u-he - The Performance Update (M1 support & more)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

when do we get the zebra cm update not in the filo silo folder man :-(

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi Urs
I found another bug
Nuendo 11, Zebra 2.9.3 vst3 I can't turn on this plugin in manager.
vst2 working OK

Regards Piotr

Urs wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 pm uhe-apple-silicon-430px.jpg

Hi all,

after eight months of blood, sweat and tears, we have finally gotten to the point of an official up-to-date release of most of our plug-ins. We call it "The Performance Update" - that's not just because it adds native support for Apple Silicon, we have updated our entire toolchain and codebase with a lot of modern stuff for that extra bit of optimisation. But we also dropped support for CPUs that were on their way out 10 years ago, and we dropped 32 bit support on Mac entirely.

Additionally, some older plug-ins and even magware have been brought up to date with refreshed UIs, the latest features, polished preset libraries and whatnot.

The only u-he plug-ins which haven't been updated today are MFM2, Filterscape and Uhbik. These will see feature updates over the next few months. Also, TyrellN6 is due for an update early next year, when once again we can host it on our own website.

Enjoy,

Urs & team

Here's a little video we made with some of the main topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAn1wNSDq5M

The updates are free for existing owners, and are available here:

https://u-he.com (https://u-he.com)

For The Dark Zebra (ZebraHZ), as always, please request a download link from here:

https://u-he.com/my-licenses/ (https://u-he.com/my-licenses/)

Note: We still have no update for AAX on Mac. While Pro Tools now supports Rosetta2 on M1, it is still not trivially possible to create AAX for IntelMacs when also supporting Apple Silicon. We have been in touch with Avid and agreed on a new workflow which will bring back AAX support for Macs once AAX is available natively for Apple Silicon.

Improvements:

* Native support for Apple Silicon chips (M1)
* macOS Big Sur compatibility
* Improved GUI performance on Mac
* Improved multi-core performance on Intel Macs
* Support for Oddsound MTS-ESP
* Improved preset browser
* Improved handling of junction links on Windows
* Improved soundset installation
* Preset list scroll direction preference
* Preset browser bank name support

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed: CPU surge during automatic display brightness adjustments (macOS Big Sur)
* Fixed: Installer now runs natively on M1 Silicon (Rosetta2 not needed to install)
* Fixed: Rare crash on project reload
* Fixed: Crash when loading script presets (e.g. Randomizer)
* Fixed: Crash in Bandlab Cakewalk when reloading a project using VST3 FX plugin
* Fixed: Cakewalk setting instance parameters to default on project reload
* Fixed: Notes starting on same time stamp but different MIDI channel might not play
* Fixed: Notes could get stuck when resetting playhead in Logic 10.6
* Fixed: Preventing audio clicks when switching presets
* Fixed: Multiple hold pedal quirks
* Loads of framework fixes and general improvements

Many smaller and bigger issues have also been addressed in each plugin.
For a complete list please check each product's changelog page.

Here are just a few of the plugin specific improvements/fixes/new features:

BazilleCM + BeatZille: (available from Computer Music / Beat soon)

* Fixed: Multiple sequencer issues
* Fixed: Multiple issues with envelope triggering via LFO and sequencer

Envelope triggering via LFO and sequencer was reworked in order to fix multiple bugs in this area. This means some presets might not sound as intended anymore. We therefore recommend to finish ongoing projects before updating to the new version. Please refer to the "Patch Conversion Tips" file to get more info on how to adjust your presets.

Bazille:

* Fixed: Possible crash when quitting Ableton Live
* Fixed: Possible crash when using VST3 in Cubase

Colour Copy:

* Fixed: Mix knob could change value while being locked
* Known Issue: Scope effects (eco, fast, glow, ...) are not working

Diva:

* Modernized set of tags
* Strict host sync button added to arpeggiator section
* Fixed: Arpeggiator could cause stuck notes

Hive:

* Improved resource management for better performance
* Fixed: Sequencer mod mode was not reacting to hold pedal
* Izmo skin updated

Podolski:

* Fixed: LFO in single trigger mode was free running
* Notes are now restricted to MIDI note range to prevent random audio glitches

Protoverb:

* Factory preset library sorted and polished
* Fixed: Low level input signals could cause scratches on left channel

Repro:

* Modernized set of tags
* Mod matrix modifiers now on the GUI (previously only available via context menu)
* Fixed: Playback issue when switching from an arp to a sequencer preset

TripleCheese:

* Fresh new GUI (definitely not cheesy anymore)
* Fixed: LFO in single trigger mode was free running
* Fixed: Oscillator was still audible if switched off

Zebra2 & ZebraHZ:

* Fixed: Loop pointer in DotEight fullsize editor wasn't displayed
* Fixed: Zebrify Ctrl A/B wasn't using global settings when loading a new instance
* Fixed: Diva HPF filter initialization issue (might stay silent when reloading preset)

ZebraCM: (available from Computer Music soon)

* Fresh, modern GUI

bulipro wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:59 pm Nuendo 11, Zebra 2.9.3 vst3 I can't turn on this plugin in manager.
Two things I can see in the screenshot:

1 - The version number displays 2.9.2, it should be 2.9.3
Maybe try downloading and installing the current release version again.

2 - There is a checkmark at the "hide" setting, just remove that checkmark (we are not setting that)
That QA guy from planet u-he.

core18 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:32 pm when do we get the zebra cm update not in the filo silo folder man :-(
The ball is in CM's court now.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:07 am
core18 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:32 pm when do we get the zebra cm update not in the filo silo folder man :-(
probaby gonna charge for a new edition as a new synth lol

PieBerger wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:07 am
Someone in a different thread said they heard from a CM editor posted that the said it would "take a few issues" to get it out, and you'd have to "buy a new magazine" to get it. So, it'll be a few months and cost a few squids (or whatever the Brits call money).

Hello to all

I still have de ZebraCM v1.1.0 from 2012, some say the update come soon: ZebraCM: (available from Computer Music soon)

Any have info when we, the poor boys, can update to the latest ZebraCM with the beautiful new skin?

Thanks in advance.
Mac, PC and real hardware synths.

janomix.chile wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:03 pm Hello to all

I still have de ZebraCM v1.1.0 from 2012, some say the update come soon: ZebraCM: (available from Computer Music soon)

Any have info when we, the poor boys, can update to the latest ZebraCM with the beautiful new skin?

Thanks in advance.
Read the post directly above yours.

Here's a thought I have every time I do the downloading for one of these awesome wide-scale updates: have you ever considered doing some kind of combo download package(s) for those of us who own a lot of u-he stuff? (Maybe an all-synths and all-effects download, and/or just uhe-everything?) I realize packaging is already probably a pain and the files would be big, but I now have so many things to update when one of these things drops that I invariably put it off for a while or do only 1-2 plugins right away and then forget. Not even hoping for a combo installer or anything, just a one-click download to simplify things.

(Uh, these don't exist already, right? Couldn't find them if so, but I guess given the size of the hypothetical files they might be a bit hidden.)

We'd love to do that. We're just a bit short of developers and not short at all of other things we need to focus on, I'm afraid. Hope to change that :oops:

Just to be sure, these latest versions of your synths (build 12092) won't run on a Core 2 Duo E6750 equipped machine? If so, how do I get the last version of ZebraHZ that does?

e@rs wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm ... on a Core 2 Duo E6750 equipped machine...
You'd need to check wether your CPU supports SSE4.2 or not.
If it's lower (like SSE4.1), then contact Support and we'll help.

Cheers!

Apparently only supports SSE3, so I'll send you an email. Thank you!

I have installed 2.9.3 on my Intel Mac. Downlaoded from u-he website. Is this the same that will work natively as AU / VST on a M1 Mac?

Thanks
Pasha

pasha811 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:07 am I have installed 2.9.3 on my Intel Mac. Downlaoded from u-he website. Is this the same that will work natively as AU / VST on a M1 Mac?

Thanks
Pasha
Yes, of course.

Return to “u-he”