not able to automate tempo in Bitwig... EDIT: Solved!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know I've done this before and it seemed fairly straight forward, but I'm not able to make this work in version 5.0.11. I'm using the tempo parameter on the master track. I tried it with Midi and with audio. I can draw the curve in and the tempo dial in the parameter automation lane turns, but the tempo in unaffected. Would love some ideas, or if you can test it out and confirm that it does or does not work would be most helpful.

Thank you!

Greg
Last edited by killmaster on Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:03 pm I know I've done this before and it seemed fairly straight forward, but I'm not able to make this work in version 5.0.11. I'm using the tempo parameter on the master track. I tried it with Midi and with audio. I can draw the curve in and the tempo dial in the parameter automation lane turns, but the tempo in unaffected. Would love some ideas, or if you can test it out and confirm that it does or does not work would be most helpful.

Thank you!

Greg
If you are automating tempo in Arrange, make sure the Master track is focused on Arrange and not the Clip Launcher.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:26 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:03 pm I know I've done this before and it seemed fairly straight forward, but I'm not able to make this work in version 5.0.11. I'm using the tempo parameter on the master track. I tried it with Midi and with audio. I can draw the curve in and the tempo dial in the parameter automation lane turns, but the tempo in unaffected. Would love some ideas, or if you can test it out and confirm that it does or does not work would be most helpful.

Thank you!

Greg
If you are automating tempo in Arrange, make sure the Master track is focused on Arrange and not the Clip Launcher.
That is a great idea and was sure that would be the issue, but it isn't. I moved things to arranger and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the idea though!

killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:40 pm That is a great idea and was sure that would be the issue, but it isn't. I moved things to arranger and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the idea though!
Hmm... I'm using 5.1, but I remember automating tempo in 5.0. Check up at the top... just above the metronome icon. If the Restore Automation Control icon is green, click it.

I am using MY "generall Master-CLIPS (with special BPM i can set for each project/clip separatly) " on special points in ARRANGMENT not a generall AUTOMATION-Timeline... and than modulate/automate JUST this CLIP not the whole timeline... and after such TIME_STunts... CLIP-in the "current NORMAL BPM clip---

pdxindy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:48 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:40 pm That is a great idea and was sure that would be the issue, but it isn't. I moved things to arranger and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the idea though!
Hmm... I'm using 5.1, but I remember automating tempo in 5.0. Check up at the top... just above the metronome icon. If the Restore Automation Control icon is green, click it.
Thanks, it is not green. Good thought though. hmmm. I'm stumped.

harmoney wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:06 pm I am using MY "generall Master-CLIPS (with special BPM i can set for each project/clip separatly) " on special points in ARRANGMENT not a generall AUTOMATION-Timeline... and than modulate/automate JUST this CLIP not the whole timeline... and after such TIME_STunts... CLIP-in the "current NORMAL BPM clip---
Not 100% sure what you mean. I did try putting a clip on the master track and and doing clip automation of the tempo as well and that didn't work.

It's weird that I see the tempo parameter in the master track being modulated with the automation, but the project tempo remains static.

killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm It's weird that I see the tempo parameter in the master track being modulated with the automation, but the project tempo remains static.
Try closing Bitwig and then making a new project with nothing in it and automating tempo in Arrange.

I wrote Bitwig about it and they wrote me back right away and suggested I look at the MIDI Clock setting, and that was it!
I left Ableton Link turned on accidentally and though I would not have thought it would override the tempo automation, it does! Problem solved!! MIDI clock sync method would also override the tempo automation.

killmaster wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:13 pm I wrote Bitwig about it and they wrote me back right away and suggested I look at the MIDI Clock setting, and that was it!
I left Ableton Link turned on accidentally and though I would not have thought it would override the tempo automation, it does! Problem solved!! MIDI clock sync method would also override the tempo automation.
Good to know! Thanks for posting :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”