DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:15 pm What's new:
https://youtu.be/X5XRjQEQ6pA
Looks cool!!! :clap: Will those Operators features remain Push-only, or are you planning to somehow add them to other devices where you implemented step sequencers? On one hand it would be fun to have them on Launchpad X. On the other, the script's s already pretty confusing as it is (not your fault, just a limitation of not havign any screen on Launchpads) ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:50 pm For mapping plugins to hardware you are stuck with 8 params afaik (there is scope for it being 9 but very few controllers support 9) but that is per page ('bank') so you can have as many pages of 8 params you need. In practice I find most plugins can be broken up into logical parts anyway (oscs, filters, envs etc) so this helps break down an interface to learn and control it. If you check my sig there is a repository I created of device panels for all the plugins I own and in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998&hilit=device

other users have also shared theirs so we have a library of device panels for most plugins already available.

If you want to use all your pots then I suppose you can create templates in it for individual plugins if they support that? (the advantage there would it would be host agnostic)
Judging by moss reply and these two threads:
viewtopic.php?f=268&t=542358&start=15
viewtopic.php?t=523504

There may be a glimmer of hope to make this possible, I really want to avoid having to page through 8 parameters at a time.. the dream is to be able to program most VST's using just the dials of the Cobalt as it's pretty well featured.

I just need to learn how code now, difficult to do when making music is more fun! :ud:

That collection of device panels looks great though! Thanks for sharing that :)

antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:35 am
moss wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:15 pm What's new:
https://youtu.be/X5XRjQEQ6pA
Looks cool!!! :clap: Will those Operators features remain Push-only, or are you planning to somehow add them to other devices where you implemented step sequencers? On one hand it would be fun to have them on Launchpad X. On the other, the script's s already pretty confusing as it is (not your fault, just a limitation of not havign any screen on Launchpads) ;) :D
I am not sure and currently too busy to think about it. Maybe ratcheting but definitively not all.
Feel free to make suggestions how it could work. Also with the Push I would like to add the fill on/off but still not sure what would be a good solution.

jean-marc@iniko.info wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:29 pm
zengel wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:55 pm I was about to put some bucks but i thought about just one thing . Is Moss ok with this ? I mean : Mr moss do you have control of the raising, do you confirm we can contribue on this leetchy account ? thanks .
Another thing . I really want to contribute . I know you say "i don't need money for the work i do" etc... And i find it incredibly generous but me as a user of your work i would really like to contribute . and i can contribute with money , then let people contribute this way if you agree ? thanks for your incredible work !
Hi,
As I said I raised this initiative on my own since no one was ready to do so. On the other hand as Jürgen Moßgraber said it in a previous post : he has no AKAÏ Force to build the plugin for bitwig, the poolmoney collected will be transferred to him directly in a way or another (cash or akai force bought on amazon).
I think all things are clear now.
Let me know if not.
Best
Jimi
I am not sure what to think about it. As much as I appreciate your activity I would have expected to be asked before using my name to raise a fund.
Furthermore, I know how the expectations of people rise if they only spent 1 penny on something. And I do not even know if it is possible to implement it without the documentation from Akai.
Just to be clear, I am not angry or anything I just don't want to waste my time on such things or even discuss about it.

escapednb wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:28 pm Ah i just found this thread and can stop bothering you on Facebook ;)

First a question to the others:
Does anyone have the Launchpad X and does Poly-Aftertouch work for you?
It doesn't for me. (In Bitwig)
Finally, got my Launchpad X with me again and I can reproduce it. Will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:45 pm
escapednb wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:28 pm Ah i just found this thread and can stop bothering you on Facebook ;)

First a question to the others:
Does anyone have the Launchpad X and does Poly-Aftertouch work for you?
It doesn't for me. (In Bitwig)
Finally, got my Launchpad X with me again and I can reproduce it. Will be fixed in the next update.
Yay, thanks and same issue here…

Does anybody know where the F098k this mythical template is for Machine MK3 and Bitwig, and why it seemingly has to be stored a million miles away from the extension, with no trail whatsoever leading the the source?

Hey Moss, quick question: the Shift button of the Maschine controllers now seems to be functional with DrivenByMoss, did they change it so that it can be used in MIDI mode?

Stamped Records wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:52 am Does anybody know where the F098k this mythical template is for Machine MK3 and Bitwig, and why it seemingly has to be stored a million miles away from the extension, with no trail whatsoever leading the the source?
In the Driven by Moss folder, there is a subfolder called resources. That's where you'll find it.

TVbene wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 pm Hey Moss, quick question: the Shift button of the Maschine controllers now seems to be functional with DrivenByMoss, did they change it so that it can be used in MIDI mode?
Yes, the Maschine Mk3 and Maschine+ send a system exclusive message when you press their Shift button. Sadly, not the other models.

Hello Moss,

I have a small request if it is not real hard to implement hopefully. The pad buttons back lights are really dimmed on my Novation SL MK3.

Is it possible to make them shine more bright? Or maybe controllable from the controller page inside Bitwig?

Thanks!

questionaire wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:57 am Hello Moss,

I have a small request if it is not real hard to implement hopefully. The pad buttons back lights are really dimmed on my Novation SL MK3.

Is it possible to make them shine more bright? Or maybe controllable from the controller page inside Bitwig?

Thanks!
Up to my knowledge that is as bright as it gets. Checked the manuals as well but couldn't spot anything.

DrivenByMoss 12.3 ist out!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Poly aftertouch did not work.
  • Maschine
    • New: Added support for Maschine Studio!
    • New: Shift+Mixer toggles the device panel.
    • New: Shift+Macro creates a new clip on the selected track and slot and starts playback (like Macro but without enabling overdub).
    • New: Improved simulator layout of Mk2.
    • Fixed: Rec+Group buttons did also execute the record action.
  • Push
Enjoy!

Hello,
I started using DrivenByMoss for Reaper with Push2 recently, I've been surprised to see how smart and useful it is!
Thank you for developing this, Moss!

BTW I have a question about playing MIDI.
I want to choose MIDI channels at will when I play the notes on Note Mode.
I think this can be achieved by selecting "Midi Insert/Edit channel" setting in Preferences, but
it seems that the Reaper track always receives the notes on MIDI channel 1 regardless of the Preferences setting value.
Am I wrong ?

I'm using DrivenByMoss v12.2.2

trigger303 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:11 pm Hello,
I started using DrivenByMoss for Reaper with Push2 recently, I've been surprised to see how smart and useful it is!
Thank you for developing this, Moss!

BTW I have a question about playing MIDI.
I want to choose MIDI channels at will when I play the notes on Note Mode.
I think this can be achieved by selecting "Midi Insert/Edit channel" setting in Preferences, but
it seems that the Reaper track always receives the notes on MIDI channel 1 regardless of the Preferences setting value.
Am I wrong ?

I'm using DrivenByMoss v12.2.2
That setting is only for entering sequencer notes. As a workaround you can change the MIDI channel either on the track settings in Bitwig or add a MIDI channel device on the track(s).

Return to “Controller Scripting”