FR... Linkwitz-Riley crossover

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a possibility of maybe getting a clean crossover module added?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkwitz% ... ley_filter
It would really make my best use scenario for MUX possible...
Thanks in advance for any consideration...
Cheers... V.

+1

You can build a Linkitz-Riley filter yourself by using one or more of Mulabs Multi Mode Filter modules connected in series.
The Mulab Multi Mode Filter is an SVF (State Variable Filter) and the same as used in Linkwitz-Riley filters.
Here are the resonance (Q) settings for the first few LR filters:

Linkwitz-Riley Order | Q 1st MMF | Q 2nd MMF | Q 3rd MMF | Q 4th MMF
2 | 0.5
4 | 0.71 | 0.71
8 | 0.54 | 1.31 | 0.54 | 1.31

Note1: LR filters are always based on second order filters. So there are no 1st or 3rd order filters.
Note2: Set the frequency of all filters in your chain to the same value.
Note3: By changing the Q values you can easily achieve Butterworth filters as well. Bessel filters would also need an adjustment of the frquencies. But they all use the same SVF filter as provided in Mulab.
Note 4: Works with lowpass as well as highpass. Just use the same Q values for both variants.

Attached a 2 way crossover. Please note the multiple outputs of that MUX.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AndreasD wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:21 pm You can build a Linkitz-Riley filter yourself by using one or more of Mulabs Multi Mode Filter modules connected in series.
The Mulab Multi Mode Filter is an SVF (State Variable Filter) and the same as used in Linkwitz-Riley filters.
Here are the resonance (Q) settings for the first few LR filters:

Linkwitz-Riley Order | Q 1st MMF | Q 2nd MMF | Q 3rd MMF | Q 4th MMF
2 | 0.5
4 | 0.71 | 0.71
8 | 0.54 | 1.31 | 0.54 | 1.31

Note1: LR filters are always based on second order filters. So there are no 1st or 3rd order filters.
Note2: Set the frequency of all filters in your chain to the same value.
Note3: By changing the Q values you can easily achieve Butterworth filters as well. Bessel filters would also need an adjustment of the frquencies. But they all use the same SVF filter as provided in Mulab.
Note 4: Works with lowpass as well as highpass. Just use the same Q values for both variants.

Attached a 2 way crossover. Please note the multiple outputs of that MUX.
First of all... I'm lame at not grasping this earlier, 2nd I'm lamer for not thanking you sooner (sorry) and 3rd... I am fumbling my way through this and will hopefully be able to show something worth your efforts soon... Am VERY busy and trying to get it through my thick head is kinda hard for me... But again... THANK YOU... I'm WAY too late on this but hope you get it.

Cheers... D.

Return to “MUTOOLS”