Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement (Revision 15573)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

Ok, taking the resolution down to 200Hz seems to have fixed it, I guess that high resolutions can overload the generation / processing of the oscillator?

Just started it for the first time and it gave me an error message to close the software and that Cubase 12 Pro might be unstable now. After I restarted the Potis and Faders wouldn't work. After another restart they started working.
BUT: Holy cow. All this by one Oscillator? I mean, there is a supersaw sound in there that usually needs 7...

fabienaurejac wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 pm Were you answering to my question, I guess yes...
I'm on firmware 1.4.4 (last one) and cannot find these options inside ext midi.
I'm quite sure I've scrolled thru all options.
They have always been there.

See pages 42 & 43 of the manual. https://expressive-e.s3.amazonaws.com/C ... ual_EN.pdf

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:41 pm Anyone else want to see a ZL3 Preset sharing thread? Or just me? ;)
You can post them in the tips & tricks thread. :wink:
Or just create a dedicated presets thread, that'd be cool as well.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

fabienaurejac wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 pm I'm on firmware 1.4.4 (last one) and cannot find these options inside ext midi.
Those options have been there since release, in ext midi, in the config tab on the left side, it has a single sub menu named 'type', and it contains a list of the types of keyboard that you can set the Osmose to.
Looks like this (click on link):

image of ext midi menu

Cheers

Feature suggestion:

When I open the Editor, could be useful to have the middle modulation section become available as a 3rd tab along with keys/mod matrix.

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:16 pm
fabienaurejac wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 pm I'm on firmware 1.4.4 (last one) and cannot find these options inside ext midi.
Those options have been there since release, in ext midi, in the config tab on the left side, it has a single sub menu named 'type', and it contains a list of the types of keyboard that you can set the Osmose to.
Looks like this (click on link):

image of ext midi menu

Cheers
Thanks, I was mistaking, my sister in law found how to click to access to ext midi (I was clicking on the wrong button :clap: )

It would be nice to figure out a way to place a handle on top of another without this weird switch-a-roo thing that happens that changes the behavior of the morph. It was a problem in Zebra 2 as well. You still have to zoom WAY in and place the nodes as close as you possibly can without merging them. Perhaps an optional editing mode that remembers where handles were before they were merged.

Or maybe a mode that basically just snaps handles super close together on a grid line without merging them.
Last edited by Sound Author on Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm thinking about extending the Point-By-Point mode in such way that every Point can count "as if it was 2 or more points". Such that all morphs of Z2 are possible where people usually drop multiple points on top of each other. The issue here is that in-between segments would probably have to be linear. Or maybe there could be a selection as to what kind of style they should follow. I'll experiment with that, but I'll first have to do a lot of other things.

There is a lot of potential for future additions in terms of tools, morphing strategies and all sorts of things. I guess we'll be busy for years to come :-)

What an epic freebie Urs, and what a masterclass in learning discipline in sound design. With Zebralette 3 I am less than three seconds away from inventing a new form of digital noise. Thanks for giving this much freedom with designing oscillator waveforms.

If this is a taster of what's to come in Z3 I wonder how heavy it will be on the CPU. I have a fairly powerful M2 megaultra-something and I could easily make it go on its knees with ZL3. Again, excellent job to you and the team. Oh... you think Z3 will be able to load ZL3 preset files?
BROKEN TECHNO for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

There are now several offerings of the « spectral / additive » oscillator but ZL3 is the first one that I « click » with ! Thank you !
Understanding the different concepts on « transforming » waves on partials and or phase is key to designing sounds (happy accidents welcomed ofc). Would you say « spectral distorsion » affects pitch of partials whereas « spectral fx » affects amplitude of partials ?
Also, while I understand that drawing your own curves plays a big part of the fun, having some « curve presets » would nice.

Hi.
Suppose I wanted to shape with Zebralette a sound of a sound I recorded, which kind of "spectral or oscilloscop" view I should get inspired from ? I mean, what analysis of my sound should I draw in the spline editor, and is it, in thr first place, a good way to create a sound from what I'm earing ? (I don't suppose there is a simple wav import tool ?)

If the sample isn't too long, just drag it onto the large editor. There are some cryptic options popping up, and it may take a few minutes. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:06 am If the sample isn't too long, just drag it onto the large editor. There are some cryptic options popping up, and it may take a few minutes. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't.
Is it a feature not available on Linux ? It doesn't work. (arch, Bitwig). Is there an import menu to workaround the non working drag and drop ?

Return to “u-he”