Stutter Edit 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RichN wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:46 am
gondii wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:55 pm FYI you can get the upgrade at JRR Shop for $66 with coupon code "GROUP".

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-stutter-edit-upgrade
I get the message not available in my country. :(

Maybe it's time to move to the USA. :hihi:
Interesting, I never had problems with JRR in Germany. But I didn't get this upgrade (yet).

is there no midi automation, for example dry wet and activate the single effects ?

Are any controls automatable now? Or is it like V1 where nothing at all except the master filter was automatable? I'll try the demo when I get some time but was curious.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:54 pm Are any controls automatable now? Or is it like V1 where nothing at all except the master filter was automatable? I'll try the demo when I get some time but was curious.
Looks like automation is the same as in V1: mater filter, bypass and wet are all that seem to be automatable.

These parameters are not supposed to be automated by your DAW, but by internals synced envelopes. Sorry, you're using Stutter Edit wrong.

If you just want to automate a delay or bitcrusher, drop any simple delay or bitcrusher VST...
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:48 pm These parameters are not supposed to be automated by your DAW, but by internals synced envelopes. Sorry, you're using Stutter Edit wrong.

If you just want to automate a delay or bitcrusher, drop any simple delay or bitcrusher VST...
That's my feeling as well - I was just answering the question.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:48 pm These parameters are not supposed to be automated by your DAW, but by internals synced envelopes. Sorry, you're using Stutter Edit wrong.

If it's not possible to automate the parameters and only possible to modulate internally, then how would anyone be using it wrong?

But anyways, aside from those parameters that are meant to be modulated internally, there are plenty of parameters that would be nice to be able to adjust through remote control hardware knobs.

W23 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:17 pm I can’t help but wonder if BT actually uses his product, or if he still slices samples by hand in Logic. I also heard BT has paid help to do the grunt work under his direction, but that was in the early-to-mid 00’s. I’m not so sure if his projects are that well funded anymore, what with all of the belt-tightening in the entertainment industry.

Not only has BT used this plugin in nearly all of his tracks dating back to the mid 2000s, but the reason he made it in the first place was that he had been doing stutters by hand for years and he wanted to make software to automate the process. I assure you, anything you could do by cutting up audio by hand you could do with the right Stutter Edit patch.

Regarding BT using "paid help", he did hire up and coming producers as interns so that he could show them the ropes and give them a head start in their career, 2 notable producers who got their start this way are Au5 and Porter Robinson. Every single contribution those people made to his music is credited in detail in the liner notes of his albums. He stopped doing this because it blew up in his face, interns of his would claim to be ghost producers and some even stole from him and harassed some of his friends.

All in all it's a nice update :tu: UI design is a bit over the top ... I like dark themes, but this is a bit to dark for my taste :? I'm playing around with the demo for one hour now and i'm getting used to the new UI, so i will definitly buy the upgrade. 79 Dollars is a bit steep for a product that was frequently on sale for less than 50 dollars, but it's still okay.

Does somebody have experiences with their customer support? Are they responsive? Would it make sense to suggest some alternative colour schemes?

Am I missing something or are all the dotted and triplet options gone? Otherwise this is a pretty good update.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 pm Am I missing something or are all the dotted and triplet options gone? Otherwise this is a pretty good update.
Yes. They are available in detailed view if you click on something.
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:45 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 pm Am I missing something or are all the dotted and triplet options gone? Otherwise this is a pretty good update.
Yes. They are available in detailed view if you click on something.
cool. Thank you very much.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

audiot wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:14 pm Does somebody have experiences with their customer support? Are they responsive? Would it make sense to suggest some alternative colour schemes?
:wink: :( :lol: :x :cry: :roll: :dog: :borg:

audiot wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:14 pm All in all it's a nice update :tu: UI design is a bit over the top ... I like dark themes, but this is a bit to dark for my taste :? I'm playing around with the demo for one hour now and i'm getting used to the new UI, so i will definitly buy the upgrade. 79 Dollars is a bit steep for a product that was frequently on sale for less than 50 dollars, but it's still okay.

Does somebody have experiences with their customer support? Are they responsive? Would it make sense to suggest some alternative colour schemes?
Izotope's shtick is to push out new versions regularly, to convince you to upgrade. They have a record of abandoning (i.e., never putting any further development into) excellent software (like Iris). Rather simple things like making oversampling in Trash 2 a permanent setting (as opposed to having to navigate to the settings menu every time you call up the plugin) are never addressed. To be fair, their products are really stable (I've never had any problems with them), but as for adding value and listening to customer suggestions... not bloody likely.

Return to “Effects”