, softer, and overall more pleasant than Oberhausen. Actually, I find Oberhausen to be sort of the polar opposite of it. It sounds grating to me.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Hip Hop has been around since the late 70’s...
How old are you guys? ;)

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Hip Hop has been around since the late 70’s...
How old are you guys? ;)
Mentally, still stuck at 15 unfortunately

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

The new IRCAM Lab TS2 is now available as a free upgrade for all current TS owners. The download is available at the top of our page:

https://www.jrrshop.com/ircam-lab-ts

Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 pm

I used to own an OB-1 (basically an SEM with a keyboard) and the sound was much rounder, softer, and overall more pleasant than Oberhausen. Actually, I find Oberhausen to be sort of the polar opposite of it. It sounds grating to me.
oh, so PA strikes again. i'm trying to be less hateful of PA because some people accused me i'm biased

thanks for the insight

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm DS Thorn does much more, but its a specific synth.
I never heard or played a real SEM in person, so I have to take your word for it. I think Oberhausen sounds fantastic, and very Oberheim-ish, but, hey... maybe I'm wrong. :) Does it matter when it sounds fantastic to me? I don't think so.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:56 am
I never heard or played a real SEM in person, so I have to take your word for it. I think Oberhausen sounds fantastic, and very Oberheim-ish, but, hey... maybe I'm wrong. :) Does it matter when it sounds fantastic to me? I don't think so.
In the Nineties I worked with a Roland Jupiter-8, a Juno-106, an SH-101, a TR-808/909 and a few others from Roland.
There was no Oberheim in our Studio but what I try to say is that the emulations,
especially from Arturia or Roland Cloud sound very - no - extreme similar!
What I want to say is what you already stated: "Does it matter when it sounds fantastic to me?"
I would say: No, it doesn't! :) :tu:
The most important thing is actually that you like the sound and that this sound fits into your work.

Oh dear, i hope i'm not going to start another discussion if plugins sound like real hardware...
Nooooo, please don't start a discussion!!! :phones:

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:05 am The new IRCAM Lab TS2 is now available as a free upgrade for all current TS owners. The download is available at the top of our page:

Looks amazing - wonder how it compares to RX and Audition (which I have)?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:16 am
Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:05 am The new IRCAM Lab TS2 is now available as a free upgrade for all current TS owners. The download is available at the top of our page:

Looks amazing - wonder how it compares to RX and Audition (which I have)?
I doubt there's something in it which is not covered by RX.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”