Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

Urs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:57 pm
limitlesssss wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:29 pm Can you right-click on the points of a curve and enter precise value? For instance, 94° = +0.59
How about right-clicking on a bezier curve and enter a precise value?
Are these two actions possible?
If not, can they be implemented pretty please?
Do you have an actual example where Grid snapping isn't enough?

That said, as I explained, the copy/paste format is text based in Hive's .uhm format. There are binary perfect numbers for point coordinates, and there are human readable numbers. Anything you can type, you can type in a text editor anyway, should it be worth the effort.
You're right Urs. I just wanted an easier/quicker solution to quickly type the value right there in the program itself. But I do understand if you think it's not worth it to implement.

I'm not against doing it at all, it's just that if we do it here, we probably have to finally do it everywhere, and that is something that to me feels like something I'd rather get our team to do at a later point of time.

How about using the same editors for waveshaper transfer curves? Wouldn't that be fun?

Urs wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:10 am I'm not against doing it at all, it's just that if we do it here, we probably have to finally do it everywhere, and that is something that to me feels like something I'd rather get our team to do at a later point of time.
Good to know. Later is great. Thanks again.

NAD wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:15 am How about using the same editors for waveshaper transfer curves? Wouldn't that be fun?
Indeed. It's something we might explore later on, not necessarily in the context of Zebra.

You're up awfully early, hope you're getting enough sleep! :hihi:

NAD wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:48 am You're up awfully early, hope you're getting enough sleep! :hihi:
No sleep, only splines :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

Hm, something in Zebra 2/Legacy is sample rate dependent. Do you know, if its all components, or just some (filters or whatever)?

EDIT: I think the bandworks osc fx is sample rate dependent. Put it to a quite low sounding setting at 48khz, switch project to 96khz, and it will sound like doubled in brightness.

Bandworks sounds like a possible candidate. Anything spectral that operates between Fundamental and the highest available harmonic might sound different if there are more overtones available due to a higher samplerate.

Ok, but shouldn't it be compensated then? Or is this designed like this by purpose?

It’s designed like this by purpose, but when I designed it, I didn’t think anyone would ever use different samplerates at different times…

Ok. :) Well, I usually do not switch samplerate in a project either, but was interested how it sounds at 96kHz... Since some not oversampling stuff then might sound better, or let's say, different. But it's good to know that some stuff in Z2 is samplerate dependent. Maybe there could be some hint in the manual?

I saw the video from Superbooth and wondering if U.He is still programming and developing virtual musical intruments, this Zebralette 3 pre-alpha looks like an extended graphic program.
Is U-He still developing and programming virtual music intruments ?

And the most importend:
Will this Zebra(lette) 3 thingy be userfriendly for musicans or is it for scientific purposes ?

In video, Urs says the editor aspect can be relatively simple--or users can dive deeper. I'm for sure going to dive deeper as that editor has me seeing all sorts of possibilities.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Sorry, yes, I'd say it's musical. Excuse my noodling :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9yvGlfI2jo

Return to “u-he”