New Release - Soniccouture Novachord - out now

RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/g21-novachord/

163 vacuum tubes power this 72 note polyphonic 500lb beast.
Ethereal, ancient yet modern - the future sound of 1939.

Last edited by soniccouture on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great news! Great offer, too.

I'm a little confused as to Kontakt cmpatibility, however. Will this run in Kontakt 3, or do I need that confounded "Player"? And is the Player limited in any way? i just remember hearing something about a 30 minute limit.... maybe that was erroneous, but I'd rather make sure.

It seems to be a fully licensed library, so it will work in K4 player without limitations.

Hi,
you need Kontakt 4, or you can use the free player.
it's not time limited, as you will get a serial number that allows you to authorise.

James

soniccouture wrote:Hi,
you need Kontakt 4, or you can use the free player.
it's not time limited, as you will get a serial number that allows you to authorise.

James
Thanks for the quick reply, James and standalone. The demos are sounding wonderful, I feel like Dr. Phibes already.

Yes!. Best demos in the net, as always.

Oh!, and about the Kontakt 4 issue, you can't miss this:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... ur-summer/

standalone wrote:Oh!, and about the Kontakt 4 issue, you can't miss this:

I never thought I'd write this, but.... O.M.F.G.!!!!!! Komplete 6 for a ludicrous 74,50??
Thanks for the heads-up!
I've been putting off getting that update for quite a while, but this really nails it.

off to install the novachord now, it's finally downloaded. 8)

I'm.. astonished and flabbergasted. I've just been playing this beautiful instrument for half an hour, and I have to say... you guys really deserve a medal for this. It's so amazingly well done, the sounds that can be had... I just turned the release up and played a wash of ungodly noise, then loaded a more delicate setting and played against that soundscape... it was like hearing amplified raindrops in a thunderstorm. Thank you so very much for this, you've really outdone yourselves this time.
:love:

ariston wrote:
standalone wrote:Oh!, and about the Kontakt 4 issue, you can't miss this:

I never thought I'd write this, but.... O.M.F.G.!!!!!! Komplete 6 for a ludicrous 74,50??
Thanks for the heads-up!
I've been putting off getting that update for quite a while, but this really nails it.
Me too - a real no brainer :)

Sounds excellent. Nice work!

In fact, everything I've heard from Sonicouture to date sounds excellent.

ariston wrote:I'm.. astonished and flabbergasted. I've just been playing this beautiful instrument for half an hour, and I have to say... you guys really deserve a medal for this. It's so amazingly well done, the sounds that can be had... I just turned the release up and played a wash of ungodly noise, then loaded a more delicate setting and played against that soundscape... it was like hearing amplified raindrops in a thunderstorm. Thank you so very much for this, you've really outdone yourselves this time.
Glad you like it!

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the specs on the Soniccouture website.

It says that Novachord is: Kontakt Player 4 compatible : System Requirements: Mac OS X® 10.4 - 10.6, G5 1.8 GHz or Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz

But the specs for Kontakt 4 full/Player according to the NI website are: Mac OS® X 10.5 or higher, Intel® Core™ Duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM.

Does this mean that Novachord is also compatible with Kontakt 3.5 (which works on PPC and Tiger, in contrast with K4)?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hi,
yes, that was an error, I've updated it now, apologies.

you Do need K4.

James

ariston wrote:I'm.. astonished and flabbergasted. I've just been playing this beautiful instrument for half an hour, and I have to say... you guys really deserve a medal for this. It's so amazingly well done, the sounds that can be had... I just turned the release up and played a wash of ungodly noise, then loaded a more delicate setting and played against that soundscape... it was like hearing amplified raindrops in a thunderstorm. Thank you so very much for this, you've really outdone yourselves this time.
Well, this is a 'jump-right-on-it' for me...i've liked the idea and the sound of this instrument since i first tripped on reviews and samples of it a few years back. A polyphonic synth from the era of piston-engined planes and 78rpm records...? Unreal, but true. And i'm sure that the usual SC magic will be subtly deployed...

f'n<x> :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Return to “Soniccouture”