Linux builds overview (2024-02-16)

We have just posted the first public preview of Filterscape 1.5.0, revision 14785.
The first post of this thread has been updated accordingly.

Here are a few things specific to Linux that changed in this version:

* MTS-ESP support added to Linux
* Fixed: Preset overwrite dialog was not showing up
* Fixed: Default Author was set to preset name
* Fixed: Auto versioning feature wasn't working
* Fixed: Right-click preset selection frame wasn't disappearing
* Fixed: Input field was empty when editing preset search result
* Fixed: Double-click on menus could lead to crash
* Fixed: Dialogs always opened at left edge of the screen
* Fixed: Dialogs could be opened multiple times

More details and discussion of this beta can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=599959
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Updated the first post with a link to the first release candidate for Filterscape 1.5.
For discussion about the RC, please visit viewtopic.php?t=600414.

I just want to thank u-he for providing high-quality Linux VSTs! I probably wouldn't have tried Zebra, Hive, Satin, Presswerk and others otherwise, but I'm glad I did—they are all so much better than the plugins I'd been using on Windows. Even splitting my time between Linux and Windows again, they are still the only third-party plugins I really use on either OS.

Updated the first post with links to Filterscape 1.5 RC2 and Diva 1.4.6 RC1, both revision 15011.

For more info and discussion, please check viewtopic.php?t=601157

Updated the first post with links to MPE betas for ACE, Bazille and Hive.
Full discussion of the MPE betas can be followed here:
viewtopic.php?t=603439

The recent problems with the registration dialog in some Linux distributions have hopefully been fixed, so these betas should not suffer from that issue.

Awesome!! Thank you! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:53 pm The recent problems with the registration dialog in some Linux distributions have hopefully been fixed, so these betas should not suffer from that issue.
BTW I've just found that the 15017 clap version of Diva on my Ubuntu with XFCE also couldn't save presets. I've installed the beta and it's now fixed. (Just in case anyone else has the same issue)

MTS-ESP support works well in Diva and Filtercape. Looking forward to Hive (particularly), Repro and Zebra2 (hopefully).

I have added a link to the first public beta of Zebralette 3 to the first post.
General discussion about the beta can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=607153

About the sound...I figured it would be better than all that paltry old stuff :wink: ...but it's crazily, absurdly, and ridiculously better. It's like there was this huge gravity-fed filter, where you pour in all the settings, and only things that are better than world-class make it through.
:hyper: :party: :hyper:

You'll need to rethink the whole concept of soundbanks and presets. The current status-quo, in terms of sound categories and numbers of presets, of which you are among the leaders, will be woefully inadequate to do Zebra 3 justice. Based on what I've heard, given some additional genious sound designers, and out-of-the-box sales strategy, the big sample-based tools could take a severe beating in the marketplace. The boss might wind up buying that beach he's lolling around on, and work remotely for the duration...and deservedly so 8)

In the meantime, after a soft landing back on earth, the continued use of dull-contrast and microprint font size in preset managers and gui, really is annoying. Neither trait is helpful nor necessary.
Cheers

Zebralette's.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's a pic showing the difference between the gui of the windows and linux versions, the linux colors are a bit dull, and the font is smaller and with less contrast. Hence my whiny comment above :(

Today I installed the windows version in wine, and happily it is more what I would expect regarding contrast and text size. But at 70% or 80% scaling, the fonts are still tiny compared to the ocean of empty space between the columns.
Mi dos centavos.

Zlette-Win-gui-vs-Linux-gui.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Would it be ok for you to post your Zebralette feedback in one of the official Zebralette beta threads?
It gets a bit hard to keep track of everything when things are also posted in unrelated threads. :wink:

I doubt I'll have anything to say beyond this obvious sighting, I just play sounds, and others with the desire to know the math and science that make them so wonderful
will have plenty to say. Got a good start on some new tunes 8)
Cheers

Satin 1.3.3 and Filterscape 1.5.1 release candidates are now available and can be found in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=607914

Satin 1.3.3 and Filterscape 1.5.1 updates are now officially released and available through their product pages.

Return to “u-he Linux support”