Scroll moves Playhead

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On the Measure bar at the top of the Timeline, it would be useful to be able to use the Scroll Wheel to move the Playhead quickly. The back and forward buttons have a delay.

sl23 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:50 pm On the Measure bar at the top of the Timeline, it would be useful to be able to use the Scroll Wheel to move the Playhead quickly. The back and forward buttons have a delay.
That delay is intentional to quantize playback. It's similar to how Live and Bitwig handle playback :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Would still like the option to scroll playhead as those back buttons are seriously annoying!

I'm curious, actually. When you say scroll, do you mean between markers or between visible measure indicators? Or do you mean a proper scrub?

I ask because that's not a common feature in any DAW. Jumping between markers is common, but scrubbing isn't very common. In audio editors it's common, but not in MIDI/event based DAWs.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is a bad feature. Just an uncommon one :)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I suppose like a scrub.

dakkra wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:00 pm I'm curious, actually. When you say scroll, do you mean between markers or between visible measure indicators? Or do you mean a proper scrub?

I ask because that's not a common feature in any DAW. Jumping between markers is common, but scrubbing isn't very common. In audio editors it's common, but not in MIDI/event based DAWs.

To be clear, I'm not saying this is a bad feature. Just an uncommon one :)
I agree that it's a uncommon feature - in most DAWs, when the cursor is on the measure bar, the mouse wheel is used to zoom in/out the timeline view or to scroll the timeline left/right. The jog wheel controller could be a good solution (if MuLab supports it).

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Contour ... 017555-000

Lol I find it funny how everyone compares MuLab to other DAW's yet, from the beginning, it was designed to be different, with ease of use it's core concept. Every FR I have asked for has been to this end. Seems things have changed?!

Also, I'll try it out later, but as far as I remember, Muzys was very quick at moving the playhead.

Thanks Robert, but the last thing I need is more midi controllers! Lol
I currently have an akai mpk mini plus, arturia beat step pro, SP-404 Mk2, and my 'studio' is in front of my living room TV! Not enough room for what I have, let alone adding to it! But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”