Tone2 Intros Icarus3, “The Most Powerful Synthesizer Available”

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agreed. Been my go-to for quite some time

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:15 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:40 am I’m excited for Icarus 3, but “most powerful synthesizer ever?” I’m not even sure it’s the most powerful synthesizer from Tone2.
As the most powerful synthesizer id say it is quite lacking unison and cross mod.
What do you mean by cross-mod? It has FM and AM/RM between oscillators! There is also Filter FM (no ratio adjustment) and AM/RM Filter types that can mimic filter FM! Oh, and the additive modes can do Prophet-style FM tones with sine or triangle waves very well.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just being sarcastic.

But it's hard to tell these days if someone is being sarcastic or is just woefully uninformed. :shrug:

Just in case here are some of the Unison options in Icarus 3:

Icarus 3 041324-1.png
Icarus 3 041324-7.png
Icarus 3 041324-3.png
Icarus 3 041324-4.png
Icarus 3 041324-5.png

And here are the Osc Modifiers. Each category has multiple options but I won't screenshot all of them.

Icarus 3 041324-6.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:10 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:15 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:40 am I’m excited for Icarus 3, but “most powerful synthesizer ever?” I’m not even sure it’s the most powerful synthesizer from Tone2.
As the most powerful synthesizer id say it is quite lacking unison and cross mod.
What do you mean by cross-mod? It has FM and AM/RM between oscillators! There is also Filter FM (no ratio adjustment) and AM/RM Filter types that can mimic filter FM! Oh, and the additive modes can do Prophet-style FM tones with sine or triangle waves very well.
And it definitely has “unison”. It has more type
of
stacking and detuning and or spreading of oscillators of any synth I’ve ever seen.

Wow looking at that obviously Roland must have designed this plugin, I mean it clearly has Rolands IP and all

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:04 pm Image
Wow looking at that obviously Roland must have designed this plugin, I mean it clearly has Rolands IP and all
Will you give it a f**king rest? If you can't contribute something positive then stay out of the thread.

Get a life, go make some music........ :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:23 pm
Will you give it a f**king rest? If you can't contribute something positive then stay out of the thread.

All I am doing is asking a simple question, why are you attacking me?

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:09 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:23 pm

All I am doing is asking a simple question, why are you attacking me?

There is no question in your (original) post. Stop trolling please

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:09 pm All I am doing is asking a simple question, why are you attacking me?
Because you've already made your point over and over and over in a thread that was locked.
Take the hint and let.... it....go. Capice?

That discussion is best left to lawyers who are experts in international intellectual property rights and how they apply to different form factors (hardware vs software) and not some newbie at KVR who has a pathological need to argue about pointless crap.
IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:09 pmgo make some music
I'm already well into a nice new project this morning that's coming along quite well (and features Icarus 3). I'm just resting my ears for a bit then I'm back at it. You should try it, making music can be quite rewarding. Far more rewarding that wasting time on some pointless argument on the internet. :wink:

fisherKing wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:45 pm it doesn't have to be 'the most' anything. it's just really great, and it's in my 'big 5' plugin group... the synths i use the most.
I’m not suggesting otherwise. I was just poking fun at a bit of marketing hyperbole.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:08 pm Far more rewarding that wasting time on some pointless argument on the internet. :wink:
So why are you the one arguing with me then? You chose to respond to my inquiry, that's on you is it not? Your actions would indicate you don't find it pointless, your actions and lectures would indicate that you want to argue

My post was relevant and on topic as Icarus has Roland's IP inside of it. So naturally it could be assumed that Roland helped to crate the plugin since the developer of Icarus seems to think that people are confused that they helped create another plugin based on knobs, but here we have a Roland product clearly labeled in the actual plugin

The thread you are referencing was closed due to Godwin's Law, and that was not started by myself

Anyway back to making music now, have a great Saturday, I still wonder if Roland helps designing Tone2 plugins since their IP is so prominent

Dupe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:22 pm I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just being sarcastic.

But it's hard to tell these days if someone is being sarcastic or is just woefully uninformed. :shrug:

Just in case here are some of the Unison options in Icarus 3:

Icarus 3 041324-1.png
Icarus 3 041324-7.png
Icarus 3 041324-3.png
Icarus 3 041324-4.png
Icarus 3 041324-5.png

And here are the Osc Modifiers. Each category has multiple options but I won't screenshot all of them.

Icarus 3 041324-6.png
Unison per synth, not oscillator, because it gives different results. Think of Dune, Virus Ti, Phase Plant

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:44 pm So why are you the one arguing with me then?
I'm not arguing with you. I'm telling you to let it go. You've made your point ad nauseam. Enough.

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 pm Unison per synth, not oscillator, because it gives different results. Think of Dune, Virus Ti, Phase Plant
I own DUNE 3 and yes it has Unison Voices along with Osc Unison but there's nothing it can do in regards to Unison that I can't achieve with Icarus 3.

Dune and Icarus have significantly different character but that's subjective. I happen to like both for what they are and they are both in my top 5 most used synths.

Some people like to complain about what isn't while others happily take advantage of what is. It's not hard to guess who is more productive.

I've used several instances of Icarus 3 today all with pleasing unison in different variations so no problem here.

To each his own.... :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”