HoRNet SpringVerb, algorithmic spring reverb with physical models

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HoRNet plugins announces the immediate availability of SpringVerb, an algorithmic spring reverb using physical models.

HoRNet SpringVerb recreates the classic sound of spring reverbs found in guitar amplifiers and vintage gear and adds the ability to change the physical properties of the springs and create a custom sound.

Features:
Physically modeled spring behavior
Up to three different springs
Complete customization of spring parameters
Custom reverb density for special reverb sounds
Dry / Wet mix knob
Resizable interface, hardware accelerated
Apple Silicon M1 support
macOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (Vista and later ) support.
64-bit on Mac and Windows.
Audio Units, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX format.

HoRNet SpringVerb is available now for just 12,99€ as single plugin or as part of the Complete Bundle, only on https://www.hornetplugins.com

VST3 wouldn't validate in Reaper Version 5 x64 on Windows 10 for me. VST2 seems to work though. Can't remember ever having such a problem before with HoRNet plugins (installed almost all over the years).

Another user has same issue:-

https://gearspace.com/board/new-product ... st16012303
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Hi,

thanks for your support and for reporting this issue.
We are already working to spot the issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, as a workaround, keep using the vst2 version.
Best
Maso
your support at HoRNet plugins. Need help? Just open a ticket

Can you point to the physical models you've been using here? Your website says you looked at research papers but they aren't listed there ...

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 pm VST3 wouldn't validate in Reaper Version 5 x64 on Windows 10 for me. VST2 seems to work though. Can't remember ever having such a problem before with HoRNet plugins (installed almost all over the years).

sorry about the issue, a corrupted file wen online, I've fixed it now. Can you please try to download it again?

thank you
Saverio

v1md wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 am Can you point to the physical models you've been using here? Your website says you looked at research papers but they aren't listed there ...
Sure, I did not want to go too technical, but if you ask :)

this is the main one:
https://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=15511

Then this one:
https://asp-eurasipjournals.springerope ... 646134.pdf

and this one:
https://github.com/tomas-gajarsky/param ... jarsky.pdf

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:29 pm
hesnotthemessiah wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 pm VST3 wouldn't validate in Reaper Version 5 x64 on Windows 10 for me. VST2 seems to work though. Can't remember ever having such a problem before with HoRNet plugins (installed almost all over the years).

sorry about the issue, a corrupted file wen online, I've fixed it now. Can you please try to download it again?

thank you
Saverio
Hi Saverio. Downloaded the HoRNetSpringVerb single zip package and still the same issue. Have the online files been changed? The current demo VST3 and .dll files look identical in terms of size and date to the first ones (I have only got the first one's VST3 and .dll files not the zip file to compare with).
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:42 pm
HoRNet wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:29 pm

thank you
Saverio
Hi Saverio. Downloaded the HoRNetSpringVerb single zip package and still the same issue. Have the online files been changed? The current demo VST3 and .dll files look identical in terms of size and date to the first ones (I have only got the first one's VST3 and .dll files not the zip file to compare with).
That's weird indeed, this is what I see right now on the server in the win folder:

Code: Select all

HoRNetSpringVerb-1.0.0/win# ls -lah
total 3.0M
drwxr-xr-x 3 hornetplugins www-data 4.0K May 17 07:55 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 hornetplugins www-data 4.0K May 25 17:03 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 hornetplugins www-data 4.0K May 23 18:36 HoRNetSpringVerb.aaxplugin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 hornetplugins www-data 1.4M May 25 14:50 HoRNetSpringVerb_x64.dll
-rwxr-xr-x 1 hornetplugins www-data 1.5M May 25 14:50 HoRNetSpringVerb_x64.vst3
may be a cache somewhere? have you used HoRNet DoIn or the manual download?

Saverio

I always get the error message:- "Error installing plugin" when using HoRNet DoIn. This is for the both plugins listed under "Demos" and also in "My Plugins" in HoRNet DoIn. Error happens with VST2 and VST3 64bit formats (not tried the other formats). Even when I try to just install the VST2 version and not the VST3, I still get the "Error installing plugin" when using HoRNet DoIn. So I always have to install each plugin manually. I also tried placing the HoRNetSpringVerb x64 VST3 file manually, from the data folder that HoRNet DoIn creates when trying to install, into the VST3 plugins folder where all the rest of my HoRNet VST3 plugins reside. But still HoRNetSpringVerb is still not appearing in Reaper.

The plugin is scanned by Reaper when first placed into the VST3 folder but Reaper does not create the full string for it:-

HoRNetSpringVerb_x64.vst3=80F59FB7756FD801

compared to a full working string:-

HoRNetAutoGain_x64.vst3=0050E8465B69D801,1868818886,HoRNetAutoGain (HoRNet)

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:29 pm I always get the error message:- "Error installing plugin" when using HoRNet DoIn. This is for the both plugins listed under "Demos" and also in "My Plugins" in HoRNet DoIn. Error happens with VST2 and VST3 64bit formats (not tried the other formats). Even when I try to just install the VST2 version and not the VST3, I still get the "Error installing plugin" when using HoRNet DoIn. So I always have to install each plugin manually. I also tried placing the HoRNetSpringVerb x64 VST3 file manually, from the data folder that HoRNet DoIn creates when trying to install, into the VST3 plugins folder where all the rest of my HoRNet VST3 plugins reside. But still HoRNetSpringVerb is still not appearing in Reaper.

The plugin is scanned by Reaper when first placed into the VST3 folder but Reaper does not create the full string for it:-

The DoIn error it's probably because of some permission in the plugins folder, it should ask for administrative rights when you launch it, if this does not happens, try to right click on it and choose run as administrator.

that said, have you tried to download the plugin again after my last message? we have a download cache on our website, I've emptied that a couple of times but maybe you were still getting a cached download.

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:22 am
hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:29 pm I always get the error message:- "Error installing plugin" when using HoRNet DoIn. This is for the both plugins listed under "Demos" and also in "My Plugins" in HoRNet DoIn. Error happens with VST2 and VST3 64bit formats (not tried the other formats). Even when I try to just install the VST2 version and not the VST3, I still get the "Error installing plugin" when using HoRNet DoIn. So I always have to install each plugin manually. I also tried placing the HoRNetSpringVerb x64 VST3 file manually, from the data folder that HoRNet DoIn creates when trying to install, into the VST3 plugins folder where all the rest of my HoRNet VST3 plugins reside. But still HoRNetSpringVerb is still not appearing in Reaper.

The DoIn error it's probably because of some permission in the plugins folder, it should ask for administrative rights when you launch it
Hi Saverio. DoIn has never asked me for administative rights when I have launched it. Maybe you mean this should be done in the background by DoIn itself with no actual user input.

Since my last post on 25 April I had not done anything, until today, when I purchased HoRNetSpringVerb and installed the full version. Which is working fine. I did redownload DoIn today to install the plugin. I still got the same error, even when following your advice to "try and right click on it and choose run as administrator":-
HoRNet wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:22 am, if this does not happens, try to right click on it and choose run as administrator.
So, as with all previous installs using DoIn, I jut opened up the data file and moved the VST3 file manually to my VST3 folder.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”