Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:40 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:31 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:08 pm Meet the RX1200, our 12-bit sampler instrument based on the E-mu SP-1200, a landmark sampler designed by Dave Rossum and released by E-mu Systems in 1987.

https://www.inphonik.com/products/rx120 ... nstrument/

Price: $29
Is there a demo version? The sound examples are pretty great.
Looks like there is no demo version. Sounds pretty good. There's also a video of the sound examples, just in case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxZfJoqynV8
Why didn’t they include the sequencer?
That’s kind of missing the point. It was the swing on the sp1200 that made it king, as much as the dirty 12bit sound.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:09 amIs there any compelling reason to update from 6 to 7 yet if you mostly just plan on using pre-made Kontakt instruments that don't come with 7?
Nope, but I have taken a £44.50 punt on the upgrade just in case something does arrive that made me want it when this sale is over.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:09 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:09 amIs there any compelling reason to update from 6 to 7 yet if you mostly just plan on using pre-made Kontakt instruments that don't come with 7?
Nope, but I have taken a £44.50 punt on the upgrade just in case something does arrive that made me want it when this sale is over.
I like to price these things out, but also haven't seen any compelling reason for the upgrade. Might push to Black Friday, or skip v7 entirely.

I have a K7 update offer in my Izotope account, but it’s way more expensive than Konplete upgrade from 13 to 14

simmo75 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:22 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:08 pm Meet the RX1200, our 12-bit sampler instrument based on the E-mu SP-1200, a landmark sampler designed by Dave Rossum and released by E-mu Systems in 1987.

Looks like there is no demo version. Sounds pretty good. There's also a video of the sound examples, just in case:

That’s kind of missing the point. It was the swing on the sp1200 that made it king, as much as the dirty 12bit sound.
I think they mention it to be a deliberate move in the intro video. Guess they want to simply program the grooves in the piano roll in any DAW and avoid the hassle of MIDI drag and drop and stuff.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:11 am
simmo75 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:22 am

I think they mention it to be a deliberate move in the intro video. Guess they want to simply program the grooves in the piano roll in any DAW and avoid the hassle of MIDI drag and drop and stuff.
Some DAW’s have special swing quantize presets - Logic - or you can download quantize presets for MPC’s etc from third party developers.
The Inphonik sounds pretty impressive to me:)

Uncle E wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:35 pm Also VST's.
Thanks!

VitaminD wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:42 pm
kevinsparks wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:46 pm Regarding the Komplete 14 update, does anyone know how Ozone gets bundled in? I'd like to sell it to offset my costs a little bit.
It's included in the single license code you get for the entire Komplete Update. Ozone shows up in the Native Access right along with the NI software.

So it's not a separate deal it seems.
Is it possible to resell it though. I can imagine there is a license somewhere in Native Access? Also, does anyone know if the PA plugins are resellable?

kidslow wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:35 am
I like to price these things out, but also haven't seen any compelling reason for the upgrade. Might push to Black Friday, or skip v7 entirely.
I thought the Kontakt upgrade sale only happens in the summer?

Personally I'm almost certainly going to wait until next summer (at the earliest...). Though it would be in NI's interest to get developers to release 7 only non-Player libraries before the sale ends.

FWIW, UAD Creative Edition for $214 with coupons SAVE25 and UALURKER4LIFE (thanks Nevel for this one) is a fantastic deal if you don't have many overlapping plugins (and especially if you have an iLok USB dongle, because iLok Cloud isn't the best activation).

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 am
kidslow wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:35 am
I thought the Kontakt upgrade sale only happens in the summer?

Personally I'm almost certainly going to wait until next summer (at the earliest...). Though it would be in NI's interest to get developers to release 7 only non-Player libraries before the sale ends.
I could be mistaken, but I believe it's twice a year. I've only recently seen third-party libraries that rely on Kontakt 6 features, so might be a few years until 7-only libraries are a concern.

So i just bought an Apollo twin x duo heritage edition, don’t have time to register it and i haven’t had time to look up what comes bundled with it.

I’ve also bought the entire T-racks bundle, sonibles smart bundle and NI komplete standard, noiseash need73 and tdr slickeq gentlemans ed.

I feel pretty covered, still need autotune and have heard good things about uad plugins in general, what would you go for? I am completely new to the uad world but would like to benefit from their sale right now. Any ideas?

Has anyone tried the c-vox? I’m thinking of buying that as the room treatment isn’t the best and seems like a fair alternative to soothe?

nino213 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:09 pm So i just bought an Apollo twin x duo heritage edition, don’t have time to register it and i haven’t had time to look up what comes bundled with it.

I feel pretty covered, still need autotune and have heard good things about uad plugins in general, what would you go for? I am completely new to the uad world but would like to benefit from their sale right now. Any ideas?
Find someone who already own an Apollo and ask them to send you an invitation before you register your new hardware: you should receive a free plugin or a discount voucher. You can search also here on KVR, maybe under "UAD referral code".
I've just jumped into the UAD world with Opal synth and API 2500 bus compressor, which I wanted from a long time. Recommend checking them out

nino213 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:09 pm I feel pretty covered, still need autotune and have heard good things about uad plugins in general, what would you go for? I am completely new to the uad world but would like to benefit from their sale right now. Any ideas?
Only get UAD Auto-Tune if you need to help singers monitor themselves real-time. Many singers sing better when they hear themselves in tune. Other than that, though, the native versions are much better.

Also, while the current sale is good, keep in mind that these sales happen all the time. For example, the price I paid for the Minimoog a couple of months was exactly the same as the current price with the UALURKER4LIFE coupon applied.
Has anyone tried the c-vox? I’m thinking of buying that as the room treatment isn’t the best and seems like a fair alternative to soothe?
Again, only get it if you need it real-time. I consistently get better results with RX and Adobe Enhance Speech. But if you're live streaming or just needing to throw down something quickly, c-vox is excellent.

nino213 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:09 pm So i just bought an Apollo twin x duo heritage edition, don’t have time to register it and i haven’t had time to look up what comes bundled with it.
I have sent you a pm with more info regarding UAD referral program.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”