Cableguys Curve 2 CM followed by Curve 2 Beat

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve 2 CM

I, too, am experiencing hanging notes (Windows 8, 64 bit, Reaper). The only way to get rid of them is too remove and re-add the plugin. I'm away from my DAW now, so I can't give more details. I'll do that when I'm back.

just had a quick play with this in my lunch hour, and have to say I'm very impressed. I'm normally useless at designing my own sounds, but this UI is very intuitive and easy to work with, and I've already managed to create a few interesting patches of my own.

After inspecting the issue further, it turns out only mono and legato patches provide problems. Strangely, hanging note doesn't limit the polyphony, so in case of mono and legato patches, I can play another note alongside the hanging one.

zyguli wrote:After inspecting the issue further, it turns out only mono and legato patches provide problems. Strangely, hanging note doesn't limit the polyphony, so in case of mono and legato patches, I can play another note alongside the hanging one.
Yep, confirmed.

(32 bit, XP sp3, energyxt and reaper)

Lovely sound all the same, so smooth when you want it. That Soft Brass patch is gorgeous. Maybe not a perfect oberheim brass patch but very nice all the same.

GaryG wrote:
zyguli wrote:After inspecting the issue further, it turns out only mono and legato patches provide problems. Strangely, hanging note doesn't limit the polyphony, so in case of mono and legato patches, I can play another note alongside the hanging one.
Yep, confirmed.
Thanks so much for everyone who reported the bug! Will fix it next week.
GaryG wrote:Lovely sound all the same, so smooth when you want it. That Soft Brass patch is gorgeous. Maybe not a perfect oberheim brass patch but very nice all the same.
Glad you like it! Yes, Earworm is an amazing preset designer.

Great! Thanks a lot and congratulations on your amazing synth!

Good News!

We could identify the problem with the hanging notes. It occurs if you change from mono to legato mode while playing at least two notes simultaneously.

A fix is already on the way and will be available for download at the beginning of next week. Thanks to everyone for reporting this bug!

Michael / Cableguys wrote:A fix is already on the way and will be available for download at the beginning of next week. Thanks to everyone for reporting this bug!
Download will be updated in CM Vault?

there is update check in the plugin itself (bottom right side of the gui), when it finds one - it takes you to Cableguys website ;)

The fix for hanging notes in Curve 2 CM is out now!

Yes - hit the "Check for Updates" link in the bottom right side of Curve 2 CM's gui, which will open our website with a link to the new version.

Thanks for everyone who mentioned this bug!

Thanks, will try it ASAP!

Curve2CM is awesome. However, the 32 bit version sometimes crashes Ableton Live 8.3. It's not related to the preset problem. Live just crashes while working with the program. Here's what my event viewer shows.

Faulting application ableton live 8.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x4ec674b2

Hope this can be fixed before the next Curve2CM release

There is one more 'issue' - with library syncing - I registered my email, but shit happens and I had to reinstall Windows (therefore - all plugins and stuff). So I typed the same email and error message appears that the email address is already used - so do I really have to use different email, even though I only use one copy of Curve 2 CM, on the same machine just with a fresh Windows installation?

DJ_Bach wrote:Curve2CM is awesome. However, the 32 bit version sometimes crashes Ableton Live 8.3. It's not related to the preset problem. Live just crashes while working with the program. Here's what my event viewer shows.

Faulting application ableton live 8.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x4ec674b2

Hope this can be fixed before the next Curve2CM release
Thanks - glad to hear that you like Curve2CM.

I also hope we can fix this as soon as possible. Can you write us on what system you are working ? And do you use other plugins simultaneously or does it also crash even if you work only with Curve2CM?

Tehnik wrote:There is one more 'issue' - with library syncing - I registered my email, but shit happens and I had to reinstall Windows (therefore - all plugins and stuff). So I typed the same email and error message appears that the email address is already used - so do I really have to use different email, even though I only use one copy of Curve 2 CM, on the same machine just with a fresh Windows installation?
see page 1, this was an issue with CurveCM (1)

Return to “Instruments”