Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
imrae
KVRAF
1889 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:07 am

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:41 am
I dont get where people here are coming from at all regarding Komplete upgrades and their value. Do folks make music?

...snip...

How is this not amazing value? What am I missing from the comments I've seen such as "meh". Also my voucher got me Glaze for $25 , a very good vocal vst. I really want to know what I dont see that you folks see
Not everyone's music is primarily based on gigabytes of sample libraries and presets.

Scotty
KVRAF
2365 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:45 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:04 am
Why list things anyone can see in the NI’s site?
He makes his point. Enough so as to have me revisiting my own decision about upgrading. I was only looking at the flagship content and decided to take a pass but when listed this way in the context of this conversation the calculus changes for me.

Someone else (not you Harry I realize) took a shot at the poster regarding having music based on presets and gigabytes of sample data. There is nothing in the poster's comments that suggests he is limited to this style of production. In fact there is nothing inherently closed ended to using sample content or the NI catalog this way at all. Just an observation that I felt compelled to make as someone who has licences to a lot of content and only uses a very small fraction of it.

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
12771 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:34 am

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:41 am
How is this not amazing value? What am I missing from the comments I've seen such as "meh". Also my voucher got me Glaze for $25 , a very good vocal vst. I really want to know what I dont see that you folks see
Yes, you’re right. My comment wasn’t about the value of Komplete but about the Catch 22 it puts us in with regard to newer libraries.

jrides
KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 am

Uncle E wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:34 am
Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:41 am
How is this not amazing value? What am I missing from the comments I've seen such as "meh". Also my voucher got me Glaze for $25 , a very good vocal vst. I really want to know what I dont see that you folks see
Yes, you’re right. My comment wasn’t about the value of Komplete but about the Catch 22 it puts us in with regard to newer libraries.
So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
6397 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 am

3qO wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:15 am
Waves OneKnob Filter is free until July 26:
https://www.waves.com/account/oneknob-filter-free
Waves is at least since 12 hours in maintenance mode...

User avatar
Dirtgrain
KVRAF
2374 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 am

jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 am
So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.
If their pricing scheme seems reasonable to you, good for you.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

jrides
KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Dirtgrain wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 am
jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 am
So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.
If their pricing scheme seems reasonable to you, good for you.
Yes. They make a thing. Sell the thing. Nine months later come out with a new thing. List the new thing for sale. They do not give you the new thing that they spent research, development and other forms of overhead creating, for free.

I like this much better than the Melda productions scheme. They give you new plug-ins for free. However, God for bid you try to sell one of your licenses. The transfer fee is nothing short of extortion.

User avatar
Dirtgrain
KVRAF
2374 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:59 pm

jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm
Yes. They make a thing. Sell the thing. Nine months later come out with a new thing. List the new thing for sale. They do not give you the new thing that they spent research, development and other forms of overhead creating, for free.
It sounds like, no matter how much it costs, you wouldn't question the price. Good for you to be in such a place.

Who asked to be given anything? Straw man?
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

jrides
KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Dirtgrain wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:59 pm
jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm
Yes. They make a thing. Sell the thing. Nine months later come out with a new thing. List the new thing for sale. They do not give you the new thing that they spent research, development and other forms of overhead creating, for free.
It sounds like, no matter how much it costs, you wouldn't question the price. Good for you to be in such a place.

Who asked to be given anything? Straw man?
No matter the cost? There is a 100% off coupon for all native instruments software that you do not buy. Save 100% of the price. This coupon does not expire.

If I can’t afford it, I just don’t buy it. If there is a cheaper solution that is just as good, I bought that instead. These are luxury items, not medical devices. We don’t need any of this stuff lol.

If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.

Why does the thing that I want, but I don’t actually need cost so much? It should be a price that is attainable for me. Because… I want it though. :evil:

If this was electricity, water, gas, medicine or some other essential items and they were price gouging, my perspective would be different. These are toys… Essentially.


They do make an instrument that I want but not at their price. It’s cool. I just won’t buy it. It’s not a scam or some sort of evil business practice. I am not being oppressed, or taken advantage of, because I am too poor to drop that type of cash. I am not entitled to have this product at a better price, simply because I want it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

User avatar
Dirtgrain
KVRAF
2374 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:23 pm

jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm
No matter the cost? There is a 100% off coupon for all native instruments software that you do not buy. Save 100% of the price. This coupon does not expire.

If I can’t afford it, I just don’t buy it. If there is a cheaper solution that is just as good, I bought that instead. These are luxury items, not medical devices. We don’t need any of this stuff lol.

If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.

Why does the thing that I want, but I don’t actually need cost so much? It should be a price that is attainable for me. Because… I want it though. :evil:

If this was electricity, water, gas, medicine or some other essential items and they were price gouging, my perspective would be different. These are toys… Essentially.


They do make an instrument that I want but not at their price. It’s cool. I just won’t buy it. It’s not a scam or some sort of evil business practice. I am not being oppressed, or taken advantage of, because I am too poor to drop that type of cash. I am not entitled to have this product at a better price, simply because I want it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
You are on a forum largely devoted to discussing instruments, VSTs, samples and often their prices--in a thread devoted to talking about deals, and you don't want us to talk about prices. Got it.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
12771 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:24 pm

jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 am
So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.
No, I never said that.

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
12771 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm

jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm
If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.
Yes. No one is disputing this.
Why does the thing that I want, but I don’t actually need cost so much? It should be a price that is attainable for me. Because… I want it though. :evil:
No one said this.
They do make an instrument that I want but not at their price. It’s cool. I just won’t buy it. It’s not a scam or some sort of evil business practice. I am not being oppressed, or taken advantage of, because I am too poor to drop that type of cash. I am not entitled to have this product at a better price, simply because I want it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
No one is calling them evil. I never made any statement claiming this reflects poorly on NI. I never said anything about prices, scams, or oppression. I don't feel entitled to anything and I think NI has every right to make money on their products. In fact, given what I do for a living, it would be insanely hypocritical (I mean literally insane, I would have to be a sociopath) of me to make any such comments.

jrides
KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm
jrides wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm
If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.
Yes. No one is disputing this.
Why does the thing that I want, but I don’t actually need cost so much? It should be a price that is attainable for me. Because… I want it though. :evil:
No one said this.
They do make an instrument that I want but not at their price. It’s cool. I just won’t buy it. It’s not a scam or some sort of evil business practice. I am not being oppressed, or taken advantage of, because I am too poor to drop that type of cash. I am not entitled to have this product at a better price, simply because I want it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
No one is calling them evil. I never made any statement claiming this reflects poorly on NI. I never said anything about prices, scams, or oppression. I don't feel entitled to anything and I think NI has every right to make money on their products. In fact, given what I do for a living, it would be insanely hypocritical (I mean literally insane, I would have to be a sociopath) of me to make any such comments.

Your responses make sense, because I was talking to someone else. :tu:

Mplay
KVRist
137 posts since 16 Nov, 2009

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:39 am

Anyone know if bitwig ever does sales on their upgrade plans? Thanks

jsp1979
KVRAF
3283 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:08 am

Mplay wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:39 am
Anyone know if bitwig ever does sales on their upgrade plans? Thanks
They just had one that ran for about 6 weeks. I think it ended on last Monday.

https://rekkerd.org/bitwig-summer-sale- ... version-4/

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”