Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:41 am I dont get where people here are coming from at all regarding Komplete upgrades and their value. Do folks make music?

...snip...

How is this not amazing value? What am I missing from the comments I've seen such as "meh". Also my voucher got me Glaze for $25 , a very good vocal vst. I really want to know what I dont see that you folks see
Not everyone's music is primarily based on gigabytes of sample libraries and presets.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:04 am Why list things anyone can see in the NI’s site?
He makes his point. Enough so as to have me revisiting my own decision about upgrading. I was only looking at the flagship content and decided to take a pass but when listed this way in the context of this conversation the calculus changes for me.

Someone else (not you Harry I realize) took a shot at the poster regarding having music based on presets and gigabytes of sample data. There is nothing in the poster's comments that suggests he is limited to this style of production. In fact there is nothing inherently closed ended to using sample content or the NI catalog this way at all. Just an observation that I felt compelled to make as someone who has licences to a lot of content and only uses a very small fraction of it.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:41 am How is this not amazing value? What am I missing from the comments I've seen such as "meh". Also my voucher got me Glaze for $25 , a very good vocal vst. I really want to know what I dont see that you folks see
Yes, you’re right. My comment wasn’t about the value of Komplete but about the Catch 22 it puts us in with regard to newer libraries.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:34 pm
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:41 am How is this not amazing value? What am I missing from the comments I've seen such as "meh". Also my voucher got me Glaze for $25 , a very good vocal vst. I really want to know what I dont see that you folks see
Yes, you’re right. My comment wasn’t about the value of Komplete but about the Catch 22 it puts us in with regard to newer libraries.
So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.

3qO wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:15 pm Waves OneKnob Filter is free until July 26:
https://www.waves.com/account/oneknob-filter-free
Waves is at least since 12 hours in maintenance mode...

jrides wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:11 pm So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.
If their pricing scheme seems reasonable to you, good for you.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:04 pm
jrides wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:11 pm So native instruments should only release new products when there is another version update? Like every two years? Nine months seems reasonable to me.
If their pricing scheme seems reasonable to you, good for you.
Yes. They make a thing. Sell the thing. Nine months later come out with a new thing. List the new thing for sale. They do not give you the new thing that they spent research, development and other forms of overhead creating, for free.

I like this much better than the Melda productions scheme. They give you new plug-ins for free. However, God for bid you try to sell one of your licenses. The transfer fee is nothing short of extortion.

jrides wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 pm Yes. They make a thing. Sell the thing. Nine months later come out with a new thing. List the new thing for sale. They do not give you the new thing that they spent research, development and other forms of overhead creating, for free.
It sounds like, no matter how much it costs, you wouldn't question the price. Good for you to be in such a place.

Who asked to be given anything? Straw man?

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:59 pm
jrides wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 pm Yes. They make a thing. Sell the thing. Nine months later come out with a new thing. List the new thing for sale. They do not give you the new thing that they spent research, development and other forms of overhead creating, for free.
It sounds like, no matter how much it costs, you wouldn't question the price. Good for you to be in such a place.

Who asked to be given anything? Straw man?
No matter the cost? There is a 100% off coupon for all native instruments software that you do not buy. Save 100% of the price. This coupon does not expire.

If I can’t afford it, I just don’t buy it. If there is a cheaper solution that is just as good, I bought that instead. These are luxury items, not medical devices. We don’t need any of this stuff lol.

If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.

Why does the thing that I want, but I don’t actually need cost so much? It should be a price that is attainable for me. Because… I want it though. :evil:

If this was electricity, water, gas, medicine or some other essential items and they were price gouging, my perspective would be different. These are toys… Essentially.

They do make an instrument that I want but not at their price. It’s cool. I just won’t buy it. It’s not a scam or some sort of evil business practice. I am not being oppressed, or taken advantage of, because I am too poor to drop that type of cash. I am not entitled to have this product at a better price, simply because I want it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

jrides wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 am No matter the cost? There is a 100% off coupon for all native instruments software that you do not buy. Save 100% of the price. This coupon does not expire.

If I can’t afford it, I just don’t buy it. If there is a cheaper solution that is just as good, I bought that instead. These are luxury items, not medical devices. We don’t need any of this stuff lol.

If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.

Why does the thing that I want, but I don’t actually need cost so much? It should be a price that is attainable for me. Because… I want it though. :evil:

If this was electricity, water, gas, medicine or some other essential items and they were price gouging, my perspective would be different. These are toys… Essentially.

They do make an instrument that I want but not at their price. It’s cool. I just won’t buy it. It’s not a scam or some sort of evil business practice. I am not being oppressed, or taken advantage of, because I am too poor to drop that type of cash. I am not entitled to have this product at a better price, simply because I want it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
You are on a forum largely devoted to discussing instruments, VSTs, samples and often their prices--in a thread devoted to talking about deals, and you don't want us to talk about prices. Got it.

No, I never said that.

jrides wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 am If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.
Yes. No one is disputing this.
No one said this.
No one is calling them evil. I never made any statement claiming this reflects poorly on NI. I never said anything about prices, scams, or oppression. I don't feel entitled to anything and I think NI has every right to make money on their products. In fact, given what I do for a living, it would be insanely hypocritical (I mean literally insane, I would have to be a sociopath) of me to make any such comments.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:34 am
jrides wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 am If you own the right native instruments bundle, you will get the stuff in your next update in a year or so. If you can’t wait, because… Reasons, you can pay the asking price today.
Yes. No one is disputing this.
No one said this.
No one is calling them evil. I never made any statement claiming this reflects poorly on NI. I never said anything about prices, scams, or oppression. I don't feel entitled to anything and I think NI has every right to make money on their products. In fact, given what I do for a living, it would be insanely hypocritical (I mean literally insane, I would have to be a sociopath) of me to make any such comments.

Your responses make sense, because I was talking to someone else. :tu:

Anyone know if bitwig ever does sales on their upgrade plans? Thanks

Mplay wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:39 pm Anyone know if bitwig ever does sales on their upgrade plans? Thanks
They just had one that ran for about 6 weeks. I think it ended on last Monday.

https://rekkerd.org/bitwig-summer-sale- ... version-4/

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”