Who are some plugin creators that focus more on quality than quantity?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JoeCat wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:44 am I'd add Tone2 to this list - they have a decent-sized portfolio now but only because most of these synths have been around for years, and yet are constantly being updated and improved.

I actually only own Nemesis but have been using that so much I haven't purchased the others, but that's a no brainer in the future.

Beside them and a few of the more obvious (u-he, TAL), two of the smaller developers (who've been mentioned I think) would be Madrona Labs and Psychic Modulation, both of home have some really deep niche products.
I recommend Warlock and Icarus. One is a fun little additive synth, and the other is a megasynth that has a dark quality that Serum lacks.

Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:30 am
JoeCat wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:44 am I'd add Tone2 to this list - they have a decent-sized portfolio now but only because most of these synths have been around for years, and yet are constantly being updated and improved.

I actually only own Nemesis but have been using that so much I haven't purchased the others, but that's a no brainer in the future.

Beside them and a few of the more obvious (u-he, TAL), two of the smaller developers (who've been mentioned I think) would be Madrona Labs and Psychic Modulation, both of home have some really deep niche products.
I recommend Warlock and Icarus. One is a fun little additive synth, and the other is a megasynth that has a dark quality that Serum lacks.
I would also recommend these two (the only two I own) I think Warlock gets overlooked because it’s somewhat basic but it sounds amazing and is a lot of fun, the randomized presets it comes up with are really good and make a great starting point for making new patches.

Sonic Charge - Every plugin is both unique and high quality.

U-he - Kind of the benchmark for synthesis, imho.

Fabfilter - My most used plugins by far.

Valhalla - Rarely (if ever) put a foot wrong.

Tokyo Dawn - Ridiculously good and ridiculously good value.

Vengeance
Quantity doesn't not necessarily mean lower quality, Waves, Arturia, Ikmultimedia have a big team that's why they can offer quantity, just like old plugins do not always necessarily need a big upgrade like some Air plugins, Korg or Waves Renaissance, they are still as good today as they were yesterday.

Return to “Instruments”