How much money have you spent on plugins?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far just $200 on V-Collection, lots of stock Logic to use!

While some folks here are talking about buying less plugins, I'm here to start with my first 5 posts just to be able to buy new plugins here. Talk about sarcasm

Way too much.... Half of them I dont even know how to use them properly.

this year, nothing!

Can't muster the courage or time to sum it all up but I feel it's less than $2k. In hindsight, I wish I had selected one single DAW and stayed married to it and its built-ins, maybe with the addition of Soothe which I could not do without. These days there are so many excellent freebies if you want to have some fun playing around.

r_for_rico wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 am While some folks here are talking about buying less plugins, I'm here to start with my first 5 posts just to be able to buy new plugins here. Talk about sarcasm
everything runs in cycles.
we are your future self.
have fun, we did :D

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:56 pm
r_for_rico wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 am While some folks here are talking about buying less plugins, I'm here to start with my first 5 posts just to be able to buy new plugins here. Talk about sarcasm
everything runs in cycles.
we are your future self.
have fun, we did :D
We did? 🤔
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Yes, next week

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

In a way, more like "how much money HAVE YOU SAVED on buying plugins" hahaha

Approximately 1000€ and I've only been doing it for two years as a hobby. It's a rabbit hole and it started so harmless with a 25€ bundle on HumbleBundle. It's an unhealthy addiction, don't fall into that trap. People call it GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

I prefer not to know it.
I feel better.

P.S.: Those were just the plugins. Altogether I've spent around 2,500€ for hardware, DAW, plugins, samples, templates. I know there are people who spend way more but they probably do it for a living, or at least to make some money with it. Not me though. I was shocked when I summed it all up and realised how much I spent. A lot of unnecessary stuff too.

Less than $1,000.

Or maybe just over $1,000.

Disclaimer: NI Komplete is still the most expensive "plugin" I own.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Not much at all, but more than I did at first. Probably less than £1000 over 20+ years.
I've not regretted buying anything, and kind of wished I'd splashed more cash early on to get some really good-sounding basic bits and bobs.
Like I now have some compressors I understand, two or three great synths, and a piano that sounds good without massive effort, and there's a load of value in the time and frustration saved with those

nothing this year. so far.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”