Looking for an alternative to Synthmaster One

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 ArcSyn SynthMaster One Vaporizer2 Vital

The best deal imho is Synthmaster, not one but the first rendition of synthmaster with the expansion bundle; and gives you like 6000 sounds or so for a couple hundred bucks or so. Go look into this; and these are approx. It sounds like Synthmaster one because its the same parts and pieces. Maybe you thought of this or it's been recommended.

I agree, and the ZDF filters in SM 2.9.9 are great! Especially like the State Variable filter, and the Diode Ladder with 'Boost' enabled.

For example try the SM factory preset 'SEQ Pop Born', and sweep the cutoff and resonance with one of these filters.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

twal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm The best deal imho is Synthmaster, not one but the first rendition of synthmaster with the expansion bundle; and gives you like 6000 sounds or so for a couple hundred bucks or so. Go look into this; and these are approx. It sounds like Synthmaster one because its the same parts and pieces. Maybe you thought of this or it's been recommended.
I have both SM 2.9.9 and SM One, and found myself using One more because of the more intuitive single tab interface, that's why i wanted an alternative for One.
SM is great but i hate dealing with tabbed interfacess it kills my creativity.

ferez21 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 am
twal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm The best deal imho is Synthmaster, not one but the first rendition of synthmaster with the expansion bundle; and gives you like 6000 sounds or so for a couple hundred bucks or so. Go look into this; and these are approx. It sounds like Synthmaster one because its the same parts and pieces. Maybe you thought of this or it's been recommended.
I have both SM 2.9.9 and SM One, and found myself using One more because of the more intuitive single tab interface, that's why i wanted an alternative for One.
I saw you tried changing DAWs to Bitwig, did that help?

biscuitdough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:10 pm
Im trying Studio One and Bitwig at the moment, I'm amazed by the sound design tools in Bitwig (and I don't even have the full version with the Grid yet), maybe I won't need any 3rd party synth if i decide to switch to Bitwig full time, but unfortunately it lacks in other aspects so that's a hard transition for me.
Have to mix and match the tools that work best with my ADHD :lol:

ferez21 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:17 pm
Im trying Studio One and Bitwig at the moment, I'm amazed by the sound design tools in Bitwig (and I don't even have the full version with the Grid yet), maybe I won't need any 3rd party synth if i decide to switch to Bitwig full time, but unfortunately it lacks in other aspects so that's a hard transition for me.
Did Synthmaster One crash in Bitwig and Studio One? If not, you could probably open a support ticket with FL.

biscuitdough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:52 pm
ferez21 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:17 pm
Did Synthmaster One crash in Bitwig and Studio One? If not, you could probably open a support ticket with FL.
To be honest i still haven't tried it in them, i was too busy learning their workflow and basics, and i did open a ticket with IL and KV331, and both had the same solution of reintalling everything, i did that but haven't used FL since i installed Bitwig and Studio One.

Vital has it's own sound, that i really like. of course it can use in other ways, but o well. i won't go that road (again).
great synth, and the pro version is quite cheap, bought it, just to support the developer. and some basic wavetables are always nice (although they are around everywhere).

Vast Dynamics Vaporizer 2 is mentioned several times, great synth, sounds great, a lot of routing options (a lot!), modulation, and not expensive. MPE, 5 x MSEG, 32 filters, did i mention the routing options? 4 wavetable oscillators...

o well. to each their own of course.

EDIT: what is the attraction of ANA, open question, looks like a great synth, will be a great synth, what does it offer, that other wavetable synths does not have?

WasteLand wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:06 pm EDIT: what is the attraction of ANA, open question, looks like a great synth, will be a great synth, what does it offer, that other wavetable synths does not have?
The single biggest feature is probably the Sonic Academy tutorials; as far as I know, it was created as a tie-in to that service, and an attempt to improve on the subject of their most popular videos at the time. (I don't remember what that was. Sylenth? I wasn't making music at the time.)

If we're just comparing it to Hive, it has more oscillators, sample playback, limited FM capabilities, and some filter types that are useful for certain kinds of sounds. There's a chord/arpeggiator system that people really like, but I'm not sure if it's substantially more powerful than what Hive can do. It's just a different workflow. Also, you get proper MSEGs (G-envs) but I'm personally not a fan of the design of the modulation system. Sometimes you choose things at the source, and other times, at the target. It feels a little bit like playing Dwarf Fortress. I might take that complaint to the devs, since they do seem to be very responsive and approachable.

A better point of comparison might be Vital, Serum, or DUNE. I'll leave that to other people, though.
I hate signatures too.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:31 pm
WasteLand wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:06 pm EDIT: what is the attraction of ANA, open question, looks like a great synth, will be a great synth, what does it offer, that other wavetable synths does not have?
The single biggest feature is probably the Sonic Academy tutorials; as far as I know, it was created as a tie-in to that service, and an attempt to improve on the subject of their most popular videos at the time. (I don't remember what that was. Sylenth? I wasn't making music at the time.)

If we're just comparing it to Hive, it has more oscillators, sample playback, limited FM capabilities, and some filter types that are useful for certain kinds of sounds. There's a chord/arpeggiator system that people really like, but I'm not sure if it's substantially more powerful than what Hive can do. It's just a different workflow. Also, you get proper MSEGs (G-envs) but I'm personally not a fan of the design of the modulation system. Sometimes you choose things at the source, and other times, at the target. It feels a little bit like playing Dwarf Fortress. I might take that complaint to the devs, since they do seem to be very responsive and approachable.

A better point of comparison might be Vital, Serum, or DUNE. I'll leave that to other people, though.
ok thanks! this gives some insight, what ANA brings.

My subjectibve opinion is that synthmaster's filters are better compared to ana.
I was several times on buy button, but every time i compare filters i give up.
But it's my taste,not a statement or to convince anybody to anything.
Right now my favorite filters with cool analog mojo are inside Icarus and Warlock,i am working
with them lately and getting addicted to that modern analogish sound.
Cheers :)

ferez21 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 pm Hi,
So I have recently purchased Synthmaster One, it is cheap, sounds good and I like it, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing my DAW every single day (FL Studio) and it's getting increasingly annoying and counterproductive to make music like that.

I'm looking for an alternative with the following attributes:
* relatively cheap
* relatively low CPU usage
* user friendly interface
* sounds at least as good as Synthmaster One does
* has visual representations of modulations (and drag-n-drop style modulation assignment, or anything that is more intuitive than just a matrix).
* optional: has some sort of wavetable capability

Thank you
Fix your computer first and than complain.
I have never, ever experienced crash on my computer, even running multiple instances of SynthMaster.
Hope it helps, if not, you know what they say: ignorance is bliss…
PS; you are trying to blame one of the most stable instruments, not happening dude

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:51 pm
ferez21 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 pm Hi,
So I have recently purchased Synthmaster One, it is cheap, sounds good and I like it, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing my DAW every single day (FL Studio) and it's getting increasingly annoying and counterproductive to make music like that.

I'm looking for an alternative with the following attributes:
* relatively cheap
* relatively low CPU usage
* user friendly interface
* sounds at least as good as Synthmaster One does
* has visual representations of modulations (and drag-n-drop style modulation assignment, or anything that is more intuitive than just a matrix).
* optional: has some sort of wavetable capability

Thank you
Fix your computer first and than complain.
I have never, ever experienced crash on my computer, even running multiple instances of SynthMaster.
Hope it helps, if not, you know what they say: ignorance is bliss…
PS; you are trying to blame one of the most stable instruments, not happening dude
Odd, did you see me blame anyone in my OP? Because I don't see it.
Please read it again and point me to where i placed blame on anyone.

I mentioned a fact, it crashes, and after the multiple things I've tried (i am not computer illiterate, trust me) , it still crashes, and i need a solution.

Yes you have - you are looking for “alternatives”, because SynthMaster on YOUR COMPUTER is crashing…
Sounds like you’re blaming it.
Anyway, Good luck finding “alternatives”
Over and out, can’t be bothered in pointless discussions

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:35 pm Yes you have - you are looking for “alternatives”, because SynthMaster on YOUR COMPUTER is crashing…
Sounds like you’re blaming it.
Anyway, Good luck finding “alternatives”
Over and out, can’t be bothered in pointless discussions
Go get some sleep mate, all the best

Return to “Instruments”