/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anthology XI Endless Series H9 Series: Blackhole Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscopes

Kazi7 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:21 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:51 am
Kazi7 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:48 am Modnetic (Roland Space Echo emulation)
Is it really? It sounds nothing like Audiothing Outer Space which is a Space Echo emulation.
Yep, it very apparently is. It has all the Space Echo controls and features + additional stuff. Outer Space might be visually closer to the original layout, but that has nothing to do with the sonic characteristics (not saying Outer Space is or isn't authentic).

Modnetic "sounds nothing like Outer Space" - aside from the subjectivity of that statement, it's not supposed to sound like Outer Space, but it's supposed to sound similar to a Roland Space Echo (Modnetic to me seems more like a modernized Space Echo on steroids, rather than a boring emulation of 50 years old obsolete analog technology).
Don't get me wrong, i love Modnetic (& Diffuse). I just bought Outer Space recently, thinking "it sounds great and it sounds like nothing i have already". One thing i noticed about Modnetic is its reverb is very very dark. But i've given Modnetic and Diffuse plenty of use, i use a lot of delays.

Black Rooster (maybe some of the best Pultec emulation).
Both, VEQ-1P & VEQ-5 for 24€. Or the "All bundle" for 90€
https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/landin ... friday2020

Softube Pultec Tube-Tech: 89€ (cheaper as with most/all resellers)
Black Friday Sale 99€ - 10% extra with code BLACKWEEKEXTRA
https://www.softube.com/eq-collection

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 pm
Don't get me wrong, i love Modnetic (& Diffuse). I just bought Outer Space recently, thinking "it sounds great and it sounds like nothing i have already". One thing i noticed about Modnetic is its reverb is very very dark. But i've given Modnetic and Diffuse plenty of use, i use a lot of delays.
No problem. I'm not too emotionally involved since I have no relations to either the Surreal Machine or Audiothing guys. It might be that the impulse responses Modnetic uses for the spring reverb part might tilt more towards that 'dark' quality? This will of course make a difference in the overall sound, though I could not say with confidence what reverb characteristic would be the most authentic one if you were strictly going for that Space Echo sound. Or maybe it's just the overall colour scheme / UI of Surreal Machine plugins, which might unconsciously affect your perception or conscious interpretation of it's sound? That's not unheard of.

Waves have the lamest BF sale so far... higher full prices for the plugins and usual, and then a 60% off sale, which doesn't exceed anything I haven't seen regularly before already. Meh.

I usually don't rant about Waves, but, I definitely expect a bit more from a BF sale. Anyway, there's nothing I particularly have an eye on from Waves anyway.

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:46 am
SneakyBeats wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:31 am
schmerzschlag wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:55 pm Or something mindblowing for the kids for 10 Euro.
:dog: :lol:
Yeah, dream on. :P
Actually I found Polygon2 for me for 10€ :D

legendCNCD wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:31 pm I'm shaking here with pee pee in my hand just because Kush has dropped all physical iLok's from their products >:D
Here, fixed it for you :D

Kinh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:34 am Soundtoys. Obvious choice. The effect rack is well worth it.
It's ideal if you wanna give your sounds more bite. I would highly recommend.
I was going to go for this but its on for $129 - im sure it was $99 a month ago??!

Only thing I have been waiting for was Soothe 2. But not sure if I really need it so I thought that my maximum would be 100e. Now it is 139e. Hmm, push me over it? :)

https://oeksound.com/plugins/#content

plexuss wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:10 am I'm being picky this year. Here's what I've acquired thus far:
Boz El Clapo
Do you like it ? Was thinking of getting it just for fun.
More BPM please

after careful deliberation I bought Boz El Clapo and Manic Compressor. El Clapo is something i need from time to time, while Manic Compressor has a great and quick workflow for parallel compression, which i use surprisingly often these days.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Mac Hine wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:21 pm Only thing I have been waiting for was Soothe 2. But not sure if I really need it so I thought that my maximum would be 100e. Now it is 139e. Hmm, push me over it? :)

https://oeksound.com/plugins/#content
I've been thinking the same thing, but I'm not getting it. I am bracing myself for another year of reading about how magical Soothe is and wondering. I'll just go with what I got.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

dionenoid wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:31 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:10 am I'm being picky this year. Here's what I've acquired thus far:
Boz El Clapo
Do you like it ? Was thinking of getting it just for fun.
From the video on Boz's site - @ ~1:30 "it's never been easier to give yourself the clap" Almost worth a buy for the joke. :D (at least, I hope he's joking...)

There are a couple of examples on the site too. Definitely more in the realistic hand clap category than AudioThing's HandClapper, or uTonic's clap envelope shaper (both do great synthetic style claps though).

Edit: Incidentally, HandClapper is on sale for 12.50 Eur at AudioThing right now.
Last edited by neverbeeninariot on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Only one thing for me, soothe update. Don't need any more of the regular plugins. And I had to purchase a new freezer. Nothing more boring to waste money on but what to do? :cry:
Last edited by Daimonicon on Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*edit/quote fark up

Daimonicon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:25 pm ... And I had to purchase a new freezer. ...
How does it sound?

Return to “Effects”