Timestamps incoming midi

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to get the actual timestamps between the incoming midi events ?
I would like to present these to showcase that certain hosts are imcapable of handling a fast midi input stream when sequenced from hardware , 32th notes , 64h note
So for that I would use architect as vst effect analyzing the incoming midi
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

If the transport is playing, you can use the [clock] module to do this. Record the clock at the time of the first event, and subtract this from the time of each succeeding event. The clock is in 1/960 quarter notes, so you can use that to work out the actual offset between events.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

What do youmean by record the clock , just write to midi pool ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Does something like this work for you? Its a macro that calculates and outputs the time difference between successive MIDI events. I've just tried it with Ableton Live and it seems to report the times correctly: 8th notes are 480 clocks apart, for example. (It was a quick solution, so you'll have to ignore the fact that it'll always output 0 as the the first value. It'll be trivial to filter that value out, if you so want.)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”