Hollow Sun Records launched...

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am very happy to announce the launch of Hollow Sun Records and we enjoyed an electronica Eisteddfod at Hollow Sun Towers on March 1st, Saint David's day here in Welsh Wales. Cook made cawl, rarebit and her legendary vol-au-vents and there was a plentiful supply of Brains S.A., Tomos Watkin's Cwrw Braf, Pimms and G&T at hand beneath the bardic bunting. But I digress...

Hollow Sun Records brings esoteric electronica from a broad range of experimental sonic artists from across the world on modestly priced, high quality downloadable WAV albums you can buy directly.

Hollow Sun Records offers considered, abstract soundscapes and thoughtful sonic tapestries brought to you by leaders in their field of modern (and some retro), offbeat electronica.

We pride ourselves on the slightly odd and weird and tend towards the unconventional. Many strange noises are to be heard reverberating around the crumbling, musty corridors and labs here at Hollow Sun Towers so it seems only logical to release the work of friends who are exploring new (and sometimes revisiting some old) sonic territories.

There are currently three releases - Atomic Shadow's '12 Full Moons', Bob Tavis's 'Colours Out Of Space' and Matthias Shuster's very retro Krautrock offering, "Lichtjahr', all of them delightfully and wonderfully odd.

There is also a free bonus track to download that is a compilation of audio demos created on the Hollow Sun Music Laboratory Machines.

More releases are scheduled for the future.

MORE DETAILS

Best wishes on your new project.

I'll be availing myself of those recordings in the near future.

OC

Hollow Sun Records was featured in Sonic State's excellent weekly podcast on Wednesday (6th March).

hollowsun wrote: (and some retro),
oooh, I like the sound of that! :love:

Will keep an eye on your new venture from now on. I wish you much success (however you measure it) and fun! :)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

I just became aware of Hollow Sun records (after becoming fascinated with Hollow Sun's MLM collection). I was wondering what file format the downloads are for the various albums. Hopefully not just MP3.

BTW, I'm very encouraged to see Hollow Sun promoting full albums rather than pandering to the one-off single purchases that seem to drive the music market these days. Kudos...

Steve
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one...Einstein

SBall wrote:I was wondering what file format the downloads are for the various albums. Hopefully not just MP3.
Nope. Full quality WAVs
SBall wrote:BTW, I'm very encouraged to see Hollow Sun promoting full albums rather than pandering to the one-off single purchases that seem to drive the music market these days. Kudos...
:)

The 'label' is doing ok. Granted, titles aren't flying off the shelves and people aren't exactly queuing round the block (yet!) but I don't care. It does ok. More importantly, the artists are getting a small bit of money (rather than just giving it away for nothing) and customers are getting a complete, full quality album and are supporting the creators. All good as I see it.

Cheers,

Stephen

Selling underground music is pretty hard nowaday. Your label looks very good & I dig the genre of music you're releasing.

Selling ANY music is pretty hard these days! :?

Glad you like what we're doing.

Cheers,

Stephen

Steve, you could also think about uploading FLAC lossless compressed audio. Halves your uploads :)

Return to “Hollow Sun”