Bugs in VCommander

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am finally making this post even though I have had most of these issues for a long time, it has now really become intolerable. Like if these cannot be resolved I'll have to sell my Virus.

1 When I load or rename or save a patch some (or many) things are sometimes not active. For example in a patch I made today, I have an lfo assigned to modulate eq mid freq. This along with the eq low and high gain do nothing until I tweak them. Assignments in assign 4-6 do nothing until I unassign and reassign them.

2 When I load a project the tempo on VCommander is usually set to 120 instead of the project tempo, and i have to reload the plugin which usually works but sometimes doesn't. Even if it loads with the correct tempo, sometimes the delay tempo is wrong until i reload it again.

3 When I use the arpeggiator with VCommander, it doesn't repeat. It will only play the each note one time and then stop.

4 I tried version 5 today to see if it would help. It didn't (except effect send) and now pressing space with VCommander active does not start/stop daw playback. Due to this I reverted to version 4, but that didn't work. Even though I put the old dll back and removed the new one, VCommander about says I have version 5 and I cannot start/stop without clicking the daw window every time which is a really big problem.

I am using 64 bit Reaper in Windows 10 and a Virus Indigo 2.

Hi,

sorry for hearing you're having trouble.
I am currently not at my desk but will look into this on coming weekend.

But to be honest, all this sounds somehow strange and if anyone could confirm or even provide further information, this would be really appreciated.

Best
Joerg
VCommander, edit your virus a better way...

I can send a patch or anything else for you to look at. I can live with numbers 2 and 3, but 1 and 4 are workflow killers. Do you know how I can at least revert to v4? Where is VCommanders config stored?

Not that it really matters for me but here is something else I found in the new version:

https://i.imgur.com/jrQwDkc.gif

Okay, the last one is an easy fix. Thanks for reporting. For the other ones you've reported I have to get my head around first.

I've started investigating your findings with Reaper. At first glance, I can't reproduce point 1, 2 and 3. That doesn't mean that the issues doesn't exist - I just can't reproduce them. Thus it would be helpful to send me a reaper demo project or a VCommander file.

As for point 4, if remember well, this also happens with other DAW because of the different ways they capture keyboard focus. I can/will further investigate but can't promise a solution, I am afraid.
Let's see.

You can of course send me your patches vie email directly if you want.

Best
Joerg

Sorry for taking a while. I couldn't see an email address so I'll just attach them here. I made a stripped down patch that clearly shows what's going on, and a Reaper project with that in it. I should say that I can also make new patches that initially don't have all these problems, this particular issue seems to start happening randomly and then the patch is forever borked. Anyway:

When I load this patch the only modulation that works is osc main vol on lfo 1.

EQ mid freq on lfo 2 does nothing until i tweak the mid eq gain, in fact the high and low eq don't work either until i touch their gains.

In the mod matrix:
Assign 4 doesn't work until I unassign and reassign the filter env and change the amount.
Assign 5 doesn't work until I unassign and reassign both source and destination and change the amount.
Assign 6 doesn't work until I unassign and reassign filter balance and change the amount.

If I do any of that, renaming the patch makes everything stop working again.

I am pretty sure version 5 solved VCommander having the wrong bpm when I load a Reaper project and the delay/reverb send not working until tweaked, but it did not solve the delay bpm sometimes being wrong until I set VCommander to offline then back online.

I don't understand why the keyboard focus should be an issue. It worked fine in version 4 and every other plugin I have.

Do you have any ideas about why I am stuck with version 5 even though I reverted to the version 4 dll?

If needed I can export my Reaper config just in case that is doing anything.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just to give a short update...

Since I only have a Virus B Indigo to test, it is hard to reproduce the issues with EQ and Assign but I am drying a different way to accomplish that.

Have you ever run into the situation to reset your Virus? I often had to do this to get things back working and also heard so from other users. If not, could you please do and see whether some of the issue have gone? Don't worry, you'll not lose your sounds doing the reset. It just clears some settings memory.

You know once I have more news.
Joerg

Just to give an update here: I fixed the keyboard focus issue and was able to start/stop Ableton from VCommander. The graphics glitches have also been fixed but I couldn't reproduce the other issues mentioned. Again, please try to reset your hardware and test again.

I'll issue a new release including the fixes soon and let you know here.

Thanks,
Joerg

Return to “solar3d-software”