Is there someone that can write a script for launchpad custom mode with led feedback (payed)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there someone that can write a script for launchpad custom mode with led feedback (payed)

I,m struggling really hard to get into Bitwig and I,m stuck on the most basic point to get stuck on. Mapping midi CC buttons bi directional (with feedback on the leds) After lots of research, questions and try outs of many different scripts I finally come to the conclusion that the only way to make it work is to get a custom script. (very strange because in every other major Daw this is not an issue, and verry simple to make it work out of the box…….. why Mister/Misses Bitwig?)

So, is there someone ho can make me a script so I can use the Custom mode on launchpad X and mini ( MK3) without restriction and full feedback on the midi leds;

I want to map all the buttons of the custom mode (8x64) and use them with midi CC, PGM on different midi channels (1-16). I also want to use the different faders in the custom mode (also with bi directional feedback). So basically use the full potential of the custom modes with bi directional connection. So I can simply map buttons to parameters in Bitwig.

I would be verry Nice if I can use still all the other functions of the Launchpad but if this is not possible I will let this go as long as I have full use of custom mode.

The original Bitwig script for Launchpad has nu support for Bi directional communication (leds) in custom mode. I tried different alternative’s but the all do no support led feedback.

I,m am willing to pay for the script as long as it works 100% precent accordingly my description. I have no experience with script writing and have no clue how much time this will take and what a reasonable price is for this work, but we can talk this over, I think I am willing to pay 100,- euro’s or so, but again, I have no idea if this is reasonable
So I hope some one can help me out here,

The DrivenByMoss script for launchpad is very good. Have you tried it?

If you want to map the pads by yourself it should be possible with the generic flexi script.

Qsonic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:37 am Is there someone that can write a script for launchpad custom mode with led feedback (payed)

I,m struggling really hard to get into Bitwig and I,m stuck on the most basic point to get stuck on. Mapping midi CC buttons bi directional (with feedback on the leds) After lots of research, questions and try outs of many different scripts I finally come to the conclusion that the only way to make it work is to get a custom script. (very strange because in every other major Daw this is not an issue, and verry simple to make it work out of the box…….. why Mister/Misses Bitwig?)

So, is there someone ho can make me a script so I can use the Custom mode on launchpad X and mini ( MK3) without restriction and full feedback on the midi leds;

I want to map all the buttons of the custom mode (8x64) and use them with midi CC, PGM on different midi channels (1-16). I also want to use the different faders in the custom mode (also with bi directional feedback). So basically use the full potential of the custom modes with bi directional connection. So I can simply map buttons to parameters in Bitwig.

I would be verry Nice if I can use still all the other functions of the Launchpad but if this is not possible I will let this go as long as I have full use of custom mode.

The original Bitwig script for Launchpad has nu support for Bi directional communication (leds) in custom mode. I tried different alternative’s but the all do no support led feedback.

I,m am willing to pay for the script as long as it works 100% precent accordingly my description. I have no experience with script writing and have no clue how much time this will take and what a reasonable price is for this work, but we can talk this over, I think I am willing to pay 100,- euro’s or so, but again, I have no idea if this is reasonable
So I hope some one can help me out here,
I feel your frustration.

I think what is needed is some sort of generic extension for bi-directional support. Something where you could define the controller in and data out.

I am constantly running into Bitwig users with the bi-directional issue and would love create a solution for it even if its technical, like defining a big json that will define all the bi-directional communication.

As its stands in 2023 it is very difficult to make a NOTE ON/NOTE OFF button with bi-directional feedback in User Controls. User Controls is a concept in the API for doing the Controller Mapping in the mapping pane but if its all cc there are workarounds by getting the HardwareKnob and its value to figure out what to send back to the controller.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

What I don’t understand is that on the website of Bitwig they say;

Hardware Integration
Hardware integration is a large part of what makes Bitwig Studio unique. MIDI handling, note timing, and latency compensation are aspects of this. Other prominent features include MIDI Clock Sync and Ableton LINK. But where Bitwig Studio really stands out is our collection of hardware integration devices.

In my experience it is the opposite !!!. There is complete lack of basic functions. I have seen beautiful scripts, but all prefab, no freedom in using the controller or verry limited and complex mapping.

What happened to click click (sometimes a litte, more than two) and mapped……..

For now I am going further. Coming From Studio One going into Ableton. It was a hard landing but I found my way and made me a beautiful live recording and music making machine.

Many thanks to all users for you’re help in all the topics that I started. Good luck to you all,…… and make some funky music 😉

Qsonic wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:00 pm What I don’t understand is that on the website of Bitwig they say;

Hardware Integration
Hardware integration is a large part of what makes Bitwig Studio unique. MIDI handling, note timing, and latency compensation are aspects of this. Other prominent features include MIDI Clock Sync and Ableton LINK. But where Bitwig Studio really stands out is our collection of hardware integration devices.

In my experience it is the opposite !!!. There is complete lack of basic functions. I have seen beautiful scripts, but all prefab, no freedom in using the controller or verry limited and complex mapping.

What happened to click click (sometimes a litte, more than two) and mapped……..

For now I am going further. Coming From Studio One going into Ableton. It was a hard landing but I found my way and made me a beautiful live recording and music making machine.

Many thanks to all users for you’re help in all the topics that I started. Good luck to you all,…… and make some funky music 😉
i disagree heavily about bitwig lacking integration. We got the api which is fairly advanced and gives you a lot of room to move if you need it. and the extension community has grown and we've got all kinds of great versions to work with.

That paragraph you mention is about the Hardware Devices for routing FX externally or external synths or Modular CV. And Bitwig imo does stand out here.

its a good question for bitwig. The novation launchpad is a very customizable device. you'd want different extensions based on expectations. Having a generic bi-directional controller extension that you can user control map would be useful for your case.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

I think it will be a great help for me and many others!...... I,am patient, one day it will come ;)

I can't recommend Loomer Architect enough for this kind of functionality. It runs standalone or as a VST and can send any kind of midi back and forth to the Launchpad with ease. You can take it as far as you want - from simple triggering of LEDs/CCs/Midi notes etc... to a full blown step sequencer. I went and got three Launchpad mini mk3's after discovering the power of Architect and will probably get some more. It took a month or so of sporadic time over xmas to realise a 16 track, 32 step, 8 patterns per track, 8 CC patterns per track step sequencer. Check it out if you're looking for a way to do bi-directional stuff in the most flexible way. ;)

cmnl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:03 pm ... a full blown step sequencer. I went and got three Launchpad mini mk3's after discovering the power of Architect and will probably get some more.
Oh wow, I would love to see how you did that, care to explain ? :)

I tried Architect a long time ago but it didn't click because I remember there wasn't even presets to show some examples. But now I would like to give it a second try.

1279a2cc-1252-4ba3-86e6-c4e4fcb90999.jpeg
trostiflex wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:42 am Oh wow, I would love to see how you did that, care to explain ? :)

I tried Architect a long time ago but it didn't click because I remember there wasn't even presets to show some examples. But now I would like to give it a second try.
Sure, I can do my best.

Architect comes with some pretty advanced mono/poly step-sequencers out of the box so it makes life much easier if you're aiming to use a midi controller like the Launchpad to control them.

The sequencers have all kinds of inputs that let you control the triggers (steps on/off), gates, pitches, note speeds, probabilities, swing, direction etc...lots of them. These usually receive either an array of integers - like ones/zeros in the case of steps - or just an integer value to set the play direction for example.

With all of these inputs and combined with the built-in Lua script modules you can utilize the Launchpad to send any midi-note on or CC message to interact with the sequencers.

A very basic example would be using a Midi input module with the Launchpad as the source - wiring it to a Lua Scripts inputs and then writing code so that when CC11 is received from the Launchpad - it will send an integer like '0' on first press and '1' on the next (toggle) to the direction input of the sequencer. This would switch between forwards and backwards. Of course this is a very basic example and since there are many more directions available like forwards, reverse, random, pendulum, backwards pendulum, brownian etc.... it becomes much more useful to create pages or modes on the Launchpad so that you can access more properties.

In my case, I used the top 32 pads to show the cursor and steps and the bottom 32 pads to display different pages of controls. Using the extra top row pads and side row pads it's possible to switch between the different pages and modes. I went with having a track transport page, track select page, pattern select page, note edit page, swing edit page and CC pattern page. I used the arrow buttons to rotate the current pattern left/right or the pattern and all the 8 cc patterns for a track left/right. Up and down to adjust all step pitches.

To edit individual steps (velocity, gate, speed, pitch) I decided to use one pad to go into 'note-select-mode'. Once pressed you can press any/all steps to select which will be edited. It's possible to copy/paste individual notes or entire patterns.

The launchpad - once in programmer mode can receive either Midi note-ons / Midi CC's or SysEx messages to change the color or state of any LED. They can be set to be a static colour/pulsing or flashing between two colours. This provides enough choice to make quite an intuitive UI.

I'm not sure where you would be starting from if you wanted to go this way but I'd be happy to help in any way I can. :)

Unfortunately - I couldn't find a way to upload a short video to them running
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cmnl wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:03 pm I can't recommend Loomer Architect enough for this kind of functionality. It runs standalone or as a VST and can send any kind of midi back and forth to the Launchpad with ease. You can take it as far as you want - from simple triggering of LEDs/CCs/Midi notes etc... to a full blown step sequencer. I went and got three Launchpad mini mk3's after discovering the power of Architect and will probably get some more. It took a month or so of sporadic time over xmas to realise a 16 track, 32 step, 8 patterns per track, 8 CC patterns per track step sequencer. Check it out if you're looking for a way to do bi-directional stuff in the most flexible way. ;)
Interesting. Does this work with the Linnstrument as well?

enCiphered wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:46 pm
Interesting. Does this work with the Linnstrument as well?
If the Linnstrument is a midi controller that can send/receive midi and can have it's 'lights' controlled like that then I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Architect is a midi toolkit that can speak to pretty much anything in that respect. However, the script that I have written is specifically for the Launchpad. ;)

cmnl wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:39 pm Sure, I can do my best.
Thank you very much for all this knowledge, that is very interesting. I'm gonna dive in and study all of this.

Return to “Controller Scripting”