DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:13 pm
trigger303 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:11 pm Hello,
I started using DrivenByMoss for Reaper with Push2 recently, I've been surprised to see how smart and useful it is!
Thank you for developing this, Moss!

BTW I have a question about playing MIDI.
I want to choose MIDI channels at will when I play the notes on Note Mode.
I think this can be achieved by selecting "Midi Insert/Edit channel" setting in Preferences, but
it seems that the Reaper track always receives the notes on MIDI channel 1 regardless of the Preferences setting value.
Am I wrong ?

I'm using DrivenByMoss v12.2.2
That setting is only for entering sequencer notes. As a workaround you can change the MIDI channel either on the track settings in Bitwig or add a MIDI channel device on the track(s).
Thank you Moss! I understand. I'll try workaround.

Hi, I'm using the generic flexi with an Akai MPK mini. Mainly I wanted to use the modes and map the rotaries to control track volumes, being able to switch to sets of 8 tracks. This somewhat works, but I'm having some issues. I've set a control to 'Modes: Item 1: Set Value'. When I use Relative (1-64 increments), the rotary only moves the volume in tiny amounts. If I then set 'Knob Sensitivity Default: +100' it is a bit better, but still requires a lot of knob turning. I tried the other knob modes and none work too well. One even makes both clockwise and counter-clockwise decrease the fader.

If I don't use modes and instead have Track: Track 1 Set Volume, it works better, but I have to set Relative (1-63 increments). The only problem is clockwise lowers the fader, and counter-clockwise raises it, and I'd like it opposite.

Ideally I'd like to use modes if I can get it working, to be able to switch to device modes, etc. But not sure how to fix the knob resolution issue.

Thanks.

Hi - I'm using KK Mk2S - When automating from the device parameter screen - All automation is type 'write' no read. My other controllers (including the Push 2 and Machine Jam do not have this issue - Would be nice to resolve. Thanks!

valankar wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:45 pm Hi, I'm using the generic flexi with an Akai MPK mini. Mainly I wanted to use the modes and map the rotaries to control track volumes, being able to switch to sets of 8 tracks. This somewhat works, but I'm having some issues. I've set a control to 'Modes: Item 1: Set Value'. When I use Relative (1-64 increments), the rotary only moves the volume in tiny amounts. If I then set 'Knob Sensitivity Default: +100' it is a bit better, but still requires a lot of knob turning. I tried the other knob modes and none work too well. One even makes both clockwise and counter-clockwise decrease the fader.

If I don't use modes and instead have Track: Track 1 Set Volume, it works better, but I have to set Relative (1-63 increments). The only problem is clockwise lowers the fader, and counter-clockwise raises it, and I'd like it opposite.

Ideally I'd like to use modes if I can get it working, to be able to switch to device modes, etc. But not sure how to fix the knob resolution issue.

Thanks.
I do not have that model but from looking at a picture of the device, aren't these absolute knobs?

Zola40 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:01 am Hi - I'm using KK Mk2S - When automating from the device parameter screen - All automation is type 'write' no read. My other controllers (including the Push 2 and Machine Jam do not have this issue - Would be nice to resolve. Thanks!
Could you please elaborate a bit more? I do not understand your issue.

moss wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:39 am
valankar wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:45 pm Hi, I'm using the generic flexi with an Akai MPK mini. Mainly I wanted to use the modes and map the rotaries to control track volumes, being able to switch to sets of 8 tracks. This somewhat works, but I'm having some issues. I've set a control to 'Modes: Item 1: Set Value'. When I use Relative (1-64 increments), the rotary only moves the volume in tiny amounts. If I then set 'Knob Sensitivity Default: +100' it is a bit better, but still requires a lot of knob turning. I tried the other knob modes and none work too well. One even makes both clockwise and counter-clockwise decrease the fader.

Thanks.
I do not have that model but from looking at a picture of the device, aren't these absolute knobs?
It can be set to absolute or relative with the Akai configuration program. I tried both.

Hello Moss,
Little problem with your last driver and generic flexi : I have an Arturia minilab mkii, but when I want to use the knobs to control the devices in Bitwig, they run very very very slowly, even if I put the knob sensivity to the maximum.

Everything was fine with your previous drivers. I've rechecked now with the 11 and it works fine but not with the 12.2 and 12.3. Any idea ?

2021-06-23_22-28-10.png
OSC is broken in Bitwig 4.0 beta 5
At least in my configuration @ DrivenByMoss-12.3.0-Bitwig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

artsense wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:32 pm OSC is broken in Bitwig 4.0 beta 5
At least in my configuration @ DrivenByMoss-12.3.0-Bitwig
Thanks for the info. I can reproduce that, too. I reported it to Bitwig.

I have a problem with my launchpad pro (original), Bitwig 3.3.10 an latest DrivenByMoss extension.
Most of the time it doesn't react when in fader or device mode. Some "faders" on the launchpad work, but some not. So if I push a pad it doesn't react...
I installed the latest firmware on the launchpad. Note mode work ok.

Hello. I've started using the Akai Fire and have run into an issue that I'm stuck on. In the Clip Launcher, after adding 4 clips to a track, trying to add a 5th using Alt+Rec throws an error "No empty slot in the current page. Please scroll down". As you can see in the attached image, I did scroll to the next "scene page" as indicated by the white outlines around the slots.

I'm still able to add clips with the mouse and record with over dub that way.

Thanks for any help on this! (and thanks for programming the Fire extension. Its a funky game changer)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Moss !
One question .
Is it possible to configure knobs of the push 2 to go faster or slower regarding the parameter it controls ? I need to go really slow to control one and it's already to fast . That would be cool to have the ability to control the speed of rotation of the push knobs . Like a sensitivity parameter for each parameters you want to control with a knob.
Thanks !

carlca wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:20 pm Has anyone used the Open Stage Control server together with a suitable web page that would provide an easy to use 4 x 4 drum pad to directly control Bitwig's Drum Machine device? Kind of an NI Maschine "on the cheap" kinda thing?
This might have what you're after :

https://github.com/kdejaeger/open-stage-control-bitwig

Doesn't the template on that Github page give you a drums section?

It looks like it should from the screentshots.

Moss has YT vids on OSC here :

https://youtu.be/GEH7k1kp5U8

Return to “Controller Scripting”