SongKey MK4 not working in Logic Pro X

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does SongKey MK4 work for you in Logic Pro?

I bought SongKey and have had no success - specifically with beat detection. It can't detect correct tempo at all (sometimes is 70+ bpm's off!) Even a straight four-on-the-floor kick drum loop can't be detected in my set-up.

I have tried different I/O buffer settings to no avail. I opened a support ticket and supplied demo files but even Hornet's support could not get satisfactory results.

Logic's built-in beat detection is spot-on + it even supplies a decimal whereas SongKey only shows whole BPMs.

Key detection is often closer to the correct key but only for very simple harmonic content that you don't need SongKey to work out the key for. Either the AU has not been tested thoroughly on mac/Logic or there is something interfering in my config.

Is there anyone who is using SongKey with Logic without problems? I have no problems with other Hornet plugins so I can't believe Saverio's quality control/testing is lacking. There must be a way to fix this.

Unfortunately Hornet's support does not seem to be able to help me more than the offer to refund the putrchase (which is too late anyway).

Hi Orc, I just had a look to your ticket and replied you there :)

top make it short, the first file you sent us is a 100bpm file and gets detected at 99bpm, good enough considering that a plugin does not has access to the whole file (like a daw does) and replies on continuous feed of data from the DAW.

The second one is a kick loop and is detected as a 147 bpm audio, while you state it's a 76 bpm. If you halve 147 you get 73.5 bpm, I don't know if it's good enough but I know that the tempo detection algorithm is tuned to analyze full mixes and not simple kick loops since the plugin is designed for the DJ/producer who wants to create mashups or remixes.

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”