Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cclarry wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 pm Audio Assault Grind Machine II

For the next 36 hours get free Grind Machine with code: Sep15
https://www.audioassault.mx/grindmachine.php
Today is Independence Day in Mexico, where Audio Assault is located. Just FYI.

gondii wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm So I am paying 280€ over 6 months, have Ultimate now, 13 in October and a free 500gb SSD drive. Not bad.
Well NI don't allow users to use the drive for storage. If you overwrite it you won't be able to download the factory libraries.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:22 pm
gondii wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm So I am paying 280€ over 6 months, have Ultimate now, 13 in October and a free 500gb SSD drive. Not bad.
Well NI don't allow users to use the drive for storage. If you overwrite it you won't be able to download the factory libraries.
This isn't true, I'm using one right now as storage. Everything is registered with NI Access.

signed, sealed, delivered and registered 12U serial
BOOM!

Hink wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:10 pm
Ceej wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:50 am
Hink wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 am Also of course the no chat posts are history, no chat is no chat
Appears that was directed at my post and the follow-ups thereto, so I apologize.

@Hink, as a site admin, would you be able to sticky the new preset packs thread? And can you suggest how we should inform preset vendors of the new thread?
I can if it's decided to be so, we need to talk it over among the mods and Ben. I voted in that thread "I dont care"...fact is if the majority of the members want it I'm inclined to go with that but it's not my decision to make.

I will say I do have a concern, the Sell & Buy forum is a pita, look at my stickies about the 48 hour bump rule. They are up because no one likes to read the rules and we get tons of reports all the time on the bump rule as well as multiple threads. The point being I put two stickies and now no one reads the rules or my stickies.

I cant answer how to inform the vendors because the fact is people do not read the rules on forums in general, they assume the rules are what they expect them to be. The result will be myself and mods moving posts and sending out PMs a lot, especially at first. TBH I have no problem with that, it is what it is and if the majority of the members are wanting this I will advocate for this...please give us time to sort this some and please people use the poll thread, discuss it in one place so we can get a better grasp and I will prune the thread of further OT rants, attacks and such. :)
Hi Hink! Thank you so much for posting and offering to help settle things.

I have one elegant solution that would fix this for everyone I believe if possible:

Currently when someone is placed on the 'foe' list it still lists the post in the thread as coming from a 'foe' and still sends out an email (or other? SMS?) notification interrupting the day of the person who already stated they never wanted to hear from a particular vendor or member. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Is it possible to have any foe list posts not send out alerts? I think if someone were on your foe list you'd not want to be notified they'd posted something to the NO CHAT thread especially and also the gossip thread as well. If this is a global setting that'd be perfect actually. Then we wouldn't really need a separate thread for the preset vendors or any particular group that was perceived as abusing the forum.

Or if this is a setting in our user area or can be added there please let us know. That'd be optimal. Then each user could ignore to their individual heart's content.

To me that's the cleanest solution. Let the tech do the work. That way the mods don't have to do any extra work either. Those who want everything as it is would be happy. And those of us who put someone on 'foe' (wished it were called something else. Like 'ignore' list.) would never see a single thing from that person/vendor ever again. Not an alert. Not even a blank post saying 'from member x on your foe list'.

If not, then the separate thread is probably the next best thing. Otherwise it'll take a lot of time for the mods to police things even more. Perhaps KVR can get a programmer for whatever forum software you guys use (phpBB) for this to do a mod that'd enable this. Let's automate it instead of a manual solution that wastes more pages to this topic like I'm doing here. I'm so ready to not have to discuss this or see it brought up again.

Thanks so much for your helping us reduce pain and struggle.

Edit: You may also be able to get that programmer to figure out an automated solution to the 48 hour bump rule so it can't be abused.

Edit 2: It seems someone out there was already thinking like me. Found this mod for phpBB here:https://github.com/jimdominic/phpbb-hide-foes
"phpBB extension that hides posts made by users on your "Foes" list

Users will have an option under the Board Preferences > Edit Display Options tab to "Wish foe posts into the Cornfield"

Maybe have KVR get a programmer to test this mod out and get it into production. :)
Last edited by Rational on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm a bit late to the NI update deals... Does it work if you already own K12?
I have the K12 U version already registered, how would it work if I buy another K12U and add it to my account?

simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 am I'm a bit late to the NI update deals... Does it work if you already own K12?
I have the K12 U version already registered, how would it work if I buy another K12U and add it to my account?
Do you only have that or do you have older versions also?
If so, one option is to purchase the Ultimate Collector Upgrade and register that as at half price it's not much more.
Then you can sell your K12U Upgrade/Update.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 am I'm a bit late to the NI update deals... Does it work if you already own K12?
You would have one K12U license (which you could sell) and one K13U license.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 pm
v1o wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:22 pm
This isn't true, I'm using one right now as storage. Everything is registered with NI Access.
The included USB 2.0 hard disk can only be used to install KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) on your system. It is not possible to play sample content directly from this hard disk, or to run applications other than the installation program.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ary-Drive-
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

They're just warning you that you still have to install the plugins onto your system, and you can't run them "live" from the disk. But it's still perfectly usable as a storage device. I use mine for keeping downloaded installers from other manufacturers.

FYI on my Kontakt 12 HDD (I wasn't lucky enough to get an SSD), they had partitioned it so that it was exactly big enough to hold the Komplete content and appeared full. But I was able to create a second partition on the remaining space for storage - several hundred gigs as I recall.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

quietzone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?
If it was a freebie I'd say no, though izotope freebie serials are not different to retail ones from what I've seen. Like the current trash2 PB freebie looks like a regular retail one, with no mention of NFR on the serial. Definitely worth registering it and reaching out to support for grace period. izotope support is friendly and competent, and may grant the update for free.
I gave mine away as well, so I don’t know either. But last time it was just automatic: on entering the code it just became the current version.

It is certainly well within the grace periods they’ve offered in the past, but they didn’t mention one this time :shrug:

zacha wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:36 am
quietzone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 pm
revvy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:42 pm Did anyone find out if an RX Elements 7 license that's not been activated yet magically converts into an Elements 8 license?
If it was a freebie I'd say no, though izotope freebie serials are not different to retail ones from what I've seen. Like the current trash2 PB freebie looks like a regular retail one, with no mention of NFR on the serial. Definitely worth registering it and reaching out to support for grace period. izotope support is friendly and competent, and may grant the update for free.
I gave mine away as well, so I don’t know either. But last time it was just automatic: on entering the code it just became the current version.

It is certainly well within the grace periods they’ve offered in the past, but they didn’t mention one this time :shrug:
OK, here goes then...

ALL: anyone need RX7 Elements for free (possibly it'll grant you access to ver 8, I don't know) and always assuming that you only need the unused serial number I have (I won't be giving out my full name, email address or suchlike)? EDIT: gone

I'll edit this post if/when it goes.

EDIT: license gone
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

all this hoo haa about presets in the bargain thread, and a new thread being created...
obviously the 'presets' line is drawn at Kontakt presets and sample libraries?...
are we gonna make a "Kontakt and Sample Bargains" thread?
How do presets get pushed into a new thread and samples stay?
At least presets are for plugins.

sqigls wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:21 am all this hoo haa about presets in the bargain thread, and a new thread being created...
obviously the 'presets' line is drawn at Kontakt presets and sample libraries?...
are we gonna make a "Kontakt and Sample Bargains" thread?
How do presets get pushed into a new thread and samples stay?
At least presets are for plugins.
lol yeah I rather see a separate thread for sample libraries than presets. But all in all I rather just see them all in once thread.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I'm hesitant to use the "foe" feature cos I might miss out on some random awesome bargain somewhere :P

now THAT kids - is GAS

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”