Scanning fails, as there is no timeout...

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It starts scanning, but get stuck early. Instead of skipping a not responding plugin after a while, it simply stops. After terminating it went on with CLAP and crashed:
Crashreport KVR Manager.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The new 0.1.7.2 has some fixes for CLAP scanner crashes. Could you give that a try and let me know if the crash is fixed.

Hey, love it, some issues with crashes. It crashes during a VST3 scan a couple of times, but I can ignore and it carries on. When I first installed, it scanned for Clap OK. I updated a few. Now a scan crashes for all Clap scans. Tried an uninstall and re-intall, but still crashing on Clap scans unfortunately. Mac M1 Ventura 13.6.6

If I remove these from the Clap folder, it doesn't Crash:

Cardinal.clap
CardinalFX.clap
CardinalSynth.clap

From this build Cardinal-macOS-universal-10.15-23.10

I tried reverting to earlier releases like Cardinal-macOS-universal-10.15-23.07 but same issue.

Especially crashes for CLAP are strange, as I understood, its not necessary to load a CLAP plugin at all, as all info you need should be in its meta data… You should be able to create a blasting fast CLAP scanner by only reading the meta data… It should be able to scan 100 CLAP plugins in the time of scanning a single VST plugin…

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”