KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So someone said the ARP has a new gui but I’m not seeing anything different?

Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:15 am
Mr Arkadin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:10 am Odyssey still not VST3?
It does support VST3. For me it already did (as of 1.4.0), but they just added VST3 support for Windows in the new version (see the 1.5.0 release notes).

The release notes don't mention this, but they also made the UI high res.
But not resizable?

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:08 pm Pity the ARP is still is not properly resizable
Absolutely. I jumped into the collection just for the Triton (mainly), M1 and Wavestatation, then I liked everything. It is a shame a synth sounding that good is unusably small.

I will probably upgrade though if there is nothing more interesting for me on BF.

I got Wavestate Native for 99USD (half price) instead of updating to V4 so they got my money anyway ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

mothra wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:42 pm
The VST3s still aren't really VST3s either. If you remove the VST2's after you install, the VST3 versions break and stop working.
Yeah, same here on Windows. I found that out the hard way - last time I updated I went through all of the plugins and deleted out the VST2 versions - VST3 do not work without those at all. Not even a little bit. Had to reinstall the whole ****ing lot.

New collection - the Kaoss pad appeals, but none of the others. Microkorg - meh. Electribe - meh, there are so many drum plugins already, and TBH just within Cubase I find more than enough to keep me going with the Groove Agent stuff (which is lots). Can't see it adding anything I don't already have. I'd have to shell out $199 too (on Special bundle collection) and I already chose not to upgrade last time because TBH, the Triton is just another workstation type synth which holds no interest. I grew out of those 20 years ago. Demoing the Prophecy...oh dear nostalgia is way better than the actual thing itself Some really dodgy modelling going on (anything wind instrumenty just sounds like white noise tacked on).

So for me...$200 for a Kaoss pad? Nah.

Though I do like that Korg are churning out plugins, just not to my taste sadly.

I like to see the Z1 in the collection, it is still the best synth from Korg to now.

And I wish some company wakes up so we all get the VP1 ;)

VP1 is never going to happen. :D

In Windows, things are not as straightforward as in Mac. I have always suspected that with Korg!
After installation (Windows 11), starting Live began scanning and then crashed! Second, the ARP Odyssey has the same shit blurry fonts and GUI while in Mac it's clear now (although not resizeable).

Other than that, I really like this upgrade from v3! I'm on the opposite side from the majority here it seems as I find microKorg perfect so as Electribe-R. I actually almost purchased them both but I ended buying MODX 6 instead.

I have many complex synths and drum machines, but I don't have such simple instruments with elegant approach for bread and butter sounds and rhythms. Actually, for me, they very useful especially for their low CPU usage!
KAOSS PAD is fantastic too. I don't have such effect :)

So is the Electribe Korg's version of a 303?

The ER-1 is a drum synth
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 pm So is the Electribe Korg's version of a 303?
More like a 909 or possibly an 808.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

More like Microtonic in my opinion
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

All the GUIs are crystal clear on my Windows.
I was really hopeful that the ARP update would finally fix my ongoing issue with not being able to switch it from Windows Audio to ASIO though, it doesn't. Still crashes on every attempt to do so. Will contact support yet again, but expecting the same round-about to silence from them as it has been the previous +5 times.
I seem to remember downloading a free version of the KAOSS to my phone awhile back, but never found any real use for it. So it's not a draw to update here. Maybe the Electribe, maybe the Micro, but the general feeling for me is that I can easily wait until they put something more substantial to warrant another purchase from them.

And again, fix the Stand-alone Odyssey ASIO please. It works great on my Win 7 machine but still crashes my Win 10 every time...

Edit: After installing these three as demos, I see they're all Windows Audio without even an ASIO option! And also not worth any price to me. They'll definitely have to include them for free with a real upgrade to get me to own these.
Last edited by BBFG# on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The kaoss pad might be really fun with a touch screen. The triton was multitouch friendly and very smooth, so the kaoss pad might be great that way.

I still have the old special bundle with Odyssey. Looks like it's 199 upgrade to V4. Seems like an ok deal for the tritons and the rest of it, though I'm not itching for any of it. Always wanted a KAOSS pad though, and I had an ER-1 once and have the ipad version. Nice drum synth indeed. Not super familiar with the microkorg but I feel like I've seen that vocoder used a fair bit by bands I've enjoyed, will have to check it out.

Odyssey looks pretty sharp on windows here, but tbh I don't remember it every being blurry.

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:15 pm More like Microtonic in my opinion
I agree, but he was talking Roland.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

Return to “Instruments”