donkeyt - Superspreader- indie rokkkk.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hell yes. You are a Yorkist Robert Pollard. Likey.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Great opening groove and riff...good musical flow!

Vocals work well with the style.

Great 'rise and fall' throughout....enjoyed it!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 pm DT, sorry I took so long to get to this, especially since I love listening to your stuff.

Anyway, right from the get go, love the bass playing. Is that a real bass? I know you play guitar but didn't know you played bass.

The song itself is so well written. I can honestly say I enjoyed every second of it. And you really mixed up the arrangement nicely. I would love to study the project file for this song. I think it would give me some insight into creating a truly interesting arrangement.

What else can I say? 5 out of 5 stars.

You really need to post more often. Or maybe not. Maybe it's because you don't crank things out like an assembly line that your stuff is so good.

There is a lesson there somewhere.
Cheers Wags. Yes I do play bass, it's a simplified 4 string version of guitar, no better than a ukulele, for idio.... if you play guitar you can play bass, up to a point, certainly well enough to do stuff like this. This is of course my Bass 6 (in fiesta Red) - short scale bass with 6 strings, tuned the same as a guitar (E to E rather than having a low B) but an octave lower. Marvellous machine, very nice colour.

As you know, I'm never precious about stuff and don't mind sending you the project file. As everything but the drums is an audio file though, probably would make more sense to do it as rendered audio files (or 'stems', as I believe the young people call them)? That way missing plug-ins in common won't make it sound like some weird acid skiffle, and it might be of some use. Let me know.

Hehe, I probably write just as much as you do, but because I like to spend a long time polishing the turds, I try and only record the ones I think are worth the investment of time- doesn't always work..!

I think where the bass stands out are the best bits.

lotta moves in this number. the dodgier bits were also the more attractive here

operandx wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:59 pm Hell yes. You are a Yorkist Robert Pollard. Likey.
I'll take that, apart from that I'm a (32 years admittedly... :lol: ) expat Lancastrian. Cheers!

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:47 pm Great opening groove and riff...good musical flow!

Vocals work well with the style.

Great 'rise and fall' throughout....enjoyed it!
Thank you sir!

jancivil wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:19 pm I think where the bass stands out are the best bits.

I was thinking yesterday as well that I could make more of the bass. I think there's scope without changing the basic arrangement to cut some more guitar parts to play on this a bit more, and also increase the contrast in sections. I shall have a mess about.

Cheers!

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:22 am
vurt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:32 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:31 pm dodgy! :hihi:
Metaphor, my dear boy. It's obviously about people who talk bollocks/spread rumours etc, not an epidemiological treatise. :hihi:
:lol: i meant the band!
sounded like one of theirs in some parts!
was a bit of kasabian, with the more rock! bits too.
:lol:

If you would just use the capital letters to denote a definite article now and again..
but then we wouldn't have these beautiful moments :D

donkey tugger wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:04 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 pm DT, sorry I took so long to get to this, especially since I love listening to your stuff.

Anyway, right from the get go, love the bass playing. Is that a real bass? I know you play guitar but didn't know you played bass.

The song itself is so well written. I can honestly say I enjoyed every second of it. And you really mixed up the arrangement nicely. I would love to study the project file for this song. I think it would give me some insight into creating a truly interesting arrangement.

What else can I say? 5 out of 5 stars.

You really need to post more often. Or maybe not. Maybe it's because you don't crank things out like an assembly line that your stuff is so good.

There is a lesson there somewhere.
Cheers Wags. Yes I do play bass, it's a simplified 4 string version of guitar, no better than a ukulele, for idio.... if you play guitar you can play bass, up to a point, certainly well enough to do stuff like this. This is of course my Bass 6 (in fiesta Red) - short scale bass with 6 strings, tuned the same as a guitar (E to E rather than having a low B) but an octave lower. Marvellous machine, very nice colour.

As you know, I'm never precious about stuff and don't mind sending you the project file. As everything but the drums is an audio file though, probably would make more sense to do it as rendered audio files (or 'stems', as I believe the young people call them)? That way missing plug-ins in common won't make it sound like some weird acid skiffle, and it might be of some use. Let me know.

Hehe, I probably write just as much as you do, but because I like to spend a long time polishing the turds, I try and only record the ones I think are worth the investment of time- doesn't always work..!
Absolutely. If you could upload the audio stems to dropbox, I can load them into Cubase and see when stuff comes in and goes out. It'll be a great lesson for me. But please, no rush. Do it at your convenience. Don't want you knocking yourself out.

Polishing turds. Love it! :lol:

'[;po
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

But, but.. I'm in my 50s with dodgy knees when it gets cold.. :cry:

To try and be serious (flippancy is another thing that's got worse with age..) music isn't the 'all consuming passion' it was when I was younger, and whilst I do still hugely enjoy making it, and am gratified that some people like it, it's always going to be a bit more 'considered', and dare I say it, 'laid back', these days. I'll leave all that 'hearts on the sleeve' stuff to the young-uns now. :hihi:

As for playing live - far too stressful, and I don't think I could get to sleep in the back of a transit van any more.. :scared:

A thoroughly enjoyable listen! Nice work.

Great stuff as usual!

Nice one.
You're a talented guy.

Cheers All, much appreciated.

Done a few little tweaks to it (cut little bits of guitar to emphasise the bass in a couple of places, toned down some hi-hat sizzle) and reckon that will do it!

Return to “Music Cafe”