How to find them.....

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all.

Warm days are coming here in Germany, very slowly:)
Time for a now approach for the future.

Making music for movies is a dream I have all my life.
But how to find people or producers that need music and are looking for a composer.

I am sure here is on or the other who has experience regarding this point.

What can I do to find them?

I would like to have some help.

All the best for you.

classic

That's usually done through the higher education years. Networking is also the function of the education. If you can understudy with a reputable composer. They often look for arrangers for sectional work.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

if possible, i would use ai to remove the soundtrack of a famous movie
for example, the bladerunner movie
i would need permission
i would then make my own soundtrack for that movie
if my replacement soundtrack is "really good",
i would then show it to whomever i asked permission from

can artificial intelligence software even remove movie soundtracks?

also, can ai remove vocals from songs?
i want to hear led zeppelin without the vocals
maybe led zeppelin won't be as good without it
and i can then begin to appreciate robert plant
wait a sec, i already do
he is an underrated songwriter
makes great melodies and lyrics
sings like janis joplin though
aarrgghh

what was the question again?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Good idea:)

I met the film maker I collaborate with on a regular basis at a rave/party in a Northumberland castle. We've since made several short films and music vids. I'm his go-to sound guy, and he often uses my music in his own work too. We are currently planning a feature length movie if/when we can get some funding. So get out there. Go to gigs & parties and talk to interesting looking people. I've met many of my musical collaborators the same way. Good luck.

If you you have example, demo content, why not look up who is submitting content to different film festivals and then see if you can’t submit your examples to them… IF you think you match with their style.

To find names, check IMDb, or just look up a trailer and pause on the credits block. You’re looking for producers, directors and actors. They can often switch up roles depending on projects.

For the non-famous, they will likely be accessible and you can often find them via social media if nothing else.

Slide into their DMs and with a hey, it would be great to work with you…. Bla, bla, bla… why you think it’d be a good match (keep it short) and definitely have links to your music that you think would be appropriate

Just a reminder, for anyone else reading, it’s unlikely someone will trust their pet projects to someone who doesn’t have anything to demonstrate what they say they can do.

There are many different levels of film making, and often you’ll find even the smallest of budget films cost more than the gear and software collection you have access to. Sometimes the camera alone is more than some will earn in a year, so why would they work with you??? Demo content is important.

Don't be averse to volunteering at kids' film events. We have a local film making group who put on kids' film making classes every month or so. Some of the volunteers are actually pros and they'll sometimes have guests who are even more pro :)

BTW Remember to read back through Paul Farrer's columns in SOS.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”