Analog Stage immediately crashes Cakewalk

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using the VST3 x64 version of AnalogStage. Installed it into Cakewalk, and it immediately crashes Cakewalk as soon as I try to open it as a plugin. Uninstalled AnalogStage. Then completely downloaded and reinstalled it again. Same result. Anyone else seeing this problem?
John Volanski
Author of THE Book on Home Studio Recording
Visit www.soundrecordingadvice.com

Hi could you please let me know the sample rate and buffer size you are using?

Thank you
Saverio

Oh! Very interesting results, Saverio!

First, I tried running this 24bit/48kHz Cakewalk project with a buffer size of 100.0mS/4801 samples. That is the maximum value I can set it at. (Using the Emu 1820m as the interface.) As soon as I load AnalogStage into the FX box, Cakewalk crashes. Not just locks up, but completely disappears off the screen! Gone!

Opened Cakewalk back up and loaded that same project again, but this time I changed the buffer size down to 5mS/240 samples. I load AnalogStage into the FX box of the same track, and it works just fine! No crashes.

Then I decided to try to change the buffer size back up to 100.0mS/4801 samples *while I had the working AnalogStage installed into that track*. As soon as I changed the buffer size up to 100mS/4801 samples, Cakewalk crashes and disappears from the screen.
John Volanski
Author of THE Book on Home Studio Recording
Visit www.soundrecordingadvice.com

This is because Analog Stage probably has a fixed maximum buffer size of 8192 samples (I'm not sure i would need to check the code) and with oversampling and large buffer size you may go past that limit.

Thank you for helping us identifying the issue

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”