NI go VST 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Null_Echo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 pm No scalable GUIs in this update
Ugh, the one thing I was really hoping for, honestly. It just baffles me...Kontakt has a scalable UI, but none of the plugins do. Baffling.
I'm probably wrong but I feel like these plugins have now a sharper-looking GUI (or it's just my imagination as I can't compare anymore), so maybe they redid it which means that maybe the next update will add resizing option.

pixel85 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:37 am
Null_Echo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 pm No scalable GUIs in this update
Ugh, the one thing I was really hoping for, honestly. It just baffles me...Kontakt has a scalable UI, but none of the plugins do. Baffling.
I'm probably wrong but I feel like these plugins have now a sharper-looking GUI (or it's just my imagination as I can't compare anymore), so maybe they redid it which means that maybe the next update will add resizing option.
Sounds promising and likely the next step.

I will update one or two and then try to do some comparisons with those that are not updated and Crush/Mod Pack (since they have scalable GUIs).

I noticed in the release notes they have added 'User Tracking' to all the VST3 updates...I wonder what that is?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

"Native Instruments introduces Usage Data Tracking technology which enables the NI application to automatically track Usage Data that you can choose to share with us.

We encourage all users to keep Data Tracking enabled as it provides a valuable tool for understanding the performance of Native Instruments applications as they are being used in actual situations."

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... /209545029

I'm still happy using VST2 in all of my projects, but it's good that NI are pushing out updates none the less!
Always Read the Manual!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 am I will update one or two and then try to do some comparisons with those that are not updated and Crush/Mod Pack (since they have scalable GUIs).
I hope they'll also add View Sizes to Replika XT.

Not sure if I'll start using the VST3 plugins or stick with VST2. It all depends on whether the VST3 plugins will give better performance in Maschine as that is my main VST host. Do the updates install new VST2 versions btw?

gExpectations wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:48 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:20 pm
gExpectations wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm You guys think they make the UIs scalable?
Their newer plugins have various UI sizes.
Yeah I know, I'm just trying to not buy stuff I wont use right now, so Komplete is like a double edged sword. It's ofc still the best value proposition but I mean, the highest value is the VST you use :hihi:.
Most DAWs - Live, Bitwig, Studio One, Cubase - will scale non DPI-aware plugins accordingly. They'll obviously be softer/blockier than native scaling, but on a 4K screen that's much less of an issue and they're usable.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:11 am
gExpectations wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm You guys think they make the UIs scalable?
Yeah I know, I'm just trying to not buy stuff I wont use right now, so Komplete is like a double edged sword. It's ofc still the best value proposition but I mean, the highest value is the VST you use :hihi:.
Most DAWs - Live, Bitwig, Studio One, Cubase - will scale non DPI-aware plugins accordingly. They'll obviously be softer/blockier than native scaling, but on a 4K screen that's much less of an issue and they're usable.
Studio One's scaling never really worked for me. Haven't tried BitWigs yet!

gExpectations wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:38 amStudio One's scaling never really worked for me.
Really? The only one I had issues with in Studio One was Loom2 from Air I believe. And I've a lot of plugins :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

SLiC wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:53 am I noticed in the release notes they have added 'User Tracking' to all the VST3 updates...I wonder what that is?
Metrics to record data about most used functions in their plugins. A.K.A. "they listen to their users".

I thought all their plugins had that anyway though. So, not something they added with the VST3. Also note that it is optional, so, you can turn it off, if you feel like they shouldn't listen to your wishes. ;)

Mick @ NI:

These 15 effects have been updated to VST3 and are now officially supported in macOS Big Sur and have Rosetta 2 support for the Apple M1 chips:

Solid Mix Series: Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamic, Solid EQ

Reverb Classics: RC 24, RC 48

Vintage Compressors: VC 160, VC 2A, VC 76

Premium Tube Series: Enhanced EQ, Passive EQ, Vari Comp

Driver

Supercharger, Supercharger GT

Transient Master

antic604 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:11 am
Yeah! And for those that don't or for stand-alone versions, just use a screen magnifier FFS. Really don't know what's the problem here - though I blame it on Apple and their retina-washing. This, and we seem to be living in the Age of Entitlement...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm
Mick @ NI:

These 15 effects have been updated to VST3 and are now officially supported in macOS Big Sur and have Rosetta 2 support for the Apple M1 chips:

Solid Mix Series: Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamic, Solid EQ

Reverb Classics: RC 24, RC 48

Vintage Compressors: VC 160, VC 2A, VC 76

Premium Tube Series: Enhanced EQ, Passive EQ, Vari Comp

Driver

Supercharger, Supercharger GT

Transient Master
Thanks. Looks like they drop some "safe" updates for the older plugins first, before doing the newer stuff. ;)

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:58 pm Thanks. Looks like they drop some "safe" updates for the older plugins first, before doing the newer stuff. ;)
Newer? Replika XT is 5 years old! :o :D

But maybe it's better to wait and see if there are issues with the first 15 VST3 plugins. :wink:

I consider 5 years old pretty new. ;)

Slow industry.

And, yep @ your second sentence. I'm pretty sure that's the point of that kind of roll out.

Return to “Effects”