Eventide Anthology XII

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My upgrade was $160, I owned XI from before, but not any of the new plugins I think, so I just upgraded and I am currently downloading them. I was considering buying split eq a while back, but I waited and am now glad to have it as part of the bundle.

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:43 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:17 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 am My upgrade is $40. New to me would SplitEQ, MicroPitch,CrushStation, TriceraChorus, EChannel, EQ45, EQ65, Precision Time Align, Precision Time Delay.
The one's I own are separate licenses in my iLok so I would have to bundle them all in Anthology XII. Probably worth it...
On second thought, I think this may be a poison pill in the context of the value of the licenses on the 2nd market. Long story short, I would have more re-sale value of I keep the plugins separate and buy the one's I dont have in future sales vs paying $40 to get them and then everything is bundled. I am comparing the re-sale value of the plugins separate vs bundled and I think it makes sense for me to avoid the upgrade because I prefer to have the option to recoup costs on plugins I no longer use. I know many don't care about license transfers and the asset value of transferable licenses, but for me it's an important consideration.
I don't know that they remove them, I don't know that they don't, either. I just know that I still have multiple singles that were a part of the bundle upgrade at some point.
You surrender your old licenses during activation.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:04 am
ghettosynth wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:43 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:17 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 am My upgrade is $40. New to me would SplitEQ, MicroPitch,CrushStation, TriceraChorus, EChannel, EQ45, EQ65, Precision Time Align, Precision Time Delay.
The one's I own are separate licenses in my iLok so I would have to bundle them all in Anthology XII. Probably worth it...
On second thought, I think this may be a poison pill in the context of the value of the licenses on the 2nd market. Long story short, I would have more re-sale value of I keep the plugins separate and buy the one's I dont have in future sales vs paying $40 to get them and then everything is bundled. I am comparing the re-sale value of the plugins separate vs bundled and I think it makes sense for me to avoid the upgrade because I prefer to have the option to recoup costs on plugins I no longer use. I know many don't care about license transfers and the asset value of transferable licenses, but for me it's an important consideration.
I don't know that they remove them, I don't know that they don't, either. I just know that I still have multiple singles that were a part of the bundle upgrade at some point.
You surrender your old licenses during activation.
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure that I upgraded the bundle once and I no longer have anything earlier. We'll see if they take any of my individual licenses. They didn't take them all prior. I still have TVerb, it's still in 11, and I know that I only purchased one license for it.

I just installed everything and it's all working good on my system.

I know that SplitEQ is not brand new, but it is new to me, and I'm glad to see an Eventide plugin coming with a fully resizable GUI that you can drag to resize.

I wonder if they have any plans to update the GUI on their other plugs, that would be great.

Ok, so, mystery solved. You get the super discount price if you have more than one of some other licenses. It's probably not a good deal to take that upgrade if you want to keep your singles. This is new with Eventide this time. They don't take any legacy licenses Stereo Room 2016, but any individual license that's in the bundle is used to calculate your upgrade price. The only plugin of theirs that I've ever used both the single as well as the two in the bundle was BlackHole, but I have no need for that anymore as I've simplified my music life.

My guess is that $39 is the lowest possible price so, most likely, I could have sold a license or two and still got that price, but I don't really care as I can't be assed to sell plugins.

If you have all singles though, it's probably better to keep them that way. I had five singles including the free UltraChannel Native license from way back in 2014. We can probably deduce the minimum level of singles required to get the lowest price if people report how many they had to surrender with their old bundle.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Also, the mystery of my second 2016 Stereo Room is solved. One was deposited with the bundle.

$39.95 for me as well, heck of a deal :tu:

$170 here. For that I would get Split EQ, Physion, loads of H9 I don't own (only have Blackhole), Band Delays, Ultraverb, the Ultra- and EChannels, the EQs and Precisions, so not a bad deal.

I've only been interested in Split EQ and Band Delays of late, so I'm not sure if I'd be just spending for the sake of it. Good marketing.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hit quote instead of edit
Last edited by jens on Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

160 for me - thanks, but no thanks, Eventide - I didn't purchase any of the newer H9 based plugins because they didn't really bring anything new to the table for me and I found that new - far more interesting - EQ too expensive on its own already...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hmm, I didn't buy any of the new plugins. $39.95 adds 9 plugins for me. :shrug:

*I didn't bother even to demo them as I was pretty sure they would be added to
the bundle down the road.

An absolute no-brainer for 40 - I would however have to pay 160 for what I assume are the exact same 9 plugins - which is a no-brainer too for me - just the other way around...

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:35 am $170 here. For that I would get Split EQ, Physion, loads of H9 I don't own (only have Blackhole), Band Delays, Ultraverb, the Ulta and EChannels, the EQs and Precision, so not a bad deal.

I've only been interested in Split EQ and Band Delays of late, so I'm not sure if I'd be just spending for the sake of it. Good marketing.

hm... that's a little odd - that would be ten more than I'd have to pay and I have the whole Anthology XI (i.e. Physion, Bad Delay, Ultraverb, the channel-strips yadda yadda) plus SP2016 - makes one wonder how they come up with these upgrade-prices.

But it's their decision of course anyway - I just won't bite... :shrug:

Hi all, where do I find the upgrade price, not received any email and xannot find it on the website..
What's extra to vXI?
Cheers

tonymax wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:15 pm Hi all, where do I find the upgrade price, not received any email and xannot find it on the website..
What's extra to vXI?
Cheers
Click on upgrade on this page : https://www.eventideaudio.com/plug-ins/anthology-xii/
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”