Send Multiple Tracks Midi over OSC, DrivenByMoss

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! I am trying to send midi notes that tracks are playing over OSC. I see there is a /vkb_midi/note/{0-127}/color OSC channel to listen on with DrivenByMoss. So, I looked at the code and saw the flush() function in MidiModule for the OSC controller. It seems like that'd be a good/correct place to send out the midi notes a track is playing, but it's not clear how to get them. I also see a handleMidi function implemented in hw controllers and wonder if I should use that to make a callback that stores midi state to then send in flush()? Curious if anyone would know a good way to make this work or if there's an easier way to make this happen. Thanks!

Hello,
This is very interesting. Have you found the solution yet, and What kind of interface will make use of the sent out Midi notes, if i may ask?

And a coding beginner question: how do you actually "look" into drivenbymoss OSC script?
I dont even know how to look at it. All i know to do is opening a "js" file controller extension in an editor, but with the huge drivenbymoss "bwextension" file i m lost, dont even know how to open it, haha.
I m missing some Functions in the OSC script, and would love to be able to add them, but i fail at the base level. :hihi:

Really sorry that my post only adds questions, and no answer to yours..
I think mr. Mossgraber might help you if you put your question in his Forum.
Concerning my beginner questions, i only know there’s his api youtube videos, but i didnt find how to open his bwextension there.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

flydecahedron wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:28 am Hello! I am trying to send midi notes that tracks are playing over OSC. I see there is a /vkb_midi/note/{0-127}/color OSC channel to listen on with DrivenByMoss. So, I looked at the code and saw the flush() function in MidiModule for the OSC controller. It seems like that'd be a good/correct place to send out the midi notes a track is playing, but it's not clear how to get them. I also see a handleMidi function implemented in hw controllers and wonder if I should use that to make a callback that stores midi state to then send in flush()? Curious if anyone would know a good way to make this work or if there's an easier way to make this happen. Thanks!
to get the playing notes...

Check out the Controller API reference. In the Channel class, look for addNoteObserver(). Stuff you need is there. I'm not sure what the best approach is to solve your problem. You could modify the moss extension but I suspect that would be difficult without a very strong grasp of Java and understanding of the extension.

You could also write your own that just does the note observer stuff. I'd start with that and if you find yourself needing to integrate with the moss one then at least you have some working code and then can make it fit into a different framework.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

Return to “Controller Scripting”