Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 pm
randomtestsubject wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm
Uncle E wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:08 pm
randomtestsubject wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:08 pm And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is my first post, after two years. :party:
Welcome! :clap:
Thanks! :D
elxsound wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:22 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:43 pm Looks to me as if this only works when you buy the full version of Cubase Artist (no upgrade for an existing Cubase).
But have you guys actually clicked on the links in your accounts?

Even If you choose to upgrade to artist, the version that appears is Cubase Pro.
Yes, but mine doesn't, sadly. I bought the Elements to Artist upgrade from Sweetwater this morning. That worked fine but no sign of Pro anywhere on my account or licenses. I contacted support and the person I talked to said the Artist to Pro was only for full Artist. Can't speak for Steinberg, but that's just my experience. Personally I feel that if they say "All Cubase Artist versions" it should actually mean all Cubase Artist versions. That's just me though. :shrug: At the very least they should probably change the wording on their site to be more clear and consistent.
Ah, I see... Yeah on their site, there's no other option except Cubase Pro, which seems to fall in line with their wording (along with your interpretation - mine too), so that's strange they won't honor it.
I told the person I felt like they should, and they said they would pass it along. I'm not holding my breath that they will though. :ud:

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 pm The IK Multimedia deal worked for me. In my account from them, the following are also listed as downloadable, with licenses:

T-RackS 5 Custom Shop
Syntronik Free
AmpliTube Custom Shop
SampleTank 4 CS

Are these worth installing? Or are the teasers?
3rd time trying to reply to this

Roughly one month ago ,I picked up the Producer Bundle special from MF that included T Racks 3 Deluxe and Amplitude Metal. After going thru installations I found additional products in my IK account and set out installing. (The rest of this story is my fault because I've learned this lesson before but forgot). I wasted an entire Sunday afternoon trying to get IK products before I realized they just useless demos, not clearly marked that required massive downloads and weeding thru deceptive menus before seeing you only have one or two presets.

I will never buy an IK product again

..their practice if forcing a customer to download the entire product line to get one plugin is beyond crazy. I know you can subsequently delete the bs that is useless but making me get it; without a clear disclaimer is lame.
as far as i know, you can't even get rid of it all. i tried asking about this a couple of pages ago, but was ignored.

IK leaves an ~1.3GB folder (at least with T-RackS 5) that a plugin married to that bundle needs to operate. there has to be a way to make this user friendly. it's incredible that they expect you to jump into the ecosystem even if you just want to tip your toe first.

Insanelysane wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:08 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm
chaos318 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 pm Save 40% on Cubase 10.5 and upgrades:
https://new.steinberg.net/promotion/?et ... sub=Cubase

neat... I can upgrade my 7.5 license to cubase 10.5 for 120€ or nuendo 10 for 240€.

hm hm. should I?
Buy it now and hold on to it until 11 comes out. You will get a free upgrade to 11 then.
I have in the past seen people say this can be done, just to confirm we are talking about upgrade not full version purchase and it will update to latest version (11 when it is released at end of year or shortly after) even though the purchase says 'upgrade to 10.5'?
Has someone done this successfully in the past?
Yes. You buy the update to 10.5 but don't register it until 11 comes out and it will give you an automatic update to 11. I've done this 3 times. And will do it again. You give up an immediate update for the update to the next full version.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:50 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 am I'd really like the Big Fish Audio Vintage bundle, but even $499 in a sale is a bit steep.
If it drops down below $300 at any point I'll grab it.
It's $400 on Time+Space website. If you can escape VAT using GBP and can write a discount request to Time+Space sales, this could be well within your reach (but just over $300): https://www.timespace.com/products/big- ... collection

I am still contemplating if I should get Vir2 VI.ONE for $53 or it will be a waste to spend this much on a 10+ year old library. :? :borg:
I dont often give up on vst's but I abandoned Vir2 VI years ago. For me ,everything in the Kontakt standard library was better and then I got my first Komplete bundle it was all over.
Thank you so much. I will just forget about it too then. The thing is I liked the concept of VI.ONE and was thinking if there is some newer package out now that has similar all-in-one instruments collection that could be helpful to start songs in different genres. That is, just use it to focus on creating ideas for all the main tracks quickly and replace the instruments later.

dzilizzi wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:16 am
Insanelysane wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:08 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm
chaos318 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 pm Save 40% on Cubase 10.5 and upgrades:
https://new.steinberg.net/promotion/?et ... sub=Cubase

neat... I can upgrade my 7.5 license to cubase 10.5 for 120€ or nuendo 10 for 240€.

hm hm. should I?
Buy it now and hold on to it until 11 comes out. You will get a free upgrade to 11 then.
I have in the past seen people say this can be done, just to confirm we are talking about upgrade not full version purchase and it will update to latest version (11 when it is released at end of year or shortly after) even though the purchase says 'upgrade to 10.5'?
Has someone done this successfully in the past?
Yes. You buy the update to 10.5 but don't register it until 11 comes out and it will give you an automatic update to 11. I've done this 3 times. And will do it again. You give up an immediate update for the update to the next full version.
Amazing! Thats super useful to know, thanks. One sneaky thought is - could one buy multiple upgrades at the discounted price it is now and use them in consecutive releases? Probably, why would you, probably not..?

The discounted upgrade price is available each year at least once, so why on Earth would you buy multiple times now?

e@rs wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:00 am The discounted upgrade price is available each year at least once, so why on Earth would you buy multiple times now?
True, there wouldnt need to be a good reason given stable obvious expectation.

Im entertaining how this works and here are a few scenarios that may have motivated me to buy a few licenses now:

I have the budget for multiples so I dont have to worry later. My wife will be cutting my spending soon as we buy our first house soon. I may be able to buy a few now and not 'worry' about that expense showing up later when things are tighter.

Also, the price at this price point is cheapest for me as I have version 10 so the upgrade is smaller margin. Entertain the idea that I upgrade 11 but dont upgrade 12 but choose to upgrade 13 it'd have saved the margin between 11 and 13 (cost increases with each version you are behind on). So buying a few at cheapest price now may mean I save a lot later. My gut is to say this cant be done though?

The upgrades are sold as "upgrade from version x" and it pulls the old licence from the dongle when upgrading.

Unless you've got multiple licences for Cubase, this does not look like a good idea.

Ok thanks for the info, that settles that.

So if we have Cubase 10.5 would it be a good idea to buy the update now to use when 11 comes out?...

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:50 pm So if we have Cubase 10.5 would it be a good idea to buy the update now to use when 11 comes out?...
:tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I bought last year cubase 10 and then after activating by grace period 10.5, right? Can i now buy the upgrade to 10.5 and wait for 11? two times grace in a row?

Yes I did the same bought the update will wait for 11 to pop before activating.
Have you tried Vital?

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 am The upgrades are sold as "upgrade from version x" and it pulls the old licence from the dongle when upgrading.

Unless you've got multiple licences for Cubase, this does not look like a good idea.
Unless things have changed, having a license for version X of Cubase enables you to use all prior versions (except perhaps very early versions like 3 SX and prior).
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:23 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 am The upgrades are sold as "upgrade from version x" and it pulls the old licence from the dongle when upgrading.

Unless things have changed, having a license for version X of Cubase enables you to use all prior versions (except perhaps very early versions like 3 SX and prior).
That's not the point I'm making. People are talking about applying updates in successive grace periods. But the licence updates after the first one so what's going to get updated on the second or third go-around?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”