Bugs Fixed before W13

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi, y'all who complained about bugs in W12, especially the EQ bug, Waveform 12.5.14 Beta has been released. Please test it out and give feedback to help the small developers (2, sometimes 3) who are holding up the DAW for us. It seems we will be getting a bug-fixed version 12 before 13, so those who bought 12 wouldn't be left hanging on to bugs.

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=12 (https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downloadable-archive?v=12)

Hello.
To help them? It's not a beta test, it's their job and they got money for this. They just show activity before the next release. So, prepare wallet for W13.
I just can't understand why Waveform costs more than Reaper.

beta 12.5.16 is already available
and it doesn't cost as much as Reaper, so it's their business how much it should cost and ours to buy it or not.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

imstre wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:26 am beta 12.5.16 is already available
and it doesn't cost as much as Reaper, so it's their business how much it should cost and ours to buy it or not.
To be or not to be - it's a good question actually :)
But respected businessman is responsible for his product. You know, a good restaurant cares about its customers.

[/quote]
But respected businessman is responsible for his product. You know, a good restaurant cares about its customers.
[/quote]
:hihi: do you want to say that if you work with waveform, you won't eat in a restaurant? )))))

Vollofi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:54 am Hello.
To help them? It's not a beta test, it's their job and they got money for this. They just show activity before the next release. So, prepare wallet for W13.
no.

there are a million different hardware set ups out there and they don't all behave the same. if you want to stick around and use the software, you have to help with this stuff. we all do. long-term users understand this. the periods when we don't hear so much from them are when they're busy writing the new release. it's always that way and it always will be that way.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I think Waveform would benefit from having a pre-release discussion forum like Reaper.
https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Reaper only has 2 developers.

jabe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:15 am
no.

there are a million different hardware set ups out there and they don't all behave the same. if you want to stick around and use the software, you have to help with this stuff. we all do. long-term users understand this. the periods when we don't hear so much from them are when they're busy writing the new release. it's always that way and it always will be that way.
Sorry, can't agree.
I was dissapointed with the official support and their bugfixing work.
As a customer, I prefer to switch to another DAW: long-term producers just want to use a tool for the job, not something in lifetime beta test.
I'd like to use a stable stuff like Reaper and to think just about my music, not about issues.

It's cool we have different opinions, let's continue friendly discussion :)

imstre wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:25 pm
[/quote]
:hihi: do you want to say that if you work with waveform, you won't eat in a restaurant? )))))
[/quote]

I want to invite you to another restaurant because at restaurant "Waveform" they spit in the soup

[/quote]
I want to invite you to another restaurant because at restaurant "Waveform" they spit in the soup
[/quote]
Great! Let's go :clap: :party:

Vollofi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:32 pm
jabe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:15 am
no.

Sorry, can't agree.
I was dissapointed with the official support and their bugfixing work.
As a customer, I prefer to switch to another DAW: long-term producers just want to use a tool for the job, not something in lifetime beta test.
I'd like to use a stable stuff like Reaper and to think just about my music, not about issues.

It's cool we have different opinions, let's continue friendly discussion :)
It is indeed your right to choose and to disagree. An important point for some of us is that Mackie bought Tracktion after version 2 (note: it may have been after version 1; I need to check), put out version 3, and then just left it for several years. It was effectively what has been called abandonware. Version 2 was released in 2005; not sure what year Mackie released version 3 (probably 2006 0r 2007), but in around 2012 Jules bought his baby back from Mackie and released version 4 in January 2013. Mackie put out one new version in an eight year period. Many users, including me, were just relieved that it was going to be developed again and we're prepared to give it some leaway.

There are users who do beta testing, and I appreciate their efforts, but they can't always catch everything. Even the manuals were written by a user. This forum is pretty much the support, and at least users get to find out whether anyone else has had the same problem and, hopefully, how they got past it. There is a thread somewhere on the site where I had a several-day discussion with the devs as they made tweaks and I did tests and made suggestions so that we could fix a particular problem. Perhaps it's partly due to my background in IT, but I am prepared to help with bug fixing and it's a language I talk. And I like investigating, which may be unusual. It's not unusual for problems to arrive due to plug-in developers ignoring standards or due to issues with Juce, which Waveform is based on.

The DAW would have been a small part of Mackie, like, say, Cubase (where I felt like I was drowning in a menu swamp) is a small part of Steinberg. Tracktion is a tiny company and I want it to keep going.

I do have other software, including Melodyne, which is more like magic than software, and more recently RipX, which I have yet to tame but currently feels like there is too much on the screen. Even Audacity allows stem separation now.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

In version 10, waveform "Tracktion.showPluginSelector" worked correctly
it shows what vst you used last.
and in version 11 and 12 it is not like that, is this a mistake or what?

jabe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:58 pm An important point for some of us is that Mackie bought Tracktion after version 2 (note: it may have been after version 1; I need to check), put out version 3, and then just left it for several years.
Mackie indeed released Tracktion 2 and 3.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “Tracktion”