u-he - The Performance Update (M1 support & more)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

URS,

I faintly remember an old interview where you were discussing pushing up against modern CPU limits in your quest for more realistic analog modeling, and that you even dreamed of using GPUs for this task. If I recall correctly, the verdict was that discreet GPUs of the era introduced too much latency to be usable in real-time audio? (I apologize If I’m misremembering anything. )

I’m just curious if Apples integrated GPUs might be capable of handling audio DSP? I don’t know anything about programming - but I’m very excited by Apple Silicon in general and for a new generation of sophisticated audio processing plugins and soft synths it might enable in the near future.

Happy New Year,
-Cheers

I'm curious - are the releases listed in the original post getting close to a 'final' release? I haven't updated yet - I usually try to wait for 'official releases'. Although I've never personally run into any show-stopping issues with U-he software (beta or otherwise).

Thanks in advance for any reply - cheers!

All of the original post are already out, been for a while now

Oh, really? I thought those were all considered "release candidates", but maybe I'm wrong of missed a post/announcement that took them from RC to full. In any case, I guess it's safe to update :) Thanks for the reply :)

The betas were a much older thread.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=563131

The official ones were announced and released on this thread in August 2021.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ah! That's what I was thinking of. Thanks so much, both of you. Appreciated. Cheers :tu:

Will 2022 really be the year for the Filterscape update?
I know the news item about the Performance update thread told us a few plugins were not yet M1-ready, but it also said

he only u-he plug-ins which haven't been updated today are MFM2, Filterscape and Uhbik. These will see feature updates over the next few months.

And as I really enjoy the MFM2 and uhbik 2.0 betas ... maybe filterscape is not far away ?

KingRoy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:17 pm Will 2022 really be the year for the Filterscape update?
I know the news item about the Performance update thread told us a few plugins were not yet M1-ready, but it also said

he only u-he plug-ins which haven't been updated today are MFM2, Filterscape and Uhbik. These will see feature updates over the next few months.

And as I really enjoy the MFM2 and uhbik 2.0 betas ... maybe filterscape is not far away ?
Have you seen this? :wink:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:55 pm
KingRoy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:17 pm Will 2022 really be the year for the Filterscape update?

Nice! Where did that come from?

D Halgren wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:04 am Nice! Where did that come from?
Urs posted that in one of the threads. I think it was the survey one [I had to digging through a few threads and now can't remember the exact one - 80% sure it was the survey one].

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:15 am
D Halgren wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:04 am Nice! Where did that come from?
Urs posted that in one of the threads. I think it was the survey one [I had to digging through a few threads and now can't remember the exact one - 80% sure it was the survey one].
I missed that one, so I'm glad you posted it. Now I'm super excited!

D Halgren wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:04 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:55 pm

Nice! Where did that come from?
Hell no what the heck!! Looks awesome.

I just witnessed the hour long sonicstate video and heard all about the wonders of the beautiful island of gran canaria but this is stunning !! Thx man just wanted the know if they would continue the product and not drop it … maybe it will be shown at superbooth

Superbooth may be a good chance for a first glimpse at the final UI.

The whole thing about Covid and working remotely has its toll. I think it works well in companies where everyone has just one job. At u-he however everyone has a dozen jobs, and online communication can't make up for face to face interaction. So while we make great progress in some areas, e.g. technology development and UI design, some other areas work in slow motion, e.g. anything related to finalising and publishing new stuff, or whenever tasks or material is commonly handed from one person to another back and forth. Hope we can catch up on that soon.

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:52 am Superbooth may be a good chance for a first glimpse at the final UI.

The whole thing about Covid and working remotely has its toll. I think it works well in companies where everyone has just one job. At u-he however everyone has a dozen jobs, and online communication can't make up for face to face interaction. So while we make great progress in some areas, e.g. technology development and UI design, some other areas work in slow motion, e.g. anything related to finalising and publishing new stuff, or whenever tasks or material is commonly handed from one person to another back and forth. Hope we can catch up on that soon.
Thanks! And I fully understand. Just got a little too excited I guess ... Good luck! :tu:

OMG everything is so fast on the M1 pro macs now... Btw. also recent Renoise M1 version is very fast. I can almost replay all of my projects at 2ms latency :o And I use quite a lot of plugins...

Return to “u-he”