ConvertWithMoss (prev. MultisampleGenerator) - convert multisamples from WAV,multisample,SFZ,SoundFont2,Decent Sampler

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mac OS 10.15.7 I receive an error message "ConvertWithMoss" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
I called my Mac rude for insulting your work, but I am wondering how to properly install.
Thanks!

carlca wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:09 pm Is this the stuff in https://github.com/bitwig/multisample?
Yes, exactly.

pranaearth wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 pm Mac OS 10.15.7 I receive an error message "ConvertWithMoss" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
I called my Mac rude for insulting your work, but I am wondering how to properly install.
Thanks!
I've opened it successfully on macOS 10.14.16 Mojave. Maybe it was a dodgy download, in which case, just download again and reinstall. Maybe it was an incompatibility with Catalina. Anyone else having this problem?
Bitwig 5.2 beta 1 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + Presonus Studio One Pro 6.6
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4.1 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 am
pranaearth wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 pm Mac OS 10.15.7 I receive an error message "ConvertWithMoss" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
Thanks!
I've opened it successfully on macOS 10.14.16 Mojave. Maybe it was a dodgy download, in which case, just download again and reinstall. Maybe it was an incompatibility with Catalina. Anyone else having this problem?
I've DL it 3X yesterday and 2X today. Same message each time.

Is there any way to keep the loops of an, with Apple Logic Autosampler created, multisamples / Patch? Autosamplers penrosemachine sounds awesome smooth.
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

Thanks!
Yes, Mac is rude, therefore I do not use it ;-)

The error is totally misleading. It simply means that it cannot verify the source from which you downloaded the file and therefore puts it in quarantine. This quarantine is a flag it puts on the files.

Luckily this can be easily fixed:
Open a terminal and enter the application folder (/Applications/ConvertWithMoss.app)
Then issue the command (you need to enter your admin password):
sudo xattr -rc .

After that it should start.

ansolas wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:52 am Is there any way to keep the loops of an, with Apple Logic Autosampler created, multisamples / Patch? Autosamplers penrosemachine sounds awesome smooth.
I do not know about Autosampler but I guess since it is Apple it creates AIFF files, right? If this is the case look for a batch converter to convert the AIFF files to WAV. After that you can use ConvertWithMoss to create Multisample or SFZ files from the WAVs.

moss wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:51 pm
Thanks!

The error is totally misleading. It simply means that it cannot verify the source from which you downloaded the file and therefore puts it in quarantine. This quarantine is a flag it puts on the files.

Open a terminal and enter the application folder (/Applications/ConvertWithMoss.app)
sudo xattr -rc .

First of all, your instruction isn't clear and of course doesn't work the way you explained it. You probably just wrote it out of memory and you know all the ins and outs of the terminal.
The correct command assuming you placed it into the applications folder is:

sudo xattr -rc /Applications/ConvertWithMoss.app
Then type in your password...

(no need to cd into the application folder btw...)

2. I never ever had this issue with any non-notarized third party app. As you programmed/compiled it on your Mac, you don't run into that. I bet there is a way to set those flags at the source...

It is a Java program wrapped into a Mac application. I guess an unwrapped version could also run, but would need Java to be installed?

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:44 am
Thanks!

sudo xattr -rc .

First of all, your instruction isn't clear and of course doesn't work the way you explained it. You probably just wrote it out of memory and you know all the ins and outs of the terminal.

2. I never ever had this issue with any non-notarized third party app. As you programmed/compiled it on your Mac, you don't run into that. I bet there is a way to set those flags at the source...

It is a Java program wrapped into a Mac application. I guess an unwrapped version could also run, but would need Java to be installed?
1) This is exactly what I explained above.
2) Yes, it uses jpackage which might have some squirks since I get a similar warning on Windows.

moss wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:47 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:44 am
Thanks!

sudo xattr -rc .

1) This is exactly what I explained above.
2) Yes, it uses jpackage which might have some squirks since I get a similar warning on Windows.
It didn't work, regardless. Sample conversion isn't a big priority for me anyway, so it's ok.

👋

i've been trying to successfully convert some wave files for a bit now. the naming schema is as follows:
A0_ff_stac.wav
A0_mf_stac.wav
A0_p_stac.wav

i've tried the following detection pattern of:
*_ff_*,*_mf_*,*_p_*

but i receive an error that says it's unable to find the velocity info for a particular samp.

so i renamed my samples where i replaced ff to 003, mf to 002, and p to 001, but this time i received an error about their being multiple samples for L and R channels.

any suggestions?

zfigz wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:53 pm 👋

i've been trying to successfully convert some wave files for a bit now. the naming schema is as follows:
A0_ff_stac.wav
A0_mf_stac.wav
A0_p_stac.wav

i've tried the following detection pattern of:
*_ff_*,*_mf_*,*_p_*

but i receive an error that says it's unable to find the velocity info for a particular samp.

so i renamed my samples where i replaced ff to 003, mf to 002, and p to 001, but this time i received an error about their being multiple samples for L and R channels.

any suggestions?
It should work if add a text to the number, e.g. "_layer001_" etc. Since the numbers can be confused with the note names, that will be improved a bit in the next update.

hmm, i tried it again with the following:
`B6_layer001_sft_stac.wav`
`B6_layer002_sft_stac.wav`
`B6_layer003_sft_stac.wav`
and received the same error:

Code: Select all

Could not create multisample: Could not detected velocity layer information in: B6_layer001_sft_stac.wav
my detection pattern was as follows:
*_layer001_*,*_layer002_*,*_layer003_*

zfigz wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am hmm, i tried it again with the following:
`B6_layer001_sft_stac.wav`
`B6_layer002_sft_stac.wav`
`B6_layer003_sft_stac.wav`
and received the same error:

Could not create multisample: Could not detected velocity layer information in: B6_layer001_sft_stac.wav
my detection pattern was as follows:
*_layer001_*,*_layer002_*,*_layer003_*
The pattern needs to be: _layer*_

If this does not work either, please send me the files.

okay, progress. now my error is as follows:

Could not detect a name.

Return to “Controller Scripting”