Looking for an alternative to Synthmaster One

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 ArcSyn SynthMaster One Vaporizer2 Vital

He had a point. It's probably something in your computer setup. SM runs good for lots of folks, but I understand you wanting to try something else that just works with your setup. Life is too short to be spent troubleshooting all the time. Make music!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm He had a point. It's probably something in your computer setup. SM runs good for lots of folks, but I understand you wanting to try something else that just works with your setup. Life is too short to be spent troubleshooting all the time. Make music!
While it does give the impression of being somewhat stable for most people, there are more than a handful of people that experience issues as well, different people run completely different hardware setups, and it's possible to have issues on some hardware combinations for example.

If after reinstalling Windows, reinstalling the DAW, and reinstalling the plugin it still crashes, that's already too much troubleshooting to do for the average user, and no one can blame the user of being frustrated by that.

ferez21 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:29 pm
zzz00m wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm He had a point. It's probably something in your computer setup. SM runs good for lots of folks, but I understand you wanting to try something else that just works with your setup. Life is too short to be spent troubleshooting all the time. Make music!
While it does give the impression of being somewhat stable for most people, there are more than a handful of people that experience issues as well, different people run completely different hardware setups, and it's possible to have issues on some hardware combinations for example.

If after reinstalling Windows, reinstalling the DAW, and reinstalling the plugin it still crashes, that's already too much troubleshooting to do for the average user, and no one can blame the user of being frustrated by that.
Agreed I have both SMs. It has been hit and miss over the years. they seem to be stable on my Reaper Win 7 machine but every now and then something pops up and they crash Reaper.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Looking through posts, I’m beginning to understand and see the bigger picture of this issue.
There are 100’s of Windows based PC’s, all with different hardware configurations and all suppose to run equally.
Unfortunately it’s not the case 🙁
What software will be “happy” to run on one system, it may bring it down to its knees on on other.
Im on Mac, so don’t experience any issues, due to the Apple “sandboxing”.
There is only one Apple - hardware and software, so no wonder it works 😉

There was a thread a while back which suggested that with a bit more polish, SynthMaster could run with the big boys. Bulent, the KV331 lead developer, apparently took offense at the suggestion that SM needed more polish.

But he keeps adding new features before the paint is dry, rather than squashing all of the little bugs, and focusing on some serious QA. A little more TLC wouldn't hurt a bit. The big boys usually polish their synths very well.

But in all fairness, it is a great synth for the money.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:45 pm There was a thread a while back which suggested that with a bit more polish, SynthMaster could run with the big boys. Bulent, the KV331 lead developer, apparently took offense at the suggestion that SM needed more polish.

But he keeps adding new features before the paint is dry, rather than squashing all of the little bugs, and focusing on some serious QA. A little more TLC wouldn't hurt a bit. The big boys usually polish their synths very well.

But in all fairness, it is a great synth for the money.
SynthMaster 2 is a great synth - very flexible - and the bottom line is that it sounds great...

I remember that thread where Bulent got offended because I was one of the offendees :)

Maybe it's because he's Turkish and he thought we were talking about the Polish and not the polish ?

Stranger things have been lost in translation...

I use only a handful of synths in my projects,but recently I bought ANA 2 and it has already found a place in that handful...

I'm still learning my way around ANA 2,but it's fairly easy to navigate,it's flexible and it sounds good...

Anyway... I'm a real sucker for wavetable synths...

So here's a heads up and a vote for ANA 2 :tu:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:34 am I remember that thread where Bulent got offended because I was one of the offendees :)

Maybe it's because he's Turkish and he thought we were talking about the Polish and not the polish ?
Odd. I mentioned that the GUI was cluttered and hard for me to follow and Bülent took it in stride. There were a few things cleaned up in the following updates, but I still find the GUI cluttered and hard to follow! :lol:

I love the sounds both 1 & 2 can make, but both GUIs frustrate me to no end and I don't like programming in them. To me, they are not intuitive, but maybe for others, they make perfect sense.

As for a replacement, I haven't tried it yet, but Warlock has everything right there in front of my face, no paging or tabbing required. So, it's on my shortlist for synths when I get a new MacBook with M1 in.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Update: I've switched to Bitwig and Poly Grid is probably going to be the only synth I'll ever need 😀
Nice information here though, i hope the suggestions here can help others too.

ferez21 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 pm Hi,
So I have recently purchased Synthmaster One, it is cheap, sounds good and I like it, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing my DAW every single day (FL Studio) and it's getting increasingly annoying and counterproductive to make music like that.
Hi there,

Developer responding here. Constant crashing is odd, do you have any steps that can reproduce this issue ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

ferez21 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 pm Update: I've switched to Bitwig and Poly Grid is probably going to be the only synth I'll ever need 😀
Nice information here though, i hope the suggestions here can help others too.
:tu:

Poly Grid is a joy to use!

Return to “Instruments”