SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Saukar30 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:21 pm I can confirm. Didnt have enough time to take pics or do illustrations to tech support but all the multis I load of Syntronik do indeed are broken in ST4
Was this Syntronik Full with the synth-looking GUIs or Syntronik Free like I’m testing?

This was Syntronik full
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

DarkStar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:27 pm I took "patch" to refer to one or more instruments loaded into ST4. That worked for OK for me. A Multi is just a collection of one or more instruments, maybe with parameters or FX changed. Editing any instrument is the same - on the Edit page.

Anyway, I did a bit more experimenting - it looks like it is only Syntronik instruments. Those from ST3, SampleMoog, Sonik Synth 2 were OK. Can you confirm?
It happens with my "ST4 Free" and "Syntronik Free" patches only. Some of the parameters with incorrect values are different, but on my system none of the content in SampleTank 4 CS / 4 Free / Syntronik Free recalls edits correctly, as illustrated below.

My "SampleTank 3 Free" / "ST3 Free" content is fine, so maybe it’s limited to XML data stored that pertains to the “new(Er) ST4 Edit Page”.

I discovered some additional graphical bugs during the course of this but I think I'll save those for a separate tech support report to keep the issue clear.

Please pass all your findings to IK Multimedia Technical Support.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yup, I emailed all of this to them.

lotus2035 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:40 am
Fleer wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:58 am
DrumAddict wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:46 am
Bombadil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm It would be nice to see the Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1, Sonic Synth folders separately.
this :tu:
+1
I'm adding my voice to the other requests for this. :party:

I bought SampleTank 4 SE mainly so that I could finally have a decent modern interface for my SampleTank 2 libraries. However, right now the SampleTank 3 interface serves me better as all the legacy libraries are listed properly by folder and by category as they should be.
This one big long preset list without folders or categories for ST2 sounds in ST4 is a real workflow killer and negates the reason I bought 4 SE at all. :dog:
I'll stick with 3 SE for now until a fix comes along if ever. :scared:
I agree with the folder thing too. But I would also like to add on top that there are some basic elements that exist in the same place, specifically with Syntronik. They’re not actually patches, they’re elements provided so you can layer and design your own sounds. They’re definitely usable, but I’d just like to see them in their own “folder structure too”, separate or patches.

Oh and I wish Syntronik would adopt the ST4 layout. Constantly being confronted by its browser and not the UI can get a bit counterproductive.

Hi, I made that post over a year ago, I have since found out that you can list the legacy libraries properly by folder and by category if you click on the little folder symbol on the top left and select "imported instruments" from the main list on the left. Not sure if that was there at the time of my post or added later. :party:

Edit: The solution was the next post after mine. :smack: :D

Yep this ^^^

The little folder icon is fairly hard to notice in the new ST4 interface if you don't know where to look. Click it and you get the instruments listed by folder.

Maybe they should add something to settings where you can set that as the default view?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Maybe, but the problems for me are the overall lack of contrast / dullness of the GUI and the time it takes to switch to the Folder view. As far as I can tell the complete folder hierarchy is built each time the Folder view is selected (ST3 rebuilt the folder hierarchy when you asked and saved it on disk). I have reported both issues to IK Multimedia.
Inspired by ...

Would an upgrade to ST4 Standard or MAX work at a later date if purchasing SE at the current sale price of £47.99 (or less with Points), i.e does it count as a product over £99 to qualify for the upgrade pricing for Standard or MAX even if i am only paying the sale price ?

I am pretty sure that a Qualifying Product is any one that has a normal list price of 99.99 or more.

Ah ha! Check out this thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=23945
Inspired by ...

Just get the free ST4 CS version and use with your existing ST3 libraries. Then step up to Standard or Max when they go on sale, when you are ready to add more sounds. Besides if you already own ST3 that probably would qualify for a crossgrade.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:36 pm Just get the free ST4 CS version and use with your existing ST3 libraries. Then step up to Standard or Max when they go on sale, when you are ready to add more sounds. Besides if you already own ST3 that probably would qualify for a crossgrade.
I do not have ST3.

DarkStar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:19 pm I am pretty sure that a Qualifying Product is any one that has a normal list price of 99.99 or more.

Ah ha! Check out this thread: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=23945
So would I be correct that if I bought CE at a discounted price and then upgraded to standard or MAX later id effectively be getting a greater discount on the upgrade as I would have paid less for CE ?

Hm, the IK eligibility page unfortunately does not refer to "normal list price" explicitly (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/):

"To qualify for a Crossgrade to another product, you must be registered with a paid version of another IK Multimedia product over $/€ 99 or higher."

This can theoretically and in my opinion also refer to the sale price if they can identify the sale price in some form (e.g., a special subset of sale serial numbers or similar). I'd consider it a gamble if IK does not confirm the upgrade possibility in written form somewhere or somebody how did buy SE for the current price confirms.

Return to “Instruments”